• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial!

In summary, Brenda was driving to the bank yesterday when she had a lady pull up next to her and flag her down to wait for her to get parked and out of her car. The lady asked for a catalog and chatted a moment before her husband just retired and they were moving to Mexico, so she wasn't interested in hosting or being on Brenda's newsletter, she just wanted a new food chopper. Brenda turned her into a catalog show and the lady ended up spending an extra $3.61, but she also got 2 leakproof container freebies and the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set. Brenda is ecstatic and is now marketing an online show to see if she could get more sales and more of a discount on her items.
Sheila
Gold Member
As I was getting into my vehicle at the bank yesterday, I had someone pulling up in the space next to me & flagging me down to wait for her to get parked & out of her car. She asked for a catalog & chatted a moment. Her husband just retired and they are moving to Mexico, so she wasn't interested in hosting or being on my newsletter ... she just wants a new food chopper. I thought she was going to order online, but thank goodness she called me. Her order was for $221.25. Since she'll have a Mexico mailing address soon, she decided to go ahead & get some things that she won't be able to order later. I turned her into a catalog show. She's now spending an extra $3.61, but she ended up with 2 leakproof container freebies & the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set. She's ecstatic! She told me not to close out her show just yet, she's calling a friend to see if she wants in on the $60 or more offer. LOL

I offered to give her a couple of days & let her market an online show to see if she could get more sales and more of a discount on her items, but she's in a rush to get her items before the movers come. Right now, I'm looking at Commissionable Sales of $210.56 just because she saw the advertising on my car & asked for a catalog. WooHoo! :D

Oh, and her food chopper? It's still good. She's not even buying one. We are ordering a new collar for the old one! LOL

Woo Hoo, way to go Sheila!

OK... I need to dig mine out! I ordered mine at NC and just never put them on.....Is there an emoticon that indicates someone getting kicked in the rearend?Congratulations!

Oops, I forgot to add in the cost of the food chopper into the original amount that she wanted. I offered just the collar & she agreed, that's all she needs ... the rest of the chopper is still great. I'd already given her the total due with the collar, but forgot to add the full priced item to the "what she would have ordered online" total. So she's actually saving $18.56, not paying $3.61 more like I originally posted. She'll be super happy when I e-mail her the final breakdown on what she saved! :D

Thanks Sherry Lynn! And thank you for the recruit referral too! I was NOT expecting that. I thought we were talking about her signing with you or with your upline. Never in a million years was expecting you to send her to me! Not complaining, of course!!! ;)Brenda, that's funny! Here you go ... the closest I can find:
eusa_doh.gif

woooooo hoooooo!!!!! way to go sheila!!

i LOVE mine too! i have had people follow me until i stop somewhere and book a show or ask for a catalog.....wait until i come out of a store.....or flag me down.....they have more than paid for themselves!!!

I'd better clean my car out first! The weather is really nice and tomorrow is trash day. Looks like I'll be a mobile advertisement before the end of the week!

I'm still trying to convince DH that I need these! But he drives the car too so he's afraid of someone flagging him down. He's not a people person!

i have coached my DH to know what to do if this happens...lol....he doesn't drive the car often but does drive it....i always keep catalogs and recipe cards in a zipper bag.....he is to give them one of each and take their name and number and say that I will call them when he gets home :)
he's not a people person either....fortunately it's only happened once...lol

carlajanes said:
i have coached my DH to know what to do if this happens...lol....he doesn't drive the car often but does drive it....i always keep catalogs and recipe cards in a zipper bag.....he is to give them one of each and take their name and number and say that I will call them when he gets home :)
he's not a people person either....fortunately it's only happened once...lol

Now that I'm unemployed DH drives our "good" car all the time - there is no way that he would step out of his comfort zone to do that for me. He hates going to the grocery store with me in fear that he'll run into someone he knows!

I'm lucky in the fact that my hubby is super nice & personable to strangers. I have someone who saw the van in front of our military housing (5 townhomes), then saw the PC door mat & knocked on the door. I was here in TX, but he at least gave her an old catalog (didn't have the current one) and told her I was in TX. She e-mailed me & then ordered online. I was dropping off goods for a bake sale one day on base & an active duty girl approached me wanting a catalog. She's full time military & trying to finish her master's degree while being a single parent overseas. She said when she finished her degree & moved back stateside, she wants to join my team. We'll see! :DNow that I'm really thinking about it ... I've had quite a few hits off my car logo!

wadesgirl said:
Now that I'm unemployed DH drives our "good" car all the time - there is no way that he would step out of his comfort zone to do that for me. He hates going to the grocery store with me in fear that he'll run into someone he knows!

Awe, he really doesn't like to talk to other people, huh? :(

I'm the other end of the spectrum. Life is one big social event for me. Heck, I could do it, but paid others to do my homework in High School because it interfered with my ability to socialize. LOL

OK... so let me ask. I drive a KIA Rio, would you put these decals on both back windows and threaten the lives of anyone that tries to roll them down?

That's awesome Sheila!! Looking like a great month! Wahoooooooo!!

Brenda.the.chef said:
OK... so let me ask. I drive a KIA Rio, would you put these decals on both back windows and threaten the lives of anyone that tries to roll them down?

Brenda, you can get the one that goes on the very back window. However, I personally would threaten the life of anyone who tried to mess with my window decals. I'dtell them, "That decal pays to cart your ass around so sit down, shut up, and don't touch that window!" But that's just me;)

Brenda, I have mine on the back of my Kia Sedona (even with the wiper). Then I have a smaller one (logo only, no additional info) at the very top of the front window in front of the passenger's seat so that people can see from both front & back that I'm Pampered Chef.

pchockeymom said:
Brenda, you can get the one that goes on the very back window. However, I personally would threaten the life of anyone who tried to mess with my window decals. I'dtell them, "That decal pays to cart your ass around so sit down, shut up, and don't touch that window!" But that's just me;)

I already purchased the decals when I was at NC in July. I've had them in my office for quite a while trying to figure out what to do with them! Holding off with excuses, such as....

• Where do I put them? (since they would potentially be put on windows that roll down)
  • Gosh! what do I do if someone actually stops me because of them and asks for a catalog? (um...how about having some catalogs in your car, genius?)
  • My car looks like a fast food restaurant trash can threw up in the back seat (thanks to my children...YES my children!)

So, yes, I'm the encyclopedia of excuses of why I haven't done this yet. I continue to need the proverbial kick in the butt to be proactive. This is such an annoying trait of mine. :yuck:

Having here in writing is my accountability.... so before the end of this weekend I shall:
  • PUT THE DECALS ON MY CAR WINDOWS (and threaten anyone that tries to roll the windows down)
  • Put together packets specifically for my car and have them there at all times
  • (Do you give the big catalog? or minis? What do ya'll carry with your vehicle at all times?)
  • CLEAN OUT MY CAR!

Feel free to ask me on Monday if I have complied with my online confession!:cool:

Sheila said:
As I was getting into my vehicle at the bank yesterday, I had someone pulling up in the space next to me & flagging me down to wait for her to get parked & out of her car. She asked for a catalog & chatted a moment. Her husband just retired and they are moving to Mexico, so she wasn't interested in hosting or being on my newsletter ... she just wants a new food chopper. I thought she was going to order online, but thank goodness she called me. Her order was for $221.25. Since she'll have a Mexico mailing address soon, she decided to go ahead & get some things that she won't be able to order later. I turned her into a catalog show. She's now spending an extra $3.61, but she ended up with 2 leakproof container freebies & the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set. She's ecstatic! She told me not to close out her show just yet, she's calling a friend to see if she wants in on the $60 or more offer. LOL

I offered to give her a couple of days & let her market an online show to see if she could get more sales and more of a discount on her items, but she's in a rush to get her items before the movers come. Right now, I'm looking at Commissionable Sales of $210.56 just because she saw the advertising on my car & asked for a catalog. WooHoo! :D

Sheila, I think you should offer her the business. I know we don't get credit for this, since she will be in Mexico, but it will be a good way for her to get more products. On Monday I received an office lead. It was a lady that heard about PC through her sister that lives in Mexico. I don't qualify for leads, but because I'm the only consultant in the area that speaks spanish she was assign to me:cool:

By the way...I purchased my car decals from Merrill last year and I haven't put them on :(

That is awesome. I have gotten a few leads from mine but not a ton, but I love it. I actually need to get a new one as mine is wearing off again.

We have a Mexico branch of PC? I had no idea!She's purchasing a stateside address where UPS can deliver & hold her boxes until she comes to the states to visit. She said she wants to host an online show in a few months after she gets settled in Mexico with all her stateside friends & Mexico friends who have similar stateside arrangements in the states. She knows they will have to pay taxes when they take the items back across the border, but if PC has a Mexico company, that would definitely be a better bet for her.Brenda, I used to be horrible about leaving stuff in my car. When kids came along it got worse with toys strewn through the car. We bought a new van at the end-of-the-year sales & I made a resolution to keep it looking new. Every time we get out of the van, we pick up everything that we put in it that trip. So things like the sun visor and a box of baby wipes stay in the floor between the front two seats, but everything in the way of Diet Coke cans, toys, trash, etc gets removed when we exit the van. It's much easier to do it a little at a time. :D

I just submitted her show with Commissionable Sales of $210.56 and sent her this e-mail (we had already talked about the total due on the phone):
Amy,

I submitted both orders. The Clear Collar for the Food Chopper couldn't go on the "show", I had to do a separate "replacement part" order for that one ~ with shipping/tax, it was $14.88. The show order was $269.66. So you'll see 2 charges.

Here's the fun part ... if you had ordered just what was on your list through my web page without talking to me, you'd have paid $303.10 ~ you got 3 extra items & still came out $18.56 cheaper than what PC would have charged you for the online order!!! If you had ordered the 2 Leakproof containers & the Stainless Mixing Bowl set with your online order without my assistance, you'd have paid $438.27 after tax & shipping. So everything that you are ending up with is $153.73 cheaper by letting me enter it as a show rather than doing it online without my help. I'm so glad you called so that I could help you! I bet you are thrilled too. ;)

We submitted at a normal time (not the last day of a Consultant incentive) so I don't anticipate a delay in processing. My guess is you'll see it at your door in about 5-7 days. Please let me know if anything arrives broken/damaged so that I can process an adjustment ASAP and hopefully get it back to you before your move date.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. ;)

Her response:
Thank you very much. I am so excited for my stuff!!

Everyone should have a sticker on their car! Mine has paid for itself time & again. I am signing someone Friday who saw my sticker & asked for a catalog & have another consultant on my team who I met from the sticker as well. My husband doesn't drive my car very often, but I did once get a call from someone who said they saw me driving. Since it's my cell # on the sticker my husband didn't even have to deal with them.As far as trash goes, I have a 2, 4 & 6 year old and darkly tinted windows! LOL.I have the sticker on the very back of my car because I like that people can see it when I'm parked at the grocery store. I also have one of those sticky boxes with biz cards in them. It's sometimes more convenient for people to just grab a card instead of writing down my info.

ilovpc said:
Sheila, I think you should offer her the business. I know we don't get credit for this, since she will be in Mexico, but it will be a good way for her to get more products. On Monday I received an office lead. It was a lady that heard about PC through her sister that lives in Mexico. I don't qualify for leads, but because I'm the only consultant in the area that speaks spanish she was assign to me:cool:

By the way...I purchased my car decals from Merrill last year and I haven't put them on :(
I know we get some kind of "referral" bonus when they qualify if they are in a different country. I don't remember the exact facts but it should be in the policy guide.

Yes. I think it's $100. I just didn't know there was a Mexico company. I knew about Canada and England ... LOL

Sheila said:
Yes. I think it's $100. I just didn't know there was a Mexico company. I knew about Canada and England ... LOL

I didn't realize it either. I just went to the Pamperedchef.com site, and on the same line where we sign into CC, there is a "worldwide" link. Not only is Pampered Chef in Mexico, Canada, and England, but they are also in Germany! WOW!

Yes, there's PC in Mexico, but my understanding is that we don't get any credit for refferrals. Unless this has changed in the last year.

Fanny, they do pay a referral fee now! :D

Consultant Policy Guide said:
INTERNATIONAL REFERRAL PROGRAM

The International Referral Program is a program which awards Pampered Chef® dollars to Consultants who refer a new recruit outside of their own country, in the U.S., Canada, UK, Germany and Mexico. When the referred Consultant submits their agreement, the referring Consultant must include their name and Consultant number on the agreement. The referring Consultant will receive:
  • $25 Pampered Chef® dollars when the new Consultant signs and enters their agreement
  • $100 Pampered Chef® dollars when new Consultant first reaches $1,250 in career sales (or country equivalent)
  • The referring Consultant must be active at the time of the achievement
  • During the initial three month launch of a country, the $100 award will be doubled when the new Consultant first reaches their $1,250 career sales milestone (or country equivalent)
  • Maximum benefit of $125 Pampered Chef® dollars or $225 (during initial three month launch)
All awards are considered taxable income and will be reflected on 1099 statements.

I knew the referral program was there ... just didn't realize that Mexico was one of the countries covered. I'll have to at least suggest the business opportunity to her. ;)

This is great to know! Thank you Sheila!

So I really want window decals but in looking at them on line, I'm really afraid I'd mess them up when trying to put them on the car.

On a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being easy and 5 being difficult, how would you decal people rate the ease of putting them on the car?

katem51 said:
So I really want window decals but in looking at them on line, I'm really afraid I'd mess them up when trying to put them on the car.

On a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being easy and 5 being difficult, how would you decal people rate the ease of putting them on the car?

2.... Hardest part to me was just making sure I didnt get a bubble/wrinkle.

My challenge was getting it straight. I pulled the paper really slow and scraped it as I went to make sure it stuck to the window good without bubbles. The thought of it was more scary than the actual task. It was pretty easy! I've done 5 of them (5 different cars) now! LOLThat's pretty sad ... between hubby & I, we've had 5 cars in the 4 years that I've been doing PC. Hadn't really thought about it until I just typed it! ;)

Oh man, now I need to order some car stickers too! I have spent way too much money with Merrill this year! ;)
Does anyone know if there is a current promo code for free shipping?
Thanks,
Sarah

sarahsworld2000 said:
Oh man, now I need to order some car stickers too! I have spent way too much money with Merrill this year! ;)
Does anyone know if there is a current promo code for free shipping?
Thanks,
Sarah

If there is, they usually post it on the home page when you log in.

yes, start in one corner going very slow & use a pc pan scraper to make sure you don't get any bubbles! ;)

Ok, Today is the Day! I just pulled out my decal from....Town and Country which I purchased in 2005! :eek:It is still good! I WILL put it on my car. I have had it and kept putting it off as I knew I would be getting a different car down the rode, 7 years later.... I am ready. Thanks for all the post to refresh my memory!

Way to go Darcy! :D

Just got this FB PM from my hubby in Japan:
I need some new catalogs out here. I've had two people ask me for them in the past two days. And the inquiries came from the sticker on the van.
Supply order on it's way! Luckily, he's tech savvy enough to print the contact stickers & put them on the catalog for me! :D

Sheila, do you have the ones with your contact info? DH is afraid about putting all that info on them. I have had the ones without on both back windows of my Saturn Astra for about 2 years and only 1 person stopped me in the Kennel parking lot to say her food chopper was broken and never heard from her again.

chefloretta said:
Sheila, do you have the ones with your contact info? DH is afraid about putting all that info on them. I have had the ones without on both back windows of my Saturn Astra for about 2 years and only 1 person stopped me in the Kennel parking lot to say her food chopper was broken and never heard from her again.

Did you get her contact information and followup on her broken chopper or did you just give her your information?

I have to assume that you gave her your contact information which leads me to a simple question:

If you handed a complete stranger your phone/email/website information what is the difference if she got it off your car or you giving it to her?

I don't have car stickers yet but pesonally I don't see the value of them if they don't provide some means of contacting me. I would NEVER advertise my home address but phone/email/website are the supporting beams of my business structure.

When you're ordering the decal that goes on the back window with your information on it, does it come as a set or just one?

This thread reminds me I need to find the one I ordered from Merrill, but (thankfully) never put on the car I sold last weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's mine on one of the 2 vehicles here in TX. Both of the vans in Japan have the same one (hubby just sold one van in Japan a couple of months ago, but says the guy hasn't removed the sticker yet! FREE advertising! LOL)https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534409_3569487361056_1389121744_4203563_1559116655_n.jpg

Found photos of the Japan vans (photos from Sept 2010):My van (that hubby's driving now):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/62810_1602626470763_1389121744_2464358_109014_n.jpgHubby's van (this is the one he sold a couple of months ago, but the guy still hasn't scraped off the logo):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/60323_1602626030752_1389121744_2464357_465842_n.jpg

I also have one on the 10 year old car that I bought when we moved to TX. I thought it was going to be a temporary 4-6 month car until we went back to Japan, but it's still in my driveway. Hubby wanted to keep it so he has a car to drive when he visits.

I did dig mine out last week. I ordered the set of 2 from Merrill last July. I didn't put any on my car because I promptly came down with bronchitis and have been sick for the last 4 days. I'm thinking I will just put one of the two on my back window now that I see that the defroster thingamabobbers don't harm it (Thanks, Sheila for the photos!) I know it's spring, but what about in the winter with scraping ice and snow off the window? Any words of advice there?

Garage? LOLWe didn't have to worry about snow in Okinawa. In Tokyo, we only had a couple of snows, but it didn't stick long enough to be a big issue. We haven't had snow in TX since I returned a year ago. I know my upline had info on her back window up in Misawa, Japan, where there's lots & LOTS of snow on the ground for several months consecutively. Her's still looked good when I was there in the snow Jan 2011.I'd just say be gentle with a scraper. If you can brush off snow with your gloved hand, that would probably be better in the long run. Not sure about having to scrape ice though. Haven't been there yet.

DO NOT SCRAPE over your stickers, they will come off!! I just use the brush to brush off the window, that's OK.

Sheila,Do you use the rear window defogger on your van? Or wiper blade? I'm a fraidy cat when it comes to putting the stickers on.

I cleaned the junk out of my car yesterday. This weekend I will clean the windows and stock my car with supplies. I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to pay off!

<h2>1. "What is the average order amount for customers who see the car window logo and request a catalog?"</h2><p>The average order amount for customers who see the car window logo and request a catalog is $221.25. This amount can vary depending on the specific products the customer is interested in purchasing.</p><h2>2. "How often do customers turn into catalog shows after seeing the car window logo?"</h2><p>This varies, but in this particular case, the customer turned into a catalog show after seeing the car window logo. It ultimately depends on the customer's individual interest and needs.</p><h2>3. "What incentives or freebies are offered to customers who request a catalog after seeing the car window logo?"</h2><p>In this case, the customer received two leakproof containers and the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set as freebies for placing an order of $221.25. The specific incentives and freebies may vary depending on the company and current promotions.</p><h2>4. "Is there an option for customers to host an online show after seeing the car window logo?"</h2><p>Yes, there is an option for customers to host an online show after seeing the car window logo. This allows them to potentially get more sales and discounts on their items. However, in this particular case, the customer was in a rush to receive her items before moving to Mexico.</p><h2>5. "How much commissionable sales were generated from this customer who saw the car window logo?"</h2><p>The commissionable sales generated from this customer who saw the car window logo totaled $210.56. This amount may vary depending on the specific products and their commission rates.</p>

1. "What is the average order amount for customers who see the car window logo and request a catalog?"

The average order amount for customers who see the car window logo and request a catalog is $221.25. This amount can vary depending on the specific products the customer is interested in purchasing.

2. "How often do customers turn into catalog shows after seeing the car window logo?"

This varies, but in this particular case, the customer turned into a catalog show after seeing the car window logo. It ultimately depends on the customer's individual interest and needs.

3. "What incentives or freebies are offered to customers who request a catalog after seeing the car window logo?"

In this case, the customer received two leakproof containers and the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set as freebies for placing an order of $221.25. The specific incentives and freebies may vary depending on the company and current promotions.

4. "Is there an option for customers to host an online show after seeing the car window logo?"

Yes, there is an option for customers to host an online show after seeing the car window logo. This allows them to potentially get more sales and discounts on their items. However, in this particular case, the customer was in a rush to receive her items before moving to Mexico.

5. "How much commissionable sales were generated from this customer who saw the car window logo?"

The commissionable sales generated from this customer who saw the car window logo totaled $210.56. This amount may vary depending on the specific products and their commission rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies