• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Handle Handing Out Catalogs?

I have never done that but it sounds like a good idea. I would also add that you should always give your name and number too so they have a way to contact you even if they don't want the catalog. I would also tell them that you schedule customer care calls on a certain day time and ask if they would like to be put on the list.
pckimboyers
I need some advice ladies-- I've been carrying my new tote w/ the clear pouch for catalogs for about a week now. In this week I've given 3 catalogs to people when they have asked, the problem is.... they have no problem taking my catalog, they just don't want to give me their name and number! I don't want to say well then no catalog for you and be the catalog cop or something...but I don't want to give away all these catalogs either! Just today a lady at the postoffice wanted a catalog and I said sure, would you mind if you gave me your name and number so I can follow up with you? She said weellll, I'll just call you. Of course I didnt want to snatch it back! How do you guys handle this?:confused:

I let them know that my information is on the back and they can contact me however they choose. I then say I schedule customer care calls - yes, I use that term with them...it makes them feel special - on a certain day/time. Could I call them then to see if they have any questions. If they say they want to call me, great! Could I get your email address to put you on my monthly emailing list which has specials not offered by the company.HTH

Great idea! I didn't even think about asking for e-mail. That would probably be a lot less intimidating for them. Thanks so much!

My Director said she carries raffle slips with her catalogs and tells them every person who takes a catty gets the chance to win a prize after 10 cattys passed out or slips collected. And they don't have a problem leaving their contact info!

I love the idea of the raffle slips. I have just asked for their information so I could inform them of upcoming specials but the raffle probably gets an even better response. You could probably just say you do one monthly because I wouldn't want to keep track of when the 10th catalog got passed out.

Michele

I do the thing with the e-mail, because way more people are going to give you their e-mail than phone # and address. I tell them that I need their e-mail address for my monthly newsletter that has recipes and specials. No one will ever turn down recipes, especially if they are already interested in PC stuff. Once again, my thanks go out to Joy who creates the wonderful Tasty Tidbits newsletters with the hand picked recipes! I am your unofficial cheerleader Joy!! I love the idea about the raffle! What do they win, a free cooking show???

Funny, at a fair last week, I easily had 40% of the people NOT want to give me their e-mail address but gave me their phone number. Around here, many people are very protective of e-mail.

I would much rather have nothing but their phone number because then you have to excuse to not call them!! You have a better chance of getting a booking out of monthly calls than from monthly e-mails I am sure!!

I'm finding out lately that some people will communicate by email than by phone. I had a possible host, that wouldn't answer the phone but when I emailed her she responded and we booked a show through email. I still have not been able to talk to her by phone but was very active through email. Isn't that funny. I guess she's very busy with kids and she does better through email because she can respond late at night. I also had another host that responds better to emails than the phone. She actually had a 500.00 show. So I would never count out emailing to people. I like to ask for both the phone # and email but either one is fine with me. I usually don't ask for address because most everything I do is by phone or email anyways.

I just had a host like that too. I don't know where she checks her e-mail (We don't have those fancy e-mail phones up here in the sticks) but she is almost always available by e-mail, but never home!!

i know my director carries old catties so when asked for one she'll get their contact info so she "can send a current one"to them

That is a good way to use the old catalogs up too!!

1. How do I know who to give catalogs to?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to identify your target audience. This can include friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and anyone else you think would be interested in our products. You can also reach out to potential customers through online platforms like social media or local events.

2. How many catalogs should I hand out at a time?

It is recommended to hand out 10-15 catalogs at a time. This allows for a manageable amount for you to follow up with and also gives the recipient a chance to look through the catalog at their own pace.

3. Do I need to collect any information when handing out catalogs?

Yes, it is important to collect contact information from potential customers when handing out catalogs. This will allow you to follow up with them and potentially turn them into a loyal customer. You can collect their name, phone number, and email address on a contact form or through a mobile app.

4. How often should I hand out catalogs?

It is recommended to hand out catalogs at least once a month to potential customers. This will keep your products fresh in their minds and give them a chance to browse new items. You can also hand out catalogs at special events or occasions throughout the year.

5. What should I include when handing out catalogs?

In addition to the catalog, it is important to include your contact information, a brief description of Pampered Chef, and any current promotions or specials. You can also include a personal note or business card to make a more personal connection with the recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • koima