• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial!

In summary, a lucky day for the author resulted in an order for $221.25, which the author turned into a catalog show.
Sheila
Gold Member
Today has been a lucky day for me!

As I was getting into my vehicle at the bank yesterday, I had someone pulling up in the space next to me & flagging me down to wait for her to get parked & out of her car. She asked for a catalog & chatted a moment. Her husband just retired and they are moving to Mexico, so she wasn't interested in hosting or being on my newsletter ... she just wants a new food chopper. I thought she was going to order online, but thank goodness she called me today instead of just doing her order online! Her order was for $221.25 (before tax/shipping). Since she'll have a Mexico mailing address soon, she decided to go ahead & get some things that she won't be able to order later. I turned her into a catalog show. She's now spending an extra $3.61, but she ended up with 2 leakproof container freebies & the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set. She's ecstatic! She told me not to close out her show just yet, she's calling a friend to see if she wants in on the $60 or more offer. LOL

I offered to give her a couple of days & let her market an online show to see if she could get more sales and more of a discount on her items, but she's in a rush to get her items before the movers come. Right now, I'm looking at Commissionable Sales of $210.56 just because she saw the advertising on my car & asked for a catalog. :woohoo:

Oh, and her food chopper ... the item that started this whole shopping spree ... it's still good. She's not even buying one. We are ordering a new collar for the old one! LOL

That's great for you! I got a recruit from my car decal. She qualified then moved to a base in Germany within 3 months of joining and has fallen off the map. The last person to say anything about the decal was in a supermarket parking lot. I think she was waiting for me to come back to my car. She was another consultant and was hoping I could hook her up with hospitality closer to her house. She was only driving 15 min. for hospitality but wanted something closer. Geez! I'm waiting for one more contact to come out of the decals and then I think I'm taking them off.

Oops, I added wrong. I gave the customer the right "amount due" but forgot to add the full food chopper into the "what she would have ordered online" amount. So she's actually saving $18.56, not paying $3.61 more like I originally posted. She'll be super happy when I e-mail her the final breakdown on what she saved!Leave them on Becca! I had another one in Okinawa want a catalog, stand there & sign up for my newsletter then decide she wanted to host a catalog show. When closing the catalog show, she said her friends were mad that she didn't do a Cooking Show. We followed up a couple of months later with a Cooking Show. At one of the bookings off that show, I got a recruit who's still on the team. I've had one following my hubby call to say seeing my logo reminded her that she wanted something. I had another one at a show ask if my hubby drove a blue van with a PC logo on the back. I was nervous (because he's sometimes aggressive behind the wheel) and said yes. She said she pulled up to a red light & he was ahead of her. He was waiting to go straight, but pulled up & over enough that she could make a turn on red. She was so impressed that he was thoughtful enough to do that. She remembered reading my name on the back of the van & was happy when she came to a show & it was me doing the show. She had been hoping to see him somewhere so she could thank him, and was happy that she could finally say thank you to him, even if she had to use me & not be able to do it herself. Of course I'm sure having a stranger brag about how nice my hubby is didn't HURT sales at the show. LOLI like having my car advertise for me. It does help pick up new customers & new contacts where I wouldn't have gotten them otherwise. I was getting IN the car & closing the door when this one came up. I switched from my sling bag to a regular purse for a funeral this weekend & hadn't switched back yet & for once I wasn't wearing logowear. So if it hadn't have been for the car decal, she'd have never known I was a consultant, as there was no reason for us to chat otherwise. We'd have missed a conversation opportunity.

Oh, and we've been having issues with the Germany bases giving consultants a hard time. I'm trying to advocate for some other Germany consultants to get the military to understand the rule (vs the "somebody told somebody, who told somebody, who told me" crap). Someone, somewhere has misread the policy and all the bases in Germany are telling consultants that they can't drive their personal vehicle to do Home Based Business tasks. Meaning they can't drive their car to go do a show. TOTALLY NOT what the policy says! It says you can't use a government plated vehicle (meaning a vehicle owned by one of the commands on the base) for private business purposes. So a cop can't take a squad car to go do a show, but if (s)he goes home & gets their personal vehicle they are supposed to be okay under the written rule. Now it's just a matter of convincing the right officials over there of that. I've had luck with the legal office on Hoeschele ~ they got my point & now agree. But that's the only legal office that I've spoken directly too ... so the other bases are still having issues.MAYBE, just MAYBE ... she'll be able to work her business there soon. ;)

I know you've been working with the German bases and appreciate that. She wasn't even in touch before she left for Germany so I have no idea if she even wants to work her biz. By now her 6 months are over. I'll keep the decals on for a bit more. I took off my name and phone #. No one ever called the #. I keep hearing these stories of people being approached because of their decals, but it doesn't happen to me. The recruit only happened because she worked at the vet's and saw it on the car when I happened to be the one picking up the dog instead of DH. I don't think even with the overrides from the recruit that the decals have paid for themselves yet, 1.5 years later.

I bought a set, then DH drove one of our cars into the ground & I bought a 2nd set to put one on his replacement vehicle. When I moved to TX, I bought another set for my car here in TX. In Dec, we bought a brand new van at the end of the year sales & I logo'd that sucker that same night. Hubby was here visiting & outside rolling his eyes that I had to get that done before dark/dinner. LOL
Did I say that I
txtloves.gif
my logo?
pickle.gif
banana.gif
:woohoo:
pickle.gif
banana.gif
I don't have a number on mine, just e-mail & web page. We were not allowed to answer the cells while driving in Japan, so I didn't want or need anyone calling that number while I was driving down the road. I just prefer to NOT have that many strangers able to call my cell here in TX. So I didn't put it on the car here either.

Becca_in_MD said:
I'll keep the decals on for a bit more. I took off my name and phone #. No one ever called the #. I keep hearing these stories of people being approached because of their decals, but it doesn't happen to me. The recruit only happened because she worked at the vet's and saw it on the car when I happened to be the one picking up the dog instead of DH. I don't think even with the overrides from the recruit that the decals have paid for themselves yet, 1.5 years later.

DITTO! I keep hearing all these 'stories of success' and every day I walk out and look at mine as I get in the car and think, "Seriously? I think they need to go." The only 'business' they have given me are friends tracking me down in town saying, "Oh I saw your car..." I think they give me more of a complex than the good but now I'm el-cheapo and they cost a good amount of money so I'm hesitant to take the razor blade to them.

Perhaps its my karma or "the secret" (laws of attraction so I'm pushing ppl away) b/c I literally feel like the stereotypical "Mary Kay Lady" with them on there. I don't mind anything else with logos but the car thing really hasn't done anything for me (other than my complex). :) Maybe if i take my info off that will make me feel better...

LOVE "The Secret" principals. I have a $1 hanging on the ceiling above my bed with $100,000 written over it with a black sharpie! LOLI do believe attitude has a lot to do with it. There are days that I'm frustrated with the kids & I think about the sling bag I'm carrying, the logo shirt that I'm wearing or walk up to the car & look at the logo ~ then think "I need to NOT look defeated if I want someone to approach me about Pampered Chef! I need to look like I'll have a positive reaction & not a what the HE## do you want response ..." LOL Making a conscious effort to change how others see me helps me to change my attitude, get over frustrations with the kids faster & be a better Mommy too! Of course those negative flashbacks of my Mom when I was a kid sure helps me change my attitude too. ;)

thirty one package.jpg
I had a bit of a different car decal experience today....

Walked out of the post office and find this cute little package tucked under my windshield wiper. Inside was a mini catalog, a business card and a note. On the note it said, "Hey Deb, I saw your car and couldn't resist the opp to share my business with you! Call me today with an order and I'll give you $10 off when you mention this offer. Keep Selling - Denae, Thirty-One Director".

This got me thinking...why in the world don't I train my team to keep some of these cute bags with a mini cat and a note and a business card in the car at all times? How easy would it be to tuck one into the windshield of the car next to you when you're leaving? I'm not talking blanket the whole parking lot....just one or 2 cars every trip to Target.

The bags can be found at www.mygirlfriendshouse.com and they are cheap!

Melissa78 said:
DITTO! I keep hearing all these 'stories of success' and every day I walk out and look at mine as I get in the car and think, "Seriously? I think they need to go." The only 'business' they have given me are friends tracking me down in town saying, "Oh I saw your car..." I think they give me more of a complex than the good but now I'm el-cheapo and they cost a good amount of money so I'm hesitant to take the razor blade to them.

Perhaps its my karma or "the secret" (laws of attraction so I'm pushing ppl away) b/c I literally feel like the stereotypical "Mary Kay Lady" with them on there. I don't mind anything else with logos but the car thing really hasn't done anything for me (other than my complex). :) Maybe if i take my info off that will make me feel better...

DITTO!! DITTO!! DITTO!! I guess we need to make a pact to keep them on til they pay for themselves.

DebChefIA said:
View attachment 863
I had a bit of a different car decal experience today....

Walked out of the post office and find this cute little package tucked under my windshield wiper. Inside was a mini catalog, a business card and a note. On the note it said, "Hey Deb, I saw your car and couldn't resist the opp to share my business with you! Call me today with an order and I'll give you $10 off when you mention this offer. Keep Selling - Denae, Thirty-One Director".

This got me thinking...why in the world don't I train my team to keep some of these cute bags with a mini cat and a note and a business card in the car at all times? How easy would it be to tuck one into the windshield of the car next to you when you're leaving? I'm not talking blanket the whole parking lot....just one or 2 cars every trip to Target.

The bags can be found at www.mygirlfriendshouse.com and they are cheap!

So did you place an order? as in did it work for her? I would trash anything left on my windshield, though I would admire someone in the DS industry for trying to work their biz. My neighborhood has been swamped with lawn care and cleaning services putting flyers on mailboxes. Some days there are more than one. Got another one today. I would never contact any of those companies.

Becca_in_MD said:
DITTO!! DITTO!! DITTO!! I guess we need to make a pact to keep them on til they pay for themselves.

So did you place an order? as in did it work for her? I would trash anything left on my windshield, though I would admire someone in the DS industry for trying to work their biz. My neighborhood has been swamped with lawn care and cleaning services putting flyers on mailboxes. Some days there are more than one. Got another one today. I would never contact any of those companies.

I certainly did!! And I ordered some of the bags so that I could give them away to my team. Who wouldn't open a pretty package and at least look over the mini cat??

Becca_in_MD said:

You wouldn't have to just leave them on cars, you and your team could make a point to carry them while out and about and give away at least 5 "gifts" in a day. I LOVE that idea because getting a present that is all pretty would brighten most peoples day.:clap:

I have gotten leads from my logo, but I LOVE that I don't have to ever look for my car in the parking lot. That is the reason I will always keep the logo on my car :) Plus all of my kids have taught themselves my phone # by reading it on the car :)

How about a recipe card, mini-catalog & business card in the cute little package?But then again, there was a lady handing out cute little packages in the play area at McDonald's recently ~ she was representing a dentist & there's a free toothbrush in each bag. Still haven't opened them. But they are still laying on my bar, so I guess that's a positive sign that I didn't chunk it that maybe someone else wouldn't throw out mine. LOL

My decal has only resulted in an ice cream scoop purchase, LOL!! But I am eternally hopeful it will do more!!

Love the little packet idea!!

And not to hijack but last night I was helping my newest consultant with her first party. I had the April totes plus I use my pleated bag from the incentive last summer. There were two 31 reps in the audience and before the party they had their catalog open comparing the pattern to one of theirs. I found it a little humorous! They were sure they were 31 bags.

wow must be the day of 31 Bags. I sent out an email to my whole contact bases with the upcoming specials. A 31 Bag person, who I remember from several shows but did not know she was doing 31, emailed me back on my newsletter asking me to host a show. I admire her for trying but I go back to what would I do... the PHONE... if she had called me it would have made a better connection, better impression. I declined to host because I have more bags than I can even ever use. Funny, she did not ask to trade parties??? I have been approached by 8 DS people this month wanting to trade parties. They have all been past guests who have started some sort of DS business since attending a show of mine. Guess I made an impression that I am successful :)

pcjenni said:
wow must be the day of 31 Bags. I sent out an email to my whole contact bases with the upcoming specials. A 31 Bag person, who I remember from several shows but did not know she was doing 31, emailed me back on my newsletter asking me to host a show. I admire her for trying but I go back to what would I do... the PHONE... if she had called me it would have made a better connection, better impression. I declined to host because I have more bags than I can even ever use. Funny, she did not ask to trade parties??? I have been approached by 8 DS people this month wanting to trade parties. They have all been past guests who have started some sort of DS business since attending a show of mine. Guess I made an impression that I am successful :)

I have a past host/acquaintance who recently joined Creative Memories. I cringe when I see her FB status updates BEGGING people to host a show. If she had picked up the phone and ASKED me to host, I probably would have said yes! But I'm not responding to her pathetic status update.

how do I click LOVE for that Deb!!!

More pressure on my phone phobia....great :) hehehehe

Melissa78 said:
More pressure on my phone phobia....great :) hehehehe

:veryfunny:

Just got a private message on FB from hubby:
I need some new catalogs out here. I've had two people ask me for them in the past two days. And the inquiries came from the sticker on the van.
Supply order for 25 catalogs now being sent directly from PC to him in Japan. Luckily, he's smart enough to print the stickers w/ my info & stick them on first. :D

What is the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial"?

The "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial" is a marketing strategy used by the financial services company Merrill to promote their brand and services. It involves placing their logo on car windows and asking satisfied customers to share their positive experiences with the company.

How does the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial" work?

The "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial" works by identifying satisfied customers who are willing to promote the company. These customers are given a decal with the Merrill logo to display on their car window. This serves as a visual endorsement of the company and can potentially attract new customers.

Why does Merrill use car windows for testimonials?

Merrill uses car windows for testimonials because they are highly visible and can reach a wide audience. By placing their logo on car windows, they can easily promote their brand to potential customers who may see the logo while driving or parked in a public place.

How can I participate in the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial"?

If you are a satisfied customer of Merrill, you can participate in the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial" by contacting the company and expressing your interest in sharing your positive experience. If selected, you will be given a decal with the Merrill logo to display on your car window.

Is there any compensation for participating in the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial"?

No, there is no compensation for participating in the "Merrill Car Window Logo Testimonial". Customers who choose to share their positive experiences with the company are doing so voluntarily and without any financial incentive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cincychef