• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Not Sure if I Should Laugh Or....

In summary, the conversation is about receiving a lead for a potential customer who turned out to be a previous contact. The person had spoken to her before but didn't recognize her at first. The customer was trying to add on a product to a previous order but was unable to and was offered a catalog show instead. The customer was very specific about only wanting a mini catalog. The person also talks about other experiences with leads, including people who already have a consultant or are not interested in purchasing.
Today I got a home office lead and every time I get one I think "oh please let it be a good one" (I am waiting for one of those legend ones that wants all the cookware, or to buy Christmas gifts for their entire company) So I open the lead and the name looks kind of familiar so I search for it on P3. Her name is on there but I still can't figure out how I know her. Then I realized that I had spoken to her just a week or two ago. She called to add on a decorator bottle set to a show, BUT the show was already delivered, it had stayed open almost 3 weeks, then the host ordered the cookware and exchanged it for something else:bugeye: They thought they could just add the decorator bottle set on to the exchange and not have to pay shipping. I explained that I couldn't add it on and at the time I didn't have anything coming here so I offered her some kind of deal other than free shipping. She told me she would think about it. I offered to send her a catalog and let her take it to her family Thanksgiving, explaining that a catalog show would give her free shipping, she very firmly told me that she didn't want to see the full size catalog the ONLY one she wanted to look at was the mini. I only had her number at a school office so I never followed up until she shows up online today.

I am not sure if I should laugh if she went into the lead system to get a new consultant :por be mad that it wasted a good lead when she already had my info!:grumpy:
I called her but she was too busy to talk so we will see if she calls back now that she knows it was me!

(((hugs)))Hopefully she won't do the lead system again trying to get a different consultant.

I fell your pain...what a waste of a lead. I have had this happen sometimes you wish you could have the name so you could decline the name. This one girl keeps going in the lead system and she sells for other companies. She has a ton of names of people who do PC yet she still taps the system.:confused::confused:

Most of my leads have been either already signed consultants with questions or for last minute booths...meaning can you show up in 2 days? One actually requested a consultant TWICE...called her a half hour after I got the email and had already found another consultant! GRRRR....all these non productive leads.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Most of my leads have been either already signed consultants with questions or for last minute booths...meaning can you show up in 2 days? One actually requested a consultant TWICE...called her a half hour after I got the email and had already found another consultant! GRRRR....all these non productive leads.

I've had several of those last minute booth leads. Hate 'em. You know if they are looking for a consultant last minute then it's most likely a poorly organized and poorly advertised event. Ummm, No Thanks. I passed a couple on to my team, and both were bombs for the ones who participated, so I've decided that we will just decline those from now on.

I almost dread calling the ones that are interested in purchasing product - because if they didn't just order from the lead system, it usually means that either they want something PC doesn't even carry, or they don't want to pay shipping, or they have a really old chopper that they want replaced for free. But they threw it away. :rolleyes: Like the one I just had who wants a PC Jello Mold.

I got a lead asking for a catalog...it was a customer I saw a week ago and I know I sent a book home with her! She gets my newsletter and has all my contact info...she even knows where I live! I had another lead from a host who wanted a different consultant because I don't do shows on the weekend! Ha how surprised was she when she got my name through the lead system? She had already picked a weekday party with me - if she had told me she'd rather have a weekend or nothing, I would have changed her date!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is having a pile of junk from the lead system. I have noticed that if they did not purchase online but want to purchase products that it is a waste as Becky said. I have sent catalogs, called and emailed follow up and it never seems to turn into anything! I had one that was the name Jennifer as the contact. When I called a man answered and very rudely asked who I was and what I wanted. He then says he was the one who sent that in and he purchased products weeks ago from someone and wants to know where they are. I explained that I would have no idea since I was not the consultant and suggested he call HO. Oh, guess what, they were closed... gee at 7 at night on a Saturday??? Really??? and he decided to send the lead in to get an answer right away. Ughhhh

Chefbeckyd said:
I almost dread calling the ones that are interested in purchasing product - because if they didn't just order from the lead system, it usually means that either they want something PC doesn't even carry, or they don't want to pay shipping, or they have a really old chopper that they want replaced for free. But they threw it away. :rolleyes: Like the one I just had who wants a PC Jello Mold.
This is so true, when I see the purchase product, I kind of groan to myself. I always hate calling because it is always something along those lines. I am glad others feel this way too!

Sheesh! How nice would it be if the program could cross match names, numbers or emails? Then they could politely be told that they need to wait til contacted instead of wasting a lead. And what about a check box saying I am NOT a consultant?

Chefbeckyd said:
I've had several of those last minute booth leads. Hate 'em. You know if they are looking for a consultant last minute then it's most likely a poorly organized and poorly advertised event. Ummm, No Thanks. I passed a couple on to my team, and both were bombs for the ones who participated, so I've decided that we will just decline those from now on.

I almost dread calling the ones that are interested in purchasing product - because if they didn't just order from the lead system, it usually means that either they want something PC doesn't even carry, or they don't want to pay shipping, or they have a really old chopper that they want replaced for free. But they threw it away. :rolleyes: Like the one I just had who wants a PC Jello Mold .

Sell them the silicone cake pan or cupcake pan. ;)

So here is the end to this one.Hello Chantelle,I did try to call you the next day (last week) and didn't get an answer, ( I don't think she did but oh well) I do not think I left you a message. I heard your name on the Message and realized you are probably the same person that I had contact with last month through Kathy S.I was trying to find someone closer to my home in Hamilton.I have already ordered the item I was looking for. I do not need anything else.Thank You for following up to see if I still needed to place an order.

1. Should I feel guilty about laughing at a joke that may be offensive?

It's important to consider the intention behind the joke and the impact it may have on others. If the joke is meant to belittle or harm a certain group of people, it's best to refrain from laughing. However, if the joke is harmless and just meant to be funny, it's okay to laugh.

2. Is it okay to laugh at a situation where someone got hurt?

It depends on the severity of the situation and the reaction of the person who got hurt. If someone is genuinely hurt and in pain, it's not appropriate to laugh. However, if it's a minor mishap and the person is able to laugh at themselves, it's usually okay to join in and laugh with them.

3. How can I tell if a joke is appropriate to laugh at?

Consider the context and the audience. If you're unsure, it's always best to err on the side of caution and not laugh. Also, pay attention to the reactions of those around you - if others are laughing, it's usually a good indication that the joke is appropriate.

4. Should I apologize for laughing at something that someone else found offensive?

If you didn't intend to offend anyone and genuinely didn't see the joke as offensive, there's no need to apologize. However, if someone expresses their discomfort or offense, it's important to acknowledge their feelings and apologize if necessary.

5. Is it okay to laugh at my own mistakes or embarrassing moments?

Absolutely! Laughing at ourselves can be a healthy way to cope with embarrassment and can help us not take ourselves too seriously. However, if someone else is laughing at your expense and it makes you uncomfortable, it's okay to kindly ask them to stop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
OxiaWorksXS
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD