• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(Rant, Sorry) Hostess From H- E - Double Hockey Sticks!!

In summary, the hostess tried to get the host to re-type her order, and when he refused, she wanted him to send her a receipt and a list of what she got for free.
kitchendivinity
Gold Member
Ok, so I have a hostess that had a show on 9/17. It ended up being a $337 show (SUPER low for me) because she had no one there (Yes I hostess coached TONS). After her show, she wanted to collect some more outside orders. . . so I said ok, we can keep it open a couple days. (she never got any more orders). Well. . .. here I am on 9/29 after about 5 emails, countless phone calls all trying to get in touch to close out her show. SHE NEVER RESPONDS. Finally, she meets me last night (all the while acting like she's doing ME a favor) and gives me her order. Then she asked me to send it all in an email so she can look it over and see what all she is getting. OMG, are you for real? So, I took over 1/2 my scheduled homework time to type out ALL of her items, and the breakdown of the hostess benefits into an email (just like it shows in P3). I send it to her. Then today, I get a phone call. Guess what. . . . she doesn't like her order and wants to change it!! MOST ALL of it. So, I get all the new stuff she wants. . . and guess what. She wants me to re-type it all up like I did last night and email it to her AGAIN for her to verify and then if she is happy with it, I can submit it!! I am about out of patience for this woman, and my customer service is about to go out the window. I muttered MANY profanities under my breath when I got off the phone with her!! Any way, does any one have any ideas on how to deal with SUPER difficult Hostesses like this? If it was a $1000 show I would deal, but for $300 and NO bookings .. . . please! Also, is there an easier way to get her the breakdown of benefits besides manually typing them all out??Grrrr .. . some people!

Sorry! I have found that the high maintenance hosts tend to be with the lower sales. :D You're almost done!

You can opt to print a sales receipt from P3 (look at the little button above the show summaries in the bottom left hand area)...save it as a PDF and email it to her.

No more typing for you! When she calls or texts that she wants a breakdown....just call and leave her a voicemail (since she wont answer).

She really shouldn't ask for an explanation as the receipt will show the calculations....but I'm thinking she may not like that you found an easy way to send her her order breakdown. :D

Good luck! You never know what referrals she may send your way. She may also be acting like she is because she's embarrassed her show sales weren't where she imagined.

I usually just say "You've earned $xx for free. Anything else on your wish list will have the xx% discount applied to it. You also get one item (since you said she's at a $300 level) of your choice at 1/2 price, or you can choose one of those 1/2 price combos that's pictured on pg. xx of the catalog."Have her prioritize her wish list. I verify which item they wish to have be their 1/2 price item and then enter in the rest. How much beyond her free amount does she want to spend? Does she want everything on her wish list or up to a certain amount of out of pocket? That's kind of how I go about it. Not sure if that's the help you're looking for, though. Sorry you are having a frustrating experience w/ the host. Hope it works out w/o too much more hassle.

I tried that last night, and it didn't work. But I just tried again and it worked! YAY!! Thank you for telling me it did or I wouldn't have re-tried it.

Man I can't stand super difficult hostesses.

babywings76 said:
Have her prioritize her wish list. I verify which item they wish to have be their 1/2 price item and then enter in the rest. How much beyond her free amount does she want to spend? Does she want everything on her wish list or up to a certain amount of out of pocket?

Unfortunately she wouldn't do a wish list!! I told her again and again! I even sent her a paper styled one that she could print and fill out. She refused!

I had one that was super hard to get ahold of and close with this month also (except she wasn't rude, just hard to get ahold of).
I have decided that I am going to have them schedule a time to close b4 I leave their house. If they don't reschedule and I can't get ahold of them, then I will close their show either using their wishlist items, or picking items that use their free product value.
I have spent too much time lately on wild goose chases. I am not trying to be rude, but this is my carreer. I can't let them run over me.

I was going to say the same as the above poster...
Something like that, I would put it on the HOST to write it down...I'd call her and tell her to get a pen and paper ready, I'll read to you the host breakdown and then you tell me if it's ok, when it's all said and done you will see everything in an official receipt that will be spelled out to you.
NO WAY would I spend all that time writing out something like that for her! Hopefully you got it all straight so you could turn it in by tonight.

on a slightly different note, I highly encourage my hosts to use my website to enter in their wish list. I let them know they can also send out invites if they wish, but their wish list helps me out greatly. If I have their wish list, I make it a point to bring everything I own that is on thier wish list. I have had good luck motivating them to actually input it this way.

Sorry girl, I didn't know you were having so much trouble out of one of your hostesses! And I thought you already knew how to pull up the P3 receipts. It's much easier to e-mail that format than to sit & type it all out.

Hopefully she's done now, you can get it closed & move on! ;)

I had a problem host call me back to do a 2nd show & I came super close to saying no. I ended up doing it anyway & got some bookings off the 2nd one ... so it helped to make up for all the issues that I had to deal with on her 2 shows! ;)

I have a show from 9/11 that I've been trying to get in touch with the host. She emailed me last week after leaving countless messages for her. Her email said she was going to chose her items and get back me that night. Still waiting. ARrrrr

I just finally closed a show that was held on AUGUST 21. Yes, AUGUST!!!! If they don't return your calls, there is nothing you can do. I didn't go out of my way to call this woman (although I did leave several messages) and she finally called me.

DebbieJ said:
I just finally closed a show that was held on AUGUST 21. Yes, AUGUST!!!! If they don't return your calls, there is nothing you can do. I didn't go out of my way to call this woman (although I did leave several messages) and she finally called me.

HA! I finally closed one yesterday from August 2nd!!! The part that I bolded, I could have written myself. The kicker is - I tried so hard to get her to close her show before I left for vacation on Aug 19th, and she NEVER gave me a call or email back. Then, she called in a panic while I was gone wanting to close her show. I called her the day after I got back from vacation, and left ANOTHER message, and then left her another email. I called her again twice a week. She NEVER called me back until yesterday. :grumpy:

I don't go through this often, but I always feel bad for the guests. I was a guest at a PL show and it was at least 6 weeks before I got my order. Who know what the hold up was but I just too excited to wait for my goodies.

Sheila said:
And I thought you already knew how to pull up the P3 receipts. It's much easier to e-mail that format than to sit & type it all out.

I did. But when I tried the first time, it wouldn't let me pull it up. :(
It worked the next time! Thank goodness!

How did you make out?

FINALLY got the show closed, at $413 in sales. That was a headache in a half! Geesh! Why is it always the low sales shows that give me the high troubled hostesses?

kitchendivinity said:
FINALLY got the show closed, at $413 in sales. That was a headache in a half! Geesh!

Why is it always the low sales shows that give me the high troubled hostesses?

That always seems to be the case for me too. :rolleyes:

Wahoo! Glad it's over! lol

And yup....I work harder it seems with hosts that have the lower sales. Maybe it's because they're too busy telling us how to do our part that they run out of time to do theirs? As in invite and pick up orders! he he

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
And yup....I work harder it seems with hosts that have the lower sales. Maybe it's because they're too busy telling us how to do our part that they run out of time to do theirs? As in invite and pick up orders! he he

Now THAT is funny - and oh, so true!!!

Apparently - this hostess from H E double hockey sticks really doesn't like me much. She called the home office and complained about something that is not true, and made a big fuss over $14 over payment (that I have tried to get back to her)!Home office just called with a complaint about me - :(
I want to cry .. . why are some people so hateful!!??!?!

Aw, that stinks!

wow people these days! she just was trying to get free stuff out of you .. sorry

kitchendivinity said:
Apparently - this hostess from H E double hockey sticks really doesn't like me much. She called the home office and complained about something that is not true, and made a big fuss over $14 over payment (that I have tried to get back to her)!

Home office just called with a complaint about me - :(
I want to cry .. . why are some people so hateful!!??!?!

That is just terrible...what did HO tell you about it? Usually, they are on our side and try to get us/host to work things out ourselves.
Don't you just want to call her and tell her off! All that for $400 in sales! :rolleyes:

((Hugs))

Some people can be so frustrating to deal with. Sometimes, what helps me, is to think about how hard it must be to be her. You only have to deal with her for a short period of time, but she has to live with herself every day. I feel sad for people like that, because I think they must be miserable in order to treat others the way they do.

Noora, I wish I could "like" your post!! Awesome!

You're so right, Noora.

I totally understand your situation. I had one years ago that
a) I drove an hour to get to her show
b) she didn't have all the ingredients and there wasn't a grocery store in town
c) she showed up drunk for the show (it wasn't at her house)
d) she was almost impossible to get closed

AND then she called HO to tell them I owed her $$ which I didn't. I think her show was barely $300.

NooraK said:
((Hugs))

Some people can be so frustrating to deal with. Sometimes, what helps me, is to think about how hard it must be to be her. You only have to deal with her for a short period of time, but she has to live with herself every day. I feel sad for people like that, because I think they must be miserable in order to treat others the way they do.

This is SO TRUE!!

Thanks girls for all your encouraging words. :)

1. What do I do if my hostess is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your hostess is not responding to your attempts to contact her, it's important to first try reaching out through different methods (phone, email, social media) and giving her some time to respond. If she still does not respond, you can consider reaching out to a mutual friend or family member to see if they can help get in touch with her. If all else fails, you may need to consider finding a new hostess.

2. Can I still earn hostess rewards if my party doesn't reach the minimum sales requirement?

Unfortunately, in order to receive hostess rewards, the party must reach the minimum sales requirement. However, if your party is close to reaching the requirement, you can consider reaching out to friends and family to make a few last-minute purchases to help you reach the goal.

3. My hostess wants to cancel her party, what should I do?

If your hostess wants to cancel her party, it's important to be understanding and respectful of her decision. You can ask if there is a specific reason she wants to cancel and see if there is anything you can do to help. If she still wants to cancel, you can offer to reschedule the party for a later date or suggest hosting a virtual party instead.

4. What should I do if my hostess is not happy with her hostess rewards?

If your hostess is not happy with her hostess rewards, it's important to listen to her concerns and try to find a solution. You can offer to exchange any products she is not satisfied with or provide her with a credit towards a future purchase. It's important to make sure your hostess is happy with her experience as it can lead to future parties and referrals.

5. My hostess is pressuring me to buy products from my own party, what should I do?

It's important to set boundaries with your hostess and make it clear that you are there to help her host a successful party, not to make personal purchases. You can politely decline her pressure and suggest that she reaches out to friends and family for support. If she continues to pressure you, it may be necessary to have a conversation with her about your role as a consultant and the importance of respecting boundaries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD