• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Soon Do You Close Your Shows?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of when to close shows and the varying opinions and experiences of the participants. Some preferred to close within 2-3 days, while others waited longer, up to a week or more. The reasons for closing quickly included keeping guests' interest and avoiding delays in product delivery. On the other hand, some mentioned the possibility of losing orders from guests who couldn't attend the show or wanted to order later. There was also a discussion about making it clear to the hostess that orders should be placed before the show date if guests were unable to attend. Overall, the group seemed to agree that closing within a few days was ideal, but there were exceptions based on personal circumstances or host requests.
AMTC
Gold Member
I'm wondering how soon everyone closes their shows?

I am thinking of changing my policy to closing the night of the show. Why should guests who attended have to wait for orders to come in from guests who didn't bother?

How soon do you close?

I like to close with in the week following their show. I feel if you keep it open any longer than that people wonder where their stuff is.

Life happens -- if I were to close the night of the show I'd almost always loose orders - so that doesn't benefit me, or the hostess. I close within 3-4 days. The website sets up automatically for 4 I think. Our shipping is so fast, when I tell them they're going to have everything in about 2 weeks, they're more than happy.

The only time I've closed the night of the show was at the end of my 30 days... I told her I had to have everything in that night if she wanted the charter host gift.

I usually tell the host 3 days after the show. But lately, I've had a hard time connecting with hosts to actually close, and it ends up being a week after the show date.

2-3 days. I tried "within a week" to start, but it just drags the guests out. The host does better when there is a firm date 2-3 days out. It lets those who need to think, think but not drag and change minds. It also helps the show get to the guests 1 - 1 1/2 weeks from the actual show date. They LOVE not waiting for products. I actually got 1 booking because of the speed of getting stuff!!!

IAmChefJ said:
Life happens -- if I were to close the night of the show I'd almost always loose orders - so that doesn't benefit me, or the hostess. I close within 3-4 days.

This thought crossed my mind, so I think if I try this then I'm going to have to make it perfectly clear to the hostess that anyone who can't come, but wants to order must order before the show date.

If they unexpectedly can't make it to the show, I think we could direct them to the website....or take their order over the phone. I may try it and see how it goes....

I want to close within 4 days. Do my hosts do this? no.... they keep dragging it out till their friends are calling me wondering where their stuff is... Ugh....

I used to wait a week, but I'm working on switching to a 2-3 day policy. I would be hesitant to close the night of the show because, there is often someone that doesn't make it for whatever reason but that wanted to order. Or, I love it when a guest falls in love with the catalog and wants to show their spouse or friends at work and get more orders!

This is probably unheard of but Im new & so I went with it. My first cooking show was on the 16th of July and at the request of the host and a few of the guests they asked to close the show on the 30th. The night of the show I only had $86 in orders and by close the party hit $500. Im sure this is rare but it worked for this group!

I usually suggest to my hosts that we close within 48 hours of the show time...that way we get the show submitted and delivered promptly. The only time I extend this is if the host makes a special request based on personal circumstances. And the only time I close any earlier is if the host tells me that she doesn't have ANY more possible orders coming in.

Mine vary. Some close quickly and some close late. I figure it can't hurt unless I am trying for one of the promotions which I let my host know ahead of time.

I voted 4-7 days. It's much closer to 4 than 7, though. Most of my hosts are church-goers, and many of them have a few orders to collect at church. If that's the case, I suggest closing on Monday (or the closest date available).It is incredibly rare for my hosts to take any more than 4-5 days. If a host asks about keeping a show open longer, I tell her (or him) that, in my experience, the additional sales from 3 days or 3 weeks is basically the same. I also remind her that the longer she waits to close, the longer her guests will have to wait for their products.

Although I would like to close within 2-3 days, it is usally 3-7 days. The host is usually trying to track orders down, and/or tracking money down, and then I am usually trying to track them down! I would be happy with a 3-4 day close.

Okay, I've no experience yet, so just wanted to get that said. But I plan on closing the night of the show. For those outside orders, why can't we coach the host to get them before the show? I, too, think that the guests who did take time out of their busy lives should be rewarded for attending. If the host says she has a few to add on and they are all from church or work or something, why can't that just be a separate catalog show? Or have someone book a show and have those as outside orders to begin with?

I'd like to build a reputation with my clients that I get their orders to them fast.

I like to stay in the 3 to 7 days cause I find anything longer isn't always the best the hostess forgets or customers do too when to turn in their orders

I TRY to have them close it within a few days of the show. This rarely happens though. I have had hosts drag it out for WEEKS! One of my new goals is to get those shows closed sooner.

I don't think I'll ever be someone who closes the night of the show. Too many times there are people who can't come at the last minute, and still want to place an order - but need to look at a catalog....OR the host is just a few dollars away from the next level, and 1 or 2 more orders will get her there. I very often have hosts who collect $200 in outside orders after the show. One host who closed this past week, at her show had $217 in sales. Her DH had been on vacation, but she knew that if he took a catalog into work, she would get some more orders. So, we set the closing date for 5 days after the show. In that time, she got over $300 more dollars in orders from DH's work. She closed at over $500, and got the July Host Bonus of $50 more in free product! We closed 5 days after the show, and she had her products 7 days after the show!With that said though - I am THRILLED with the new cut off of the 15th of the month for shows being turned in! For those hosts who drag their feet - especially catalog hosts who go MIA - this will be a wonderful way to get them to finally get things closed.

I usally close within a few days after the show but no more than that as often hosts go MIA! Doing 8-10 shows a month I don't have time to hunt people down!
I have closed several lately the night of the show and coached the hosts ahead of time that we were doing that. I usually do that for end of month shows or when there is a special incentive. I do ask them if they mind if we close that day. They tended to get their outside orders ahead of time. Those seem happy (and me too) that it is over and done with and don't have to meet up for payment or anything. I bring my laptop to my shows so it is VERY convenient!

1. How soon do I need to close my show?

You can close your show anytime you feel ready. However, we recommend closing it within 10 days of your party date to ensure timely delivery of products.

2. Can I extend the closing date of my show?

Yes, you can extend the closing date of your show if needed. Please contact your consultant to make arrangements.

3. What happens if I don't close my show by the designated date?

If you do not close your show by the designated date, your orders will be processed and shipped as usual. However, you will not receive any host rewards or benefits.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I close my show early?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards if you close your show early. However, we recommend waiting until the designated closing date to allow for more time for guests to place orders.

5. How do I close my show?

To close your show, simply contact your consultant and let them know you are ready to close. They will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
  • chefshakeerah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • Bren706