• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show on Last Day of Month, When to Close?

In summary, if you have a show on the 31st, you should tell your hostess and try to close that night.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a show on Jan.31st. I have never had a show where the host was ready to close that night. They always seem to want to keep it open another few days to tie up loose ends with friends. Do you think I should step it up a bit in my host coaching and tell this host of the 31st show that we need to close her show that night. I'd love those extra points, but don't want my host to be disappointed that I want it closed right then. For those of you who have success with closing the same day, any tips of word usage?

I have a similar problem. I have a show on the 30th. But it was a catalog show that had to close by that date that turned into a cooking show and so the hostess is prepared to close that night or at least the very next day. I have coached her to collect her orders now so we can close that night.

Normally, if it is that late in the month...I let them keep it open. But this time it worked for me.

i always tell my hosts that are hosting at the end of the month that we need to close the night of the show so that if their guests order enough to get the special for that month, then we need to get it close to get the show sent in.

I have found that if my hostess is aware we are closing that night, they work harder to get the outside orders before the show. I know of a director in my upline who always closes her shows the night of the show. If there are outside orders after that, they make a catalog show of them.

I have a Catalog Show closing on January 31st and a Pampered Business Catalog Show closing the 30th. I am telling them both I have to close in order to get the January specials, etc. There is no need to tell them they can close by the 15th because I lose my double points...Maybe you could offer an extra incentive to close that night...

I just feel weird saying that it needs to close that night without giving an explanation. Since HO lets you have till the 15th of the next month and it's stated in the fine print, I feel like I can't say that I have to close it that night. I want to though. Do I just say, since it's the last day of the month, I'd really like to get it submitted so that we can get things processed as soon as possible for your guests?

Let them know Amanda that you are working towards Disney and to get the extra points you need them to close that night. They will help you, but you NEED to let them know in advance so they are ready. If you wait and tell them on the 31st they will say they are not ready. Give them time to get the orders. Be honest.

My own "personal" policy is that I close out shows within that month, whether they are held on the last day or not. I DO NOT hold shows over the next month. I do let all who book within the last week,day, etc of the month that this is what I do, so they are aware. I tell them to get all orders ahead of time. That's that. I have been doing this for over a year and I am much MORE SANE!

Chef Kearns said:
Let them know Amanda that you are working towards Disney and to get the extra points you need them to close that night. They will help you, but you NEED to let them know in advance so they are ready. If you wait and tell them on the 31st they will say they are not ready. Give them time to get the orders. Be honest.

I agree. Honesty is the best way to handle it. Your host will respect you more as a consultant if you just let her know why it's urgent for you. I usually don't run a "hard" close date with my hosts...just try to close within the week after the show. But when it's this important to me, I let them know that I'm working towards a goal and that they can help me reach it by closing at the end of the month their show is held. I advise them I don't want to carry the show over to the following month. To date, I have not had any problems and they are more than willing. Sometimes that deadline makes them get out there and get it done. Otherwise, they count on the sales from the show and then set another goal after the show based on the party sales. Coach her and keep her excited...she'll get excited to see all of the sales before she even has her party!

I usually leave my shows open for a few days too. But when we are at the end of the month and I want it in by the last day I always tell my host ahead of time that we will be closing it that night. Haven't had a problem yet.

1. When is the last day of the month to hold a Pampered Chef show?

The last day of the month to hold a show is the last day of the calendar month. This means that if the last day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, your show can still be held on that day.

2. Can I hold a show on the 31st of the month?

Yes, you can hold a show on the 31st of the month if it falls on the last day of the calendar month. However, if the 31st is not the last day of the month, you will need to hold your show on the actual last day of the month.

3. When should I close my show on the last day of the month?

You should close your show on the last day of the month before 11:59 PM Central Time. This ensures that all orders are processed and counted towards your show's total sales for the month.

4. Can I extend my show past the last day of the month?

No, unfortunately, shows cannot be extended past the last day of the month. This is to ensure that all orders are processed and counted towards the correct month's sales.

5. What happens if my show does not reach the required sales goal for the month?

If your show does not reach the required sales goal for the month, it will still be counted towards your personal sales and commission. However, it will not count towards any monthly sales promotions or incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
  • melissasutkus