• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Closes the Night of the Show?

the night of the show. It was a $500 show and it was worth it! I was able to get all of her outside orders and a few last minute ones.
katie0128
Silver Member
I was just at a Julie Weitz (sp?) seminar on Thursday... WOW! She is an amazing speaker. Can anyone say "Change is GOOD?"

Anyway, one of the things she HIGHLY recommends is closing your show the night of the show. I'm sure this, like many other things, works for some and not for others. I'm curious who has tried it, how it has worked and if you have continued with it or not. I'm tired of chasing some hosts that end up with no additional orders, but then there are enough that DO get additional orders that make it worth it (well, at least for now). I think to make this a bit easier for me to process, I'm gonna make this a poll.

I wish I could take the host into closing the night of the show. I always get the people that say, I need more time to decide and then they never order. If they had to order at the show it might be different. Usually the hosts want to leave it open for a week to get some last orders. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I always leave my shows open for only 3 days. It allows those that attended to get their products in a timely manner. Most hosts add at least one order on, so it has been worth it. I have only had a handful of guests leave in 3 years, that don't order. If the hosts live in town, I will set a date and time to meet and close. If they are out of my town, we can close on the phone with CC for remainder orders, or they can mail me the checks.

I didn't answer the poll because none of the responses really fit me.I talk with the host about when she wants to close before we do the party. I let her (or him) know that closing the day of the show makes it easier for her and gets the products to her guests faster. Because of last-minute cancellations, most of my hosts want a little time. I suggest a couple of days. I let them know that more time almost never equals more sales. With very few exceptions (and those have been because of my schedule), it's never over a week.I've been to Julie's training. She is great. I even purchased a CD training set and signed up for her newsletter. We have different styles, so I tend to take her basic ideas and rework them to suit my style.

If you close the night of the show..how does the 5-15-5 apply?
My hosts almost always have outside orders after the show. I voted a week, but in reality I usually have to chase most of them down.

I'm learning to close the day or atleast within 2. Some still have orders, but most say, "i never got a hold of her or they just don't order".

I rarely get any orders after the show. Then I have to hunt the host down. I have found that after the show that night it is no longer a priority for her. She is no longer thinking about it. I inform my hosts during host coaching that I will close that night. Almost all do. I also let the guests know at the show. I like it much better this way. Less work for all involved and it keeps those that attended happy.

As far as 5-15-5...I tell her to get 10 orders before the show.

DMB75 said:
I wish I could take the host into closing the night of the show. I always get the people that say, I need more time to decide and then they never order. If they had to order at the show it might be different. Usually the hosts want to leave it open for a week to get some last orders. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Don't talk her into it...tell her that is what you are doing (politely of course)

I tell my hosts that I would like to close her show that night so make sure to collect orders from those you know can't attend. I let the guests know at the show that host is closing that night so they can have their products in less than a week.

I usually close within a week of the show, but some hosts are harder than others to reach. My host from 9-8 just gave me the rest of her outside orders friday night! :eek: That is the longest I have ever had a show open!! She just never returned my phone calls instead of just saying I'm working on it still or whatever. she did end up having a $500 show.

I have only closed one show in 7 years the night of the show and that was with a former conultant, so she knew what she was really doing! It was great! I am going to try to make it a policy of mine to close within 2-3 days following the show because I feel that the guests that made it shouldn't have to wait for their products because of 1 or 2 guests that didn't make it to the show!

stacywhitlow said:
Don't talk her into it...tell her that is what you are doing (politely of course)

I tell my hosts that I would like to close her show that night so make sure to collect orders from those you know can't attend. I let the guests know at the show that host is closing that night so they can have their products in less than a week.

I agree. Since going to Julie's training in February, I've been doing this. It's been GREAT! I spend so much less time on the phone & more time with my family. I don't have to worry about having late-in-the-month shows when there are incentives b/c I know they will close. I mention in the first host coaching call that we'll be doing that--although I do tell them that it's not carved in stone, so if they are really close to another level then we can wait 1-2 days. My husband has even noticed how much less stressful I feel doing this. I used to try to track down hosts, spending every night trying to hunt someone down & then having to wait for the checks in the mail. I can tell guests that we'll be closing that night & they can expect their orders within 2 weeks--although many times they are getting their products in less than a week--and they are LOVING it! I've also noticed that my hosts have much more in outside orders since they know they have to get them before the show. Plus I offer free food if they have $200 in oo when I get there. Personally I feel that it's worth trying if you are thinking about it. Just try it for a month or two. If you don't like it, then stop. Oh--it also gets my hosts to make their wish lists before the show. They choose their stuff while I pack up & then I get their order. I don't submit the show until the next day after I cash the checks & tell the host that, just in case someone comes up to her with an order.

It really makes it easier when you close the night of the show. That way people are not waiting a long time for their product. Also, if we can close the show the night of the party, I will include a special gift to my host such as the Easy Opener or Can Strainer. And I do tell my hosts in my host coaching calls that if we can close the show the night of the party, I will include a gift. So it makes tons easier.:) :)

pamperedgirl3 said:
I agree. Since going to Julie's training in February, I've been doing this. It's been GREAT! I spend so much less time on the phone & more time with my family... <snipped>

You sound like the testimonial that Julie read at the training! How long were you doing PC before you changed to this method? Do you hosts have more OO before the show than before? Has your show average increased?

Katie~

I have not done this really...even though I attended Julies training in Feb. (I have implemented MANY other of her ideas though...and have gotten super results!)

My hostess last Saturday I had coached to close the night of her show, since I needed to submit those sales in September. It really wasn't a big deal since we had discussed it during coaching calls. Those who attended the show will benefit by getting their things so quickly. I still am going back and forth in my head wether or not I want to try this. Really, I should just give it a try for 2 or 3 months and see what happens.

You MUST host coach about this though! I have always stressed how easy it is to get a $1,000 show if my hosts follow the 5+15+5 rule....maybe I need to change it to "The 10 + 15 Rule" LOL

Right now, though, I try to close out the show within 3 days.

If you are game... wanna "team up" and try this together for the rest of the year? I'd love to have someone to bounce ideas off of...

Sure! I have to warn you, though, that my schedule is slim pickins right now.... (I am fixing that though!) so I don't have many "guinie pigs" on the books!! LOL

Hey... me either! I'm trying to find someone to watch the kiddos tonight because my NED is having a Booking Blitz that I REALLY want to participate in!

Host coaching is one of my biggest weaknesses right now and I know this is going to add one more level of "uncomfortableness" to the whole situation. Do you have a checklist/worksheet/outline/etc. that you use?

I hardly ever close on the night of the show. I usually leave it open for a few days, because inevitably, after seeing everything, the host will try and drum up more outside orders to raise her tally and get more stuff! But I always close within a week. More than that and it gets dicey.

I always give my hosts and the guests a close date, usually four days.

katie0128 said:
You sound like the testimonial that Julie read at the training! How long were you doing PC before you changed to this method? Do you hosts have more OO before the show than before? Has your show average increased?

That's funny! It's just something that when she said it, I thought, why not. Then after doing it, it is just amazing how much more free time I have with my family in the evenings. I was beginning to dread the phone b/c I was so tired of spending 20-30 minutes listening to the host wonder what to get--even when I would tell her when I wanted to close the show. Or keep hearing that so & so needed to get her the order, etc.

I've been doing PC since July '05 & started this in February. My hosts have considerably more outside orders before the show, many times in the hundreds, where before they might have one or two for $25 each. Very rarely would my hosts get more than one or two outside orders after the show & very rarely would it change the benefits. I honestly haven't noticed if my show average has increased, but it hasn't decreased b/c of it. I have noticed that it is much easier to get bookings. And my hosts & guests have been thrilled that they get their stuff so much faster.

To be honest, I don't have the energy to close the day/night of the show. If it is night show, I want to home ASAP to respect my host's and my time. I do close within 2-3 days. My shows are rarely open any longer than that.

missyciccolella said:
To be honest, I don't have the energy to close the day/night of the show. If it is night show, I want to home ASAP to respect my host's and my time. I do close within 2-3 days. My shows are rarely open any longer than that.

Personally, I am actually probably not at the host's home any more than maybe 15-30 minutes later than I would have been. I am usually there for 2 1/2-3 hours total, from walking in the door to getting in my car. I get there 30 minutes early, intros & demo is around 45 minutes, guests eat, chat & I take orders for another 30-45 minutes or so, then I take about 20-30 minutes to clean up & then take the host's order. But I can understand wanting to get home too! I love that WE get to choose how to run our business instead of a boss telling us when we have to close. For some of us, it works the night of, others within 2-3 days, others a week.

missyciccolella said:

I would think that it probably doesn't take that much longer since the host know's they need to have their order ready. It may even encourage them to order more with their discount if their FPV doesn't cover everything on their wishlist.

So who is Julie and how do I get more info on what she has to offer? I actually really like this idea and think I might try it for a few months also.

I just had two shows about two weeks ago both close at over $800. The first one was only at $300 something the night of, and the second one was $400 something the night of. No way will I require closing the night of, unless I'm trying to earn an incentive and the deadline is that night.

I was at the seminar on Thursday too. Julie was really good. I booked a show yesterday and told the host that I wanted to close the day of the show. I explained that she would have to get the outside orders ahead of time and she was very receptive. I figure it can't hurt to try it a couple of times and see how it works out.

JUST closed a show from this past Monday night - when I left her show, it was at $260 in sales - 2 guests left w/o placing an order....both later turned in orders - one for $185, and another for $90. One lady who was at the show (and booked for Dec.) took the catalog in to her boss, who also placed a $100 order. The host ended up, with outside orders gathered after the show, at $758 in guest sales, and was able to get everything she wanted on her wish list, except for the things she will be getting at her Nov. & Dec. bookings!:thumbup:

It may be a pain sometimes, but I will continue to let hosts keep their shows open after the show - almost always my hosts will gain at least one level and usually two with orders gathered after the show. I use the host tally sheet (different then the show tally) to show them where they are at the end of the show - and how much they need to get to the next 2 levels - it works every time!

If I do decide to close the night of the show, I WILL TELL THE HOST ON EACH HOST COACHING CALL!!! I hosted a party with another DS rep and there was minimal coaching. She didn't tell me we were closing the night of the show until after the show - she expected me to have outside orders from people who couldn't make it or those who said they would but didn't come (ummm...how am I supposed to do that?) before the show...and she didn't tell me! Ever since then I have had a bad taste in my mouth on closing the night of the show. I do coach my hosts to tell their guests we are closing 2 days after the show. We usually close within 4 days because there is ALWAYS someone who wants to order after the "closing" date!

ChefBeckyD said:
JUST closed a show from this past Monday night - when I left her show, it was at $260 in sales - 2 guests left w/o placing an order....both later turned in orders - one for $185, and another for $90. One lady who was at the show (and booked for Dec.) took the catalog in to her boss, who also placed a $100 order. The host ended up, with outside orders gathered after the show, at $758 in guest sales, and was able to get everything she wanted on her wish list, except for the things she will be getting at her Nov. & Dec. bookings!:thumbup:

It may be a pain sometimes, but I will continue to let hosts keep their shows open after the show - almost always my hosts will gain at least one level and usually two with orders gathered after the show. I use the host tally sheet (different then the show tally) to show them where they are at the end of the show - and how much they need to get to the next 2 levels - it works every time!
Great, Becky! Glad to hear your show turned out well. (Off the subject, but I just booked another November show. So excited.)

JAE said:
Great, Becky! Glad to hear your show turned out well. (Off the subject, but I just booked another November show. So excited.)
YEA JAE!!!!
Sellathon here we come!:thumbup:

pcmissyfee said:
I was at the seminar on Thursday too. Julie was really good. I booked a show yesterday and told the host that I wanted to close the day of the show. I explained that she would have to get the outside orders ahead of time and she was very receptive. I figure it can't hurt to try it a couple of times and see how it works out.

Cool! Wish we could have met... oh well, next training. Where are you in KY?

sfdavis918 said:
I would think that it probably doesn't take that much longer since the host know's they need to have their order ready. It may even encourage them to order more with their discount if their FPV doesn't cover everything on their wishlist.

So who is Julie and how do I get more info on what she has to offer? I actually really like this idea and think I might try it for a few months also.

Oooo... that's an easy one... Julie Weitz at Home.

<giggle> just noticed that her address is Walla Walla WA... sounds like the babbling my 18 mo old does! <giggle>

I usually close my shows after the "church night" that's closest to 3 days out. For example, if the show's on Tuesday, we'll close Sunday night. If it's on Saturday, we'll close Wednesday night. They always have non-attending friends from church they want to talk to again. My hosts usually climb one or two levels from what they were at the show.

Also, I'm anxious to get out and get home b/c I have to get up at 5:30 for my "day" job...

Related to Who Closes the Night of the Show?

1. Who closes the night of the show?

The host typically closes the night of the show, as it is their responsibility to collect and submit any additional orders from their guests.

2. What does it mean to close the night of the show?

Closing the night of the show refers to the process of finalizing and submitting any additional orders that were taken during the party. This is typically done by the host, with the help of the Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Is closing the night of the show a common practice in Pampered Chef?

Yes, closing the night of the show is a common practice in Pampered Chef. It is recommended by many consultants and is seen as an effective way to increase sales and make the ordering process easier for both the host and the consultant.

4. How does closing the night of the show benefit the host?

Closing the night of the show benefits the host by allowing them to collect any additional orders from their guests and submit them all at once. This can lead to higher sales and rewards for the host, as well as making the ordering process more convenient for them.

5. Have you personally tried closing the night of the show?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried closing the night of the show and have found it to be a successful practice. It has helped me increase my sales and make the ordering process smoother for both myself and the host. However, every consultant and host may have different experiences with this practice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies