• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Orders: How to Handle Overpayments and Host Rewards

I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not a huge fan of this because it seems like a lot of extra work for the host. Normally, I would just send a refund check that includes the sale price of the item. But if you want to go ahead and put it in the 'Round Up from the Heart' category, that would be perfect.
tinat51796
Ok, so I finally got the orders from a woman who had a catalog show. She actually had taken the catalogs to work for a friend of mine who had a catalog show....nobody wanted to order anything, until the first catalog show was submitted. So this lady, very nicely agreed to host a catalog show. She ended up with three orders, totalling $217.25 in commissionable sales. The problem that I have is that two of the orders paid by check...both women ordered pantry items and included those items when figuring tax. One woman overpaid by $3.14 and the other overpaid by 97 cents. The lady that overpaid by $3.14 ordered the cranberry petite plates so I was going to give her the sale price (even though she didn't know they are on sale). So would you call these women and have them write new checks? I don't know if that's more of a pain (to them) than it's worth. Please help!

Also, I thought the host earned $10 in free product once she hit $200 in sales but P3 isn't showing that. Am I wrong? Thanks for any help!

You could call and offer to refund or you could put it under the Round Up from the Heart. I always have the problem because guests will calculate tax on S&H (which in my state you don't). I talk to the hosts telling them I am putting the difference in the Round Up and everyone is always ok with that.

tinat51796 said:
Ok, so I finally got the orders from a woman who had a catalog show. She actually had taken the catalogs to work for a friend of mine who had a catalog show....nobody wanted to order anything, until the first catalog show was submitted. So this lady, very nicely agreed to host a catalog show. She ended up with three orders, totalling $217.25 in commissionable sales. The problem that I have is that two of the orders paid by check...both women ordered pantry items and included those items when figuring tax. One woman overpaid by $3.14 and the other overpaid by 97 cents. The lady that overpaid by $3.14 ordered the cranberry petite plates so I was going to give her the sale price (even though she didn't know they are on sale). So would you call these women and have them write new checks? I don't know if that's more of a pain (to them) than it's worth. Please help!

Also, I thought the host earned $10 in free product once she hit $200 in sales but P3 isn't showing that. Am I wrong? Thanks for any help!

What I would do ( and have done it in the past) is just write them a refund check for the difference. It saves them a check and they're usually pretty surprised that you would have caught the mistake they made -- and that you were honest about it. I would give the lady the sale price on the cranberry plates an just include that in your refund check. You may get a new client for life from it.

Yes, they do get $10 in free stuff if its a catalog show.

Hope I've helped.

squirrelzan said:
You could call and offer to refund or you could put it under the Round Up from the Heart. I always have the problem because guests will calculate tax on S&H (which in my state you don't). I talk to the hosts telling them I am putting the difference in the Round Up and everyone is always ok with that.

I like her idea better. Can I go with that one? :eek: I think I'll start implementing this immediately!

Thanks! I was thinking about just sending the refund. I can actually send it through bill pay at my bank and it doesn't cost me for the check either.

Squirrelzan, I see that you're from Roy. I used to live in Ogden!

thanks for the help!

So if I put it toward Round up from the heart...if i put in the total amount on the check is that what PC will deduct from my account? I just want to make sure I do it right.

tinat51796 said:
So if I put it toward Round up from the heart...if i put in the total amount on the check is that what PC will deduct from my account? I just want to make sure I do it right.

Yes, but you have to be sure to indicate that the extra change is going to RUFTH.

Just by clicking on the box on the "items" part?

Why don't you call them and see if they would like to add to their order? Otherwise, send the refund check.

tinat51796 said:
Just by clicking on the box on the "items" part?
You'll have to enter the amount in the box. If you just click on the checkbox, it will only round-up to the next nearest $.

1. What should I do if a customer overpays for their catalog order?

If a customer overpays for their catalog order, the excess amount will be credited to their account and can be used towards future purchases. You can also issue a refund to the customer if they prefer.

2. How can I handle a situation where a customer's host rewards exceed the amount of their order?

If a customer's host rewards exceed the amount of their order, the excess rewards will be credited to their account and can be used towards future purchases. You can also offer them the option to use the excess rewards towards additional products or to issue a refund.

3. Can I use a customer's overpayment or excess host rewards towards shipping or tax charges?

No, overpayments and excess host rewards can only be applied towards the cost of products. They cannot be used towards shipping or tax charges.

4. How long will it take for a customer to receive their refund for an overpayment or excess host rewards?

Refunds for overpayments and excess host rewards will be processed within 7-10 business days and will be credited back to the original form of payment.

5. Can I manually adjust the amount of host rewards a customer receives for a catalog show order?

Yes, you can manually adjust the amount of host rewards a customer receives for a catalog show order. This can be done by contacting our customer service team and providing the necessary details for the adjustment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila