• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can follow-up calls increase sales?

In summary, Eddie Bauer sends a catalog to a customer once a month, but the customer has not followed up with a phone call. The customer has been interrupted by the phone so many times that she has not been able to spend any money on the catalog. The customer has been tempted to spend $3.00 on the catalog, but has resisted. If the customer called the company, they would say that the cost of a catalog is $3.00 and the cost of mailing it is also $3.00.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Just got this email from my director - thought it was very good and wanted to pass it along!

This is worth reading and thinking about!!

SUBJECT: Can you just send me a catalog?

Eddie Bauer and I are very, very close. We must be. He sends me emails all the time and I get his catalog once a month. I probably order online from Eddie Bauer one time a year - right before my husband's birthday - so I guess I'm leading him on and he thinks that means we should have an affair. Why else would he stay in such close contact?

About a week ago his 50% off summer sale catalog arrived. As the first day of summer has just past, I figure, there's still plenty of time to catalog/online shop and get some darling new summer duds. Yesterday I went online, actually found a couple of things for myself and began an order but got interrupted by the phone so many times that I ultimately closed the website. For the past 3 mornings, the open catalog has been sitting right here next to my keyboard. I've talked myself in and out of several items and still have yet to spend one thin dime. EDDIE - why don't you ever call? You are making me feel like “the other woman”!

“Can you just mail me a catalog?” How many times have you graciously done this for a customer and have not followed up with a phone call? (I'm not going to lie, if Eddie Bauer called me right this very moment, my wallet would be about $100 lighter and in about 3-5 days I'd be100% cuter.)

Just a thought - if a customer called you up and said, would you please give me $3.00 (for no particular reason or cause - just give me $3.00)…what would you say? Because when you think about the cost of a catalog, an envelope, and postage isn't that a fair cost for an average catalog to be mailed? Figure out YOUR cost to mail a catalog, post it near your phone and perhaps this will give you the motivation you need to pick up the phone and FOLLOW UP! And don't hang up without adding… “before I let you go, what would you think about penciling a time between now and the end of the summer for a fun get together with some of your friends? I have the dates available the last week of July or the first week in August - which of those might work for you”

EDDIE BAUER you tease, why do you insist on breaking my heart?

sent from Linda Bowles, Sales Mgr at The Pampered Chef

Wow! Great food for thought!

very true!!

I love that!
I think I'm going to have to get calling all those catalogs!

I like this and very much agree with it. I had someone ask me to send her a catalog. I sent the catalog and called her about a week later to ask her if she received it. She placed over a $200 order! Remember the phone is our friend! :chef:

This came via The Success Factory. It's always good to reread!

1. Can I request a physical copy of the catalog?

Yes, you can request a physical copy of the catalog by filling out our online form or by contacting our customer service team.

2. Is the catalog available online?

Yes, our catalog is available to view and download on our website. You can also request a digital version to be sent to your email.

3. How often is the catalog updated?

Our catalog is updated twice a year, in the spring and fall, to showcase our newest and most popular products.

4. Can I request multiple catalogs to be sent to different addresses?

Yes, you can request multiple catalogs to be sent to different addresses by filling out our online form or by contacting our customer service team.

5. Are there any additional fees for requesting a catalog?

No, there are no additional fees for requesting a catalog. It is completely free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Deb Bixler