• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Avoiding Confusion: Common Mistakes When Ordering from Pampered Chef

In summary, the host is $5.00 short of $500, so she asks the customer if she wants to add another order to bump it up. The customer tells her sister in law ordered online and already has her stuff so I start thinking here we go again..... another person who placed an individual order instead of a show. I ask for the sister in laws name and look over all my ind orders for the last 30 days and she didn't order from me at all.
I am trying to close out a catalog show and the host is $5.00 short of $500:) So I sent her a message asking if she wanted to add another order to bump it up. Then she tells me her sister in law ordered online and already has her stuff. I start thinking here we go again..... another person who placed an individual order instead of a show (this happens way too often!) I ask for the sister in laws name and look over all my ind orders for the last 30 days and she didn't order from me at all.

Why do people think that they can go to pamperedchef.com and order and it will magically get routed to me and then to the correct host??????:confused: I mean even with a little common sense you would realize that is impossible. and I always tell people if it is in any way confusing for them to order online PLEASE call me because it is easier to help them by taking their order over the phone than fixing it later, but they never do.

Sorry for the rant but yesterday someone asked me "didn't you get Mike's order for his wifes DCB?" When I had no idea what she was talking about she informed me that a women from a recent show wanted the DCB for Christmas so the husband was given my name and # to order, but instead he ordered off the main website:grumpy: Kind of made annoyed. My husband says it is because people don't want to deal with a real person these day and I think he is kind of right. The sad thing is I can always offer them the best deal either a free cookbook or even free shipping for cyber Monday and he missed out on both.

I am really confused as to why PC can not maintain a site that has ALL of our hosts/shows in it -- similar to a target gift registry. What the heck? Just make anyone going onto the main PC website enter a host's name and state. If it's Sue Smith and there are 3 of them, do a City search, last 4 of a phone number or the digits of the address....COME ON!!!

I hear you!

I had a client e-mail me a few days ago this:Barb - Greetings, I was placing a Pampered Chef order and for some reason, it listed my
rep as Kristi Leskovac when I placed the order?� I wanted you to get the credit
Any idea why that happened?

So I sent this to Solution Center:Hi:
I was contacted by one of my clients this morning regarding her on-line order. She was
ordering from my site, but when she received the confirmation it was for a different
consultant. See forwarded message.

Thank you for looking into this matter.

Here is what I got back:Dear Barbara,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. This order was shipped on the 23rd. The
Customer may have bounced into our Corporate website by accident. This would have
directed to her to the next qualified Consultant for her purchase.

Wow that was a helpful response! NOT! Good for Krisit, but stinks for me. I did later find out that the client had gone to pc.com and thought that her host discount code would link her to me. I was sure to tell her to go to my website from now on. Still frustrating!! At least the order was only $30.

Sorry ladies. Amazing how ditzy some people can be when it comes to placing a simple online order. It's not like they have to have to be a rocket scientist to order from our web page. It's basic common sense stuff. If I want this consultant to get credit, I need to go to HER web page ... if I want this host to get credit, I have to go to HER show ...PWUCK! That's the sound of them pulling their head out of their you-know-what. ;)

What annoys me is that they can start out on our page, get distracted and then time-out by the time they finish the order...therefore putting it back into the lead system and going to someone else. HO could easily fix that wiht a big fat "Warning, You Are No Longer On Your Consultant's Website" message!

I truly hope that our techie people are working on a new website and PPP for that matter. What we are using is not friendly at all.

I'm really getting annoyed with all the 'issues' we've been having lately too. Is PC suffering some growing pains? Are they having trouble catching up to the technological world? Or, are the cutting corners?

pamperedlinda said:
What annoys me is that they can start out on our page, get distracted and then time-out by the time they finish the order...therefore putting it back into the lead system and going to someone else. HO could easily fix that wiht a big fat "Warning, You Are No Longer On Your Consultant's Website" message!

I truly hope that our techie people are working on a new website and PPP for that matter. What we are using is not friendly at all.

I'm really getting annoyed with all the 'issues' we've been having lately too. Is PC suffering some growing pains? Are they having trouble catching up to the technological world? Or, are the cutting corners?

Seriously - how difficult could it be? I had someone do this - placed an $80 order on my website, but it went to someone else...because she stopped in the middle of the order to put her babies to bed. She realized afterwards what had happened - called that consultant because she was concerned about me getting the credit. the consultant then called me - because it happened to be my Director who got the order instead. :(

pamperedlinda said:

That's true, they should have to fix it! They could just dump everything from the shopping cart when it times out so that they have to start over from the right website. It might be frustrating but alot of companies do that.

There are serious problems in the tech department that hinder us from doing our jobs effectively. My D is so tired of me complaining about Consultant Connection not updating in a timely manner. WTH? Why is THAT so hard? The shows going in and it updates? The websites are another headache. The newsletter is tempermental. The lead system is not so effective... sigh.SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I am friends with Joe Faraci in Tech Support. I am tempted to take all of these comments, do a screen shot and send it to him. I too am frustrated - I got to know Joe when I was on the Technology Committee a few years back and have been a beta tester for several tech changes - P3, Consultant Connection and Personal Websites just to name a few.

I truly believe that there is something BIG coming in the way of technology in 2012. I got my CNL for Dec yesterday and on pg. 18, under Get Ready for 2012, it says: "If a Smartphone or tablet is on your holiday wish list, consider these popular choices: iPhone, iPad, Android".

That info, combined with the Technology Survey I took last week, combined with some info from my NED, leads me to HOPE upon HOPE that PC is gearing up for some big changes in technology in 2012.

Just remember, we are VERY, VERY, VERY lucky to have P3. Not only is it FREE, but it does NOT require an internet connection to input orders. I don't know of another DS company that offers what P3 offers us.

Hang in there ladies...it HAS to get better!!

DebChefIA said:
I am friends with Joe Faraci in Tech Support. I am tempted to take all of these comments, do a screen shot and send it to him. I too am frustrated - I got to know Joe when I was on the Technology Committee a few years back and have been a beta tester for several tech changes - P3, Consultant Connection and Personal Websites just to name a few.

I truly believe that there is something BIG coming in the way of technology in 2012. I got my CNL for Dec yesterday and on pg. 18, under Get Ready for 2012, it says: "If a Smartphone or tablet is on your holiday wish list, consider these popular choices: iPhone, iPad, Android".

That info, combined with the Technology Survey I took last week, combined with some info from my NED, leads me to HOPE upon HOPE that PC is gearing up for some big changes in technology in 2012.

Just remember, we are VERY, VERY, VERY lucky to have P3. Not only is it FREE, but it does NOT require an internet connection to input orders. I don't know of another DS company that offers what P3 offers us.

I so hope you are right!

I think you should send our complaints to him. Many of us think these same things, we just don't take the time to send them to HO. I've thought about it, but fear that they will contact my NED and ask her "who is this high-maintenance chick"! lol

I really do hope that they are working on improving the entire tech side! I've had some similar conversations with my NED. She keeps pretty mum on what she knows but she did tell me that HO was working on improvements. I hope so! It's ridiculous that we can't see more timely stats. P3 is not friendly, I only use it for my shows, I do not use it to it's capacity...it's too slow and such a memory hog! Our PWS is sorely lacking when it comes to being user-friendly.

And, if he has ANY input with our CN.....I'd love to get mine before the 15th of the month :)

DebChefIA said:

Thanks for this. It is so easy to express our frustrations and forget about the things we do have. While PC technology isn't perfect it does give us a lot. It is a great idea to share our concerns and frustrations though. They don't know if we don't tell them and if only a few say something it won't happen as quickly as if a lot of people do.

I am so excited to see that hint in the CN!

Deb, they don't know what they don't know. I agree, tell him everything you can. It can only help! :DAnd while you are at it, please relay that the wording needs to be revamped on the HO Leads. The way its written right now, it looks like it's asking if the customer NEEDS for the Consultant to call them. They say "no" and are hiding their info from us. If they revamped it where the info automatically is shared with the consultant unless the customer clicks a box to hide their info from being seen by the consultant, or if its just rephrased to check a box if its okay for Pampered Chef to share your contact information with the consultant ... I think we'd have more of them. I think the current wording it just weird.

done. I removed your names to protect the innocent. :)

"To protect the innocent" :veryfunny:

Last week (I think...) I was sent a survey again about technology - so it seems as though they really are trying to move ahead.

I was just looking at Android powered phones on the Sprint website. It's time for an upgrade, but I almost want to wait until we know more from PC to make sure I have what's needed. Like is 3G okay, or would I need 4G? (this is coming from someone who has a VERY plain & simple cell phone - not one bell or whistle to be found on it!)

I LOVE JOE! He is so responsive and caring. BUT we need to email them directly over and over and over and over and over again. I have asked them at least 6 TIMES to correct our websites so that when the reminder email goes out about the host's party it comes from HER, not from ME when they receive it. I believe I am going on year 4 now and complaning about it. I have even sent them 4 screen shots of it....nothing.

Although I think it would be cool to be using p3 on my ipad or iphone, geezo peezo I cannot even imagine the tech issues they will have.... pour me the glass on wine now on that one.

Just got a response from Joe. While I'm not going to share the entirety of his message here, I will share this part: "...reading this discussion has left me smiling. I’m not happy about the frustration level, or the issues raised, but I am ecstatic about how well these frustrations are articulated, and how accurate the descriptions of the problem with online ordering are.

I promise you that this document will be very valuable and very much heeded by everyone in the IT department. I want to thank you for sending it to me. It will not be ignored. "

And this is why I will love Joe Faraci until the day I die! :candyheart:

What an awesome reply! Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks Deb! So happy he didn't think we were whiney (unless that's the part that got cut out!!!) ;)

At least on the US site, a second pop up comes up when you go to Option 2. For some reason we don't have that.

He knows we're not whining....I made sure of it! I replyed that his response is the reason we love him so much! He wanted me to let everyone know that he loves us in the field as well and that without us, he'd not have a job he loves.

I have had many discussions with Joe over the years at conferences and leadership. Many of them have been in elevators, LOL. He really does want to help us, so this is awesome. And I don't care if you DO use my name, LOL.

I've asked before, but maybe you can reiterate. The overseas (military) consultants need the ability to remove "ship to host" as an online order option when we are setting up our online shows. We have to call/e-mail customers to explain that the "ship to host" is a violation of military regulation and that they cant have that option. It frustrates them. If we could check (or uncheck) a box so that its not an option for those guests, it would alleviate a lot of explaining to customers why they need to pay more. ;)

Sheila said:
I've asked before, but maybe you can reiterate. The overseas (military) consultants need the ability to remove "ship to host" as an online order option when we are setting up our online shows. We have to call/e-mail customers to explain that the "ship to host" is a violation of military regulation and that they cant have that option. It frustrates them. If we could check (or uncheck) a box so that its not an option for those guests, it would alleviate a lot of explaining to customers why they need to pay more. ;)

Just because I'm nosy....do you know why this is a rule? Just curious....

PamperedK said:
At least on the US site, a second pop up comes up when you go to Option 2. For some reason we don't have that.

Wow...so sorry to hear this. This was a change that was made long ago. Wondering why it has not caught up in Canada. Sorry...hope it changes for you soon!

baychef said:
Wow...so sorry to hear this. This was a change that was made long ago. Wondering why it has not caught up in Canada. Sorry...hope it changes for you soon!

Yeah it's so weird that they implement stuff in the US but not Canada. Some things I understand but something simple like this seems easy....

Krista, USPS takes our mail to a location on the west coast (for the military members in Asia ~ east coast for the ones in Europe) and hands it over to the military. The military then delivers it to the appropriate base for FREE. Since they are having to pay the manpower to do that, they have their own policies that the military has to follow. One of the rules is that we are not allowed to accept mail for others unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. They don't want us using their time and resources for others. Makes sense, but man can it be a pain in the you-know-what! The person running the post office has the final word. Some overlook a lot of stuff & some are super strict. And the policy is always open for interpretation. Like one of the clauses reads that you can't use a government plated vehicle for home-based business purposes. In Japan, that means vehicles owned by the military. We can drive our own personal vehicles. I just debated with the legal department in Germany (Hoeschele) because the consultants there are being told that their personal vehicles are included in that policy. At first they thought it was true, but when I pointed out that this is a vehicle that the military member purchases & as long as the person does not have a suspended/revoked driver's license and as long as the vehicle itself is properly registered/insured/inspected/etc. that the military shouldn't have the right to tell a military member or dependent when/where they can drive said vehicle ... he got the point then & agreed that I was right. That vehicles owned by the base is probably what that clause is meaning. The poor Consultants in Germany have been having it rough! But hopefully we are making progress towards an easier business for them there. And the girls I'm fighting for ... not even on my team or in my downline! LOL I just can't stand to see injustice and that's what they are facing over there. Someone who's been trained by someone, who was trained by someone, who was trained by someone ... and hasn't taken the time to do their own research to determine that the information is correct. :rolleyes:

1. What makes "Really? Is It That Hard?" different from other Pampered Chef products?

"Really? Is It That Hard?" is a unique product that combines the convenience of a traditional kitchen gadget with the quality and durability that Pampered Chef is known for. It's designed to make everyday tasks in the kitchen easier and more efficient, saving you time and effort.

2. How does "Really? Is It That Hard?" work?

This product is designed to be simple and intuitive to use. Simply follow the included instructions and you'll be able to easily use "Really? Is It That Hard?" to complete a variety of kitchen tasks.

3. Can "Really? Is It That Hard?" be used for both cooking and baking?

Yes, "Really? Is It That Hard?" is versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks in both cooking and baking. It's a great addition to any kitchen, whether you're a seasoned chef or just starting out.

4. Is "Really? Is It That Hard?" easy to clean?

Yes, "Really? Is It That Hard?" is designed to be easy to clean. Simply hand wash with soap and water or place it in the dishwasher for quick and convenient cleaning.

5. Can I use "Really? Is It That Hard?" with non-Pampered Chef products?

While "Really? Is It That Hard?" is designed to work seamlessly with other Pampered Chef products, it can also be used with non-Pampered Chef items. Just make sure the size and shape of your other kitchen tools are compatible with "Really? Is It That Hard?" for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • baychef