• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did you get so many bookings by just doing catalog shows?

In summary, the conversation revolved around an update to a show where the host spent $800 and had martinis and a guest list of 48 people. The update revealed that there were about 30 people in total, but the host was upset that some RSVPed and didn't show up. The total sales were currently at $1100, with hopes of reaching $1500. The conversation also touched on the speaker's realization that this may be their last show, as they do not enjoy the other aspects of the business such as coaching and recruiting, and they do not want to actively search for more shows. They will slowly fall inactive but will still be a part of the community. The conversation ended with well wishes and comments on the
leftymac
Here is an update to my show where the host spent $800 and had martinis out the wazoo and a guest list of 48 people.

Hahaha y'all are so impatient...I posted the update to my show in a new thread b/c I'm turning it into a new topic...

Well, there were about 30 people in all. My host was mad that people RSVPed as "yes" and just didn't show. That would make me upset too. It's one of my pet peeves. Of those 30, most were couples. Right now, it's at $1100 and there should be more outside orders coming in, so we're hoping to have about $1500 total. But, it was fun, even if I didn't get snockered on martinis.

The thing is, and I've been realizing this for a while, but this show nailed it for me....I think that show is going to be my last show. Call me crazy, but I just don't like doing shows. I love using the products, and I have no regrets about doing this, but I just think I'm done, and this show was a good way of wrapping it up, I think.

What I do like about this business:
-the people I've met in my cluster, and beyond
-the products

What I don't like:
-coaching hosts who end up not doing anything and act like they don't really want to have a show
-hosts scheduling shows and then not returning phone calls and acting like a damn kid -- just be an adult and say you don't want the show; I'll survive
-hosts rescheduling over and over again, only to end up not having the show
-packing up all my crap and driving an hour for 4 people to show up
-trying to convince people that they should have a show; I feel either they want to or they don't - I just don't think I'm a salesman in that aspect.
-recruits who don't do anything (I spend all day motivating kids as a teacher and don't really want to have to try to motivate adults in their own business)

So, all in all, I just don't think it's for me, and I've stuck it out about 10 months. I'll still hang around here, though even that has been less and less for various reasons (political threads, things I don't agree with, etc -- but overall it's still a good experience). I think I'll just let myself slowly fall inactive. If a show falls in my lap, so be it. But, I've no desire to be a director (even with 4 recruits!), and I'm not the kind of guy who will go up to strangers in a grocery store or relentlessly mention PC to my coworkers to try and get them to have a show. I won't turn any shows down, but I'm not gonna go actively search any either.

It's been fun, but it's not fun anymore unfortunately. When I go inactive, I'll put together a list of supplies to sell, as I'm sure I've got tons. At least PC has given me quite the well-stocked kitchen. :)

OH MAN! That stinks!
I"m sorry you feel that way, but you know in your heart if it's for you or not...hope you don't leave our CS famiy, I know I've enjoyed alot of your posts...

That's still a good show Keith!haha, you should post on the other thread that you started a new one. I just checked the other one and everyone is like what are the totals? When are you going to tell us!? hahah!I agree with you quite a bit on the ups and downs of the biz. I'm still hanging in there but only doing about one show a month.
And you're right, whatever way you go from here, at least you have a bunch of great kitchen tools!

Well, I'm glad you went out with a bang!

I can totally see where you're coming from. I have fun doing the shows, but not so much the other stuff :D (Probably most of us feel like that!)

I think if you really want and need the business, it is so worth it to do, but otherwise maybe not!

I hope you do have the odd show fall into your lap though, you'd probably have fun with them ocassionally...

Do stay around though! Oh, and $1200 - $1500 is still pretty awesome! But I feel bad for the host though.

You can still manage to be a hobby consultant without doing all of that. I agree with a lot of the things you mentioned to. I've actually been direct and to the point to some of my hosts who keep acting like children. It does sometimes get through to them!

Good luck Keith, I am feeling the same way right now. Even with all my shows this month, some hosts just don't have any consideration and just can ruin the fun of our jobs.
You still had an awesome show and will earn some great spring products!!

Yes, that is definitely a WONDERFUL show!
Great job!

leftymac said:
What I don't like:
-coaching hosts who end up not doing anything and act like they don't really want to have a show
-hosts scheduling shows and then not returning phone calls and acting like a damn kid -- just be an adult and say you don't want the show; I'll survive
-hosts rescheduling over and over again, only to end up not having the show
-packing up all my crap and driving an hour for 4 people to show up
-trying to convince people that they should have a show; I feel either they want to or they don't - I just don't think I'm a salesman in that aspect.

Oh dear I hear you big time!!!!! That is the reason why I don't do shows and I am just a hobby consultant!

I glad to hear your show turned out for you:)

Keith,
What an awesome show!! That means you earned at least the basic level of spring products.

I'd do as someone before me suggested, so it more as hobbyist consultant and do 1 or 2 shows within 2 months and you'll maintain your status and still be able to get some rewards and get discount on products.

But again, that's a personal decision and you alone have to make that decision.

I agree with some of things you said, especially about packing your car and driving OVER AN HOUR for the hostess and her mom, UGH!!

No matter what you decide, I wish you all the best,

Lisa

I happy for the show total and I am sad for you but if you are at peace with your decision then I am happy for you!!!! Who knows you may come back sometime finding you missing all the things you hate about the biz and pick up again. Good luck!!!

Thanks...that's probably what I'll do, but if I go inactive, I won't be bothered by it. I'm very close to level 1, (about $1000) but I have no other shows on the books, so I'm ok if I don't get that, either.

Good Job least you can say you tryed your best and be at peace with your decision !!!!! Good luck and you know I will keep you in the loop of good things with PC !!!!!

rennea said:
Oh dear I hear you big time!!!!! That is the reason why I don't do shows and I am just a hobby consultant!

I glad to hear your show turned out for you:)

momentary hijack... you don't do any shows? How do you stay active? Just wondering

probably by doing catalog shows and personal orders?

Keith.....congrats on your successful swan song. I'm sorry (for me) that you're leaving and happy (for you) that you reached a decision that works for you. Enjoy all your new kitchen tools!!

you know, i've been swinging back and forth for the same reasons. i'm happy for you. you seem to be ok withyour choice, so i wish you well. me on the other hand before i can really make that choice and be at peace about it, i have to try to take it to the next level. been in since june and can't say i've been workin it as much as i should or could. enough about me. BEST OF LUCK!!!

What ever happens, I wish you the best of luck! If you are happy, then we are happy!

princessmeshelle said:
you know, i've been swinging back and forth for the same reasons. i'm happy for you. you seem to be ok withyour choice, so i wish you well. me on the other hand before i can really make that choice and be at peace about it, i have to try to take it to the next level. been in since june and can't say i've been workin it as much as i should or could. enough about me. BEST OF LUCK!!!

Thanks -- I've wavered for a while. I didn't want my director to be disappointed, etc. But then I realized that her life will go on and in the end it's my decision. Did I give it my all? I'm not sure. But, I've given it all that I've wanted to, so that's why I'm okay with it.

leftymac said:
Thanks -- I've wavered for a while. I didn't want my director to be disappointed, etc. But then I realized that her life will go on and in the end it's my decision. Did I give it my all? I'm not sure. But, I've given it all that I've wanted to, so that's why I'm okay with it.

you know, i started to have fun and get out. i'm a SAHM and need adult conversation! (just the kind not revolving around MaMa! and yook a ma cai) i have realized that i like having a job and "my own money". but in order to make more that pocket change i need to sell more and that right now means opening more show dates and trying to book more shows. i could go into detail on my obstacles, but i won't write a novel on the subject right now. i want the trip for 4. infact on NMD i was on the phone with a friend Premeeting talking about how i was on the fence yadya, i prayed on it. well, i love Disney, always have, always will. god has a way of smacking me over the head with a 2x4 to get the point across. when i went to the meeting i felt him knocking at noggin again. so, that is why i figure i need to TRY. i feels like the right thing to do for now. i hope that if the time ever comes to get out, i feel as good about the decision as you do!

Keith-- I wish you all the best with whatever you ultimately decide! Atleast you are leaving your options open to whatever comes your way with shows! Awesome show though, even if it wasn't what the host hoped for!!! I too have had one of those shows where the host says there are suppose to be lots of people there and it only ends of to be her and her mom!!! Just happened last weekend--I drove 1 1/2 hours!!! She was suppose to sign on as a consultant with her kit credit, but her show hasn't even qualified yet!!! Oh well!! Good Luck to you!!:)

leftymac said:

I think that is the beauty of this business though. Intense or casual....it is what YOU make of it. You put into it what you wanted and if nothing else, you stocked your kitchen with some great stuff! Be proud of your accomplishments and have no regrets. Hope you stay on here and comment once in a while. Good luck!

pampermejolene said:
momentary hijack... you don't do any shows? How do you stay active? Just wondering

I do maybe one show a year, maybe two. My best was last November it was just over $2000. So if I do one it better be good. LOL.

But as for your question I am the catty queen!!! I do at 2 a month, this month I have 5 on the go.

Sorry for the hijack :)

rennea said:
I do maybe one show a year, maybe two. My best was last November it was just over $2000. So if I do one it better be good. LOL.

But as for your question I am the catty queen!!! I do at 2 a month, this month I have 5 on the go.

Sorry for the hijack :)

Quick question on how you get so many bookings by just doing catalog shows.

wadesgirl said:

I'm wondering that too!!

Keith, let me first congratulate you on your great show. Good work on ending on a positive note! :)

Your post really hit home, though. I have been reassessing my biz and thinking a lot lately about whether I really want to keep going or not. Leave it to me to start doubting when my show schedule is finally where I (think) want it to be!! :rolleyes:

I have figured out though that I am putting too much pressure on myself. I have been taking the fun right out of the business! Like you, I'm not much for selling the "show" and the "business opportunity", so I will take what I get and not stress myself over filling my calendar. And, as far as Directorship goes, if I get to that point, I will make my decision then, but for now, I don't have an interest at all.

I do hope you stick around, as I enjoy your posts as well. And, good luck with whatever you decide to tackle next! :D

And, enjoy your kitchen full of great products! :)

wadesgirl said:

Get the word out, alot of people around here are really tired of "home parties" and just want to order the product. I let people know that they don't have to have a party to earn tons of free stuff. My family and friends have been really helpful. I also own another business in town and meet tons of people/customers. Usually in the Summer it is pretty slow, I will gather orders to turn in a catty show.

1. Can I host a "My Crazy-Good Show" party even if I don't have any experience with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, absolutely! Our "My Crazy-Good Show" parties are designed to be fun and interactive for everyone, regardless of their experience with our products. Our consultants will guide you through the process and help you make the most out of your party.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a "My Crazy-Good Show" party?

Hosting a "My Crazy-Good Show" party not only allows you to try out our amazing products and recipes, but it also gives you the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive hostess gifts. Plus, it's a great way to spend time with friends and family!

3. How many guests can I invite to my "My Crazy-Good Show" party?

You can invite as many guests as you'd like! Our consultants are equipped to handle groups of any size and will ensure that everyone has a great time at your party.

4. Can I customize the menu for my "My Crazy-Good Show" party?

Yes, you can! Our consultants will work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions. We want to make sure that you and your guests have a fantastic experience at your party.

5. How long does a "My Crazy-Good Show" party typically last?

Our parties usually last about 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the group and the menu. However, our consultants are flexible and can tailor the length of the party to fit your schedule and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • taraspampered