• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Shows After the Show: Stress It or Wait?

In summary, most hosts close the show the day of the show. However, some hosts wait a few days and others close three days later.
pcchris
Silver Member
how many of you close the show the day of the show? I've only had 2 hosts that were ready to close that night.:confused: I would LOVE to close the show as soon as it's over...is this something you should STRESS during host coaching? I've mentioned it, but it doesn't seem to get through. I don't like waiting 2-3 days after the show to close it. What do you do?!?!

I don't like to do this because there is ALWAYS someone who can't come to the show at the last minute - puking kid or something - and I would prefer to get their order and possibly a booking. I tell the host from the first phone call through the pack-up of the show that we will close in 2-3 days.

I agree with Kate. I don't like to close a show the same night for a couple of reasons: guests who couldn't make it (like Kate said), I like to go home and put the show in the computer to catch mistakes and it's easier for me to do a host's order with the computer, my hosts usually need some time to figure out what they want with their host benefits.

I feel that if you close your shows the same night, you are cheating your host out of the opportunity to reach the next level...you hurt them plus you hurt your commission :)

I like to give 4 extra days, just in case. Tonight's host is really supportive of me getting the HWC products and because she's a CM consultant has no problem coaching her hosts/guest to close within a couple of days of their show. They're all used to her askig to close early so YAY! for me! She's my 3 show this month already :D

I wait a few days b/c so far all of my host have collected more orders after the shows. And they need time to pick out their free stuff. I would not want to be rushed to make my choices and I do not ask my host to do anything I would not want to do myself.

More orders means more commission for me!:D

I also give my host 3-4 days to close for the same reasons above, like being able to collect more orders and giving the hostess time to pick her host benefits.

I always wait so host can gather orders from those that couldn't attend and to get the checks in the bank and CLEARED!!!

Okay, so the general consensus is that you wait a few days...I have a show scheduled for March 31. I know I can submit for March until midnight on April 5th, so if you were me, what would be your cut off date for this one? Like, the 3rd of April? I just am afraid that if I tell her that she has until the 3rd, she might try to stretch it out, and I'll miss the deadline on the 5th! (I really want my mid season products FREE!!!)

Oh, and by the way Tara - good thought about the checks clearing first!!!

pcchris said:
Okay, so the general consensus is that you wait a few days...I have a show scheduled for March 31. I know I can submit for March until midnight on April 5th, so if you were me, what would be your cut off date for this one? Like, the 3rd of April? I just am afraid that if I tell her that she has until the 3rd, she might try to stretch it out, and I'll miss the deadline on the 5th! (I really want my mid season products FREE!!!)
I would tell her the 2nd, but I prepare my end-of-the-month hosts that I don't have much time and they need to get as much done BEFORE as possible. I don't close at the show because it adds an hour to the time I am away from my family during the show. I could easily wait a day or two and close over the phone once the host is prepared with what they want!

I close the show three days later.... becasue their is always someone who wants to do an outside order...and that gives the hostess time to finalize their order.

pcchris said:
I just am afraid that if I tell her that she has until the 3rd, she might try to stretch it out, and I'll miss the deadline on the 5th! (I really want my mid season products FREE!!!)

Not to worry. The mid-season products promotion is for sales from March 16 to April 16. She'll definitely close by then. :)

pcchris said:
how many of you close the show the day of the show? I've only had 2 hosts that were ready to close that night.:confused: I would LOVE to close the show as soon as it's over...is this something you should STRESS during host coaching? I've mentioned it, but it doesn't seem to get through. I don't like waiting 2-3 days after the show to close it. What do you do?!?!

How do you close a show without the checks clearing? I think I missed something. I always wait until the checks clear to send a show...Can someone explain!!!! Thanks!

I have only closed one show the same night and that was Feb 28th because I wanted the commission on that night and didn't want it to drag out. The host agreed on doing this when she dated her party and I put the "closing the show the night of the party" notice on the invitations and noone had a problem. She worked hard to get outside orders from anyone who said they couldn't come and asked the few who of course cancelled the hour before the show due to sick kids if they wanted anything as well. I'm sure she could have garnered a few more if we kept it open but in that one instance, I wanted it done with. I usually keep shows open 3 -5 days... I push for 3 because it usually ends up that they ask for a day or 2 extra anyway.

quiverfull7 said:
I have only closed one show the same night and that was Feb 28th because I wanted the commission on that night and didn't want it to drag out. The host agreed on doing this when she dated her party and I put the "closing the show the night of the party" notice on the invitations and noone had a problem. She worked hard to get outside orders from anyone who said they couldn't come and asked the few who of course cancelled the hour before the show due to sick kids if they wanted anything as well. I'm sure she could have garnered a few more if we kept it open but in that one instance, I wanted it done with. I usually keep shows open 3 -5 days... I push for 3 because it usually ends up that they ask for a day or 2 extra anyway.

I really like the idea of putting the closing date on the invites! I usually give my hosts a few days but have had terrible trouble lately with them streching it out to a week or more! I just got scr**ed for dbl pionts because a host didn't get all her check for outside orders to me in time. I was ticked!

I typically give my hosts no more than a week (the games/challenges I use rewards them for closing w/i a week). But -- if there's an incentive I'm trying to reach, then I'll shorten it, but I ALWAYS let them know ahead of time.

Also, I'm surprised (maybe not) that some of you are depositing the checks BEFORE closing out/submitting the show. I've been doing this for almost two years, and I've NEVER deposited ANY of the show money until AFTER the show was submitted/closed. Besides, they have 3 days to cancel their order, so if you deposit the $$$, and they cancel (I know...very rare), then you'll be paying it back. ***I've only had to deal with ONE case of a bounced check (2 at a time), but both customers quickly solved the issue***

Anyway, I guess that's why we're Independent Consultants...to each his own.

I also submit the show before I deposit the checks. The only problem I have ever had is with credit cards coming back! Most of the time I'm sure it's me that either keyed the # in wrong, or spelled the name wrong. I always call that person right away and they get me either another number, or send me a check. I guess I should knock on wood (hear that- tap tap??) that I've never been burned!!

(Afterthought): I just want my customers to get their products as soon as they can...that's why I don't wait until all of the checks clear. If that's the way some do it, that's cool! I know one of these days I'll get burned, but I'm not planning on it happening anytime soon! I would call my host and tell them to not deliver the product then, I guess!

I don't wait for the checks to clear either.I've only had one bounced check - from the hostess no less, so, knock on wood, I've never had a problem with checks. I don't want to keep my guest waiting any longer than they have to for their products.

Rebeccascabinet said:
I don't wait for the checks to clear either.I've only had one bounced check - from the hostess no less, so, knock on wood, I've never had a problem with checks. I don't want to keep my guest waiting any longer than they have to for their products.

I don't wait either. Have only had two bounced checks in 8 years.

Funny story about holding checks....I had one show where a customer came up to the table with her checkbook and sat down, opened the book, and said, "Could you help me? Could you please hold this check?" I smiled and reached out and put my hand on the checkbook!! :D I thought she wanted me to hold the checkbook so it wouldn't move while she wrote!! :eek: She looked at me real funny and I realized that she meant she wanted me to hold the check for a few days before depositing it!! How embarrassing!!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I don't wait either. Have only had two bounced checks in 8 years.

Funny story about holding checks....I had one show where a customer came up to the table with her checkbook and sat down, opened the book, and said, "Could you help me? Could you please hold this check?" I smiled and reached out and put my hand on the checkbook!! :D I thought she wanted me to hold the checkbook so it wouldn't move while she wrote!! :eek: She looked at me real funny and I realized that she meant she wanted me to hold the check for a few days before depositing it!! How embarrassing!!!

That is sooo funny!

In November I went to a training given by Julie Weitz of Outward Image. Since then, I have been closing my shows THE NIGHT OF the show, as recommended by Julie. I coach my hosts starting at least 2 weeks out that ALL outside orders and payments are due at the show. This has been working for me! My hosts get lots of outside orders before the show. In addition, my hosts have been happier with their orders - they are getting pretty much everything on their wish lists - and my show average has gone up. My show average is usually about $750.

It takes me a little more time to do this on the night of the show, for sure... but it saves me so much time later, when I'm pretty busy with other host coaching and preparing for other shows (I do a lot of shows.) The day after the show, when I have time, I put in all the contact info, balance and transmit the show. I do NOT deposit the checks first... I usually deposit the checks the day I transmit the show. I've only had one check bounce ever, and it took at least 2 weeks before I knew about it anyway. I can't imagine waiting that much time before transmitting the show. My customers usually have their products within a week of attending the show (barring and shipping delays on PC's part), and they are very happy about that.

I always deposit my checks the next day. It usually takes a day or so for them to show up in my account, usually they are cleared before we close 3-4 days later. The only thing I have had come back is a credit card and it was mine LOL my bank is too small for PC to recognize, took me 2 or 3 times before I just paid "cash".

1. What does "closing shows" mean?

Closing shows refers to the final step in a Pampered Chef party, where the consultant encourages guests to make a purchase or book a party for the future.

2. Should I stress the importance of making a purchase or waiting for a future party?

It ultimately depends on your guests and their interest in the products. If they are already excited and eager to make a purchase, you can stress the importance of making a purchase now. However, if they seem hesitant or on the fence, it may be better to wait and give them time to think about it before booking a future party.

3. How do I effectively close a show?

The key to effectively closing a show is to create a sense of urgency and highlight the value of the products. You can do this by offering limited-time deals or emphasizing the benefits of the products. Additionally, make sure to thank your guests for attending and remind them of any host rewards or special offers.

4. Can I offer discounts or promotions to encourage guests to make a purchase?

Yes, you can offer discounts or promotions as an incentive for guests to make a purchase. However, make sure to follow Pampered Chef's guidelines and avoid offering discounts that are too steep or may negatively impact your business.

5. What if some guests are not interested in making a purchase or booking a party?

Not all guests will be interested in making a purchase or booking a party, and that is okay. The important thing is to thank them for attending and offer them the opportunity to stay in touch for future parties or promotions. You never know when their interest in Pampered Chef may change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies