• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Online Lead Orders/Hiding Info...

In summary, Becky's neighbor placed an online order, but did not provide their contact information. Becky reached out to the neighbor, but was not able to contact them. Becky received an email from the neighbor asking for more information about their order.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
This is so frustrating to me!

I've had online orders every day this month, and at least half of them have their info hidden.

This morning, I had two emails from people asking me about their orders from last week - both were people I hadn't been able to contact via email or phone, because all of their info was hidden. I am sure, from the emails I received that they had no idea that even I wouldn't see their info.

It just seems like there should be a better way to do this - they should be able to check a box saying "don't contact" or the box that's there should have an explanation that the consultant they are ordering from won't see their info at all. How many orders have I received from people who are thinking I have poor customer service because I've never thanked them or anything for their order?

Gheesh, my next door neighbor - who has shows and orders all the time, placed an outlet order and checked the box which hid her info...and I KNOW she wouldn't intentionally hide her info from me!

It is frustrating and would be nice if we were allowed to thank them for their order. Maybe we can all send an email to tech support asking that they rephrase or inform them better in regards to what checking does.

Even though I do not contact them, I look to see where it is being delivered and look at the name. If it is someone I know, I still thank them.

It is frustrating, I agree!

I recently placed an online order for a not so computer literate person (kids broke my laptop and I didn't have p3 installed on the desktop yet). I didn't like the way it was phrased. "would you like for a consultant to contact you?" vs "is it okay if we share your contact information with this consultant?" :rolleyes:

I had a guy do a wedding registry mark no on contact info, then look me up on FB and send a friend request before I was even notified by corporate that I had a new registry.

I'm sure they are reading "do you need a consultant to contact you?"

I JUST this morning sent HO an email about this very thing. I asked them to reword it or add another statement. I know for a fact that people expect that we get the info and are just thinking "no, I don't NEED her to call me right now". If we could thank them we could actually do some CS for these people. I don't get why they don't see this - I know I have sent similar emails to HO about this before and I know I'm not the only one.

I think I'm going to send an email to all of my upline about this too - maybe if people who are higher up in the chain also take note, and make it a topic of concern, something might be done. I hope.

This is an email I got back from someone who ordered something yesterday (I had 2 online orders yesterday -- so had emailed her back asking for more info, since I didn't know which one was hers!)

Hi Becky :)

This is what I received when I placed the order. Does this look familiar as one of the ones that popped up without any information? I apologise for the confusion! I didn't realise it would go through someone locally. I've hosted a show in the past, but never ordered something online like this before, so I wasn't entirely positive how it would work. Let me know what other information you might need and I'll send it your way. Thank you for your help!!! :)

Now, seriously - does this sound like someone who wants to hide their info from me? (she attached her receipt from HO with the email) I think she just clicked the box because she didn't want HO contacting her....but me - she emailed with questions about her order!

The bright spot is that now I know she needs a local consultant! :)

So I just emailed her with the information about her order - and also let her know if she needed anything else, I'd be glad to help her as her local consultant...and that if she'd like, I could send her my monthly newsletter - and this is the response I got back:

Hey Becky
Thank you so much!! I'm not in a super hurry to get it (it's a present for my mum), I just wasn't sure what the process was. I'm excited to know it's on its way!

I would love to get the newsletter! The woman who was consultant at my show has since moved out of state and I don't get anymore information :( It'll be good to be back in the loop :)

Thank you again so much!!!

Now - how many others are out there who would be just as happy to have a local consultant - but are like Anna? She had questions, and so emailed me....but what about all the others?

I have one person who orders EVERY month from my website - and all I can see is her name on the "online activity" email. SO frustrating. I always wonder if she'd like to see the specials, etc...

What do you do for anyone who you do get their contact information for? A phone call? Email? both. What do you say. I would love some ideas.
Thanks!

I respond to their order saying thank you & encouraging them to call if they have any questions. I also list the length of warranty for each item. They are automatically added to my monthly e-newsletter.

cincychef said:
What do you do for anyone who you do get their contact information for? A phone call? Email? both. What do you say. I would love some ideas.
Thanks!

I usually send an email thanking them for their order, giving them warranty info, and also some recipes if they've bought something I have recipes files for (all stoneware, MMP, Rice Cooker, etc...)
I ask them if they'd like to receive my monthly email newsletter - but I don't automatically add them to it.
I often get emails back thanking me, I think mostly because of the recipes. :)

Would anyone mind posting a sample of an email they send to online lead orders?

Dear Heather,Thank you for your recent online order. I appreciate your business! I hope you are enjoying your new Corn Cob Knobs. In case you weren’t aware, here are some of the other services I offer:
• My monthly newsletter – Look for my monthly e-mail newsletter for important information about monthly specials, new products, and FREE recipes. Feel free to forward it to your friends.
• The Pampered Chef Outlet – Find this on my website at www.pamperedchef.biz/jenningsdeb. Be sure to bookmark it! Click on SHOP ONLINE. Go to Option #2 “Not invited to a show but would like to place an order.” Click on Place an Order. A warning will pop up; click on “Otherwise click here to continue.” Click on Outlet Specials in the menu on the left where you will find deep discounts on discontinued products. Check back often as products are updated every month or so. You can also add regular catalog items to your outlet order by browsing the other categories in the menu on the left.
• Your Own Business - Curious about The Pampered Chef? Dial in and see if this business is for you! Call 630-261-3537 to listen to a recording from one of our top sellers. I’d love to answer your questions over a cup of coffee, so please give me a call if you are interested.
• Cooking Shows – You invite friends over for a fun time and to enjoy a yummy recipe, then you earn free products. My hosts usually receive $115 in FREE product, two items at 50% off plus an unlimited 25% discount on everything else! If you would like to host your own show, please call me so we can choose a date!
• Catalog Shows – You can pass catalogs around to friends and family then get what you want free or at a discount.
• Bridal Registries – The bride and groom get what they want and a free shopping spree after the honeymoon.
• Bridal Showers – A fun time where guests purchase gifts for the happy couple and the couple receives show benefits.
• Fundraisers – Let me help your organization earn the funds they need.
• Referrals - Know someone who might be interested in the business opportunity or maybe someone who would like to host a Cooking Show? Please send them my way and I will send you a gift when they host a show or join my team. Thank YOU for allowing me to be YOUR Consultant! Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future if I can help in anyway. Sincerely,Deb Jennings

Oooh, thanks! That's a great one. I've actually had a few lately that left their info, so I'll use this. Yesterday I got an order for one mix 'n chop. Oh well, better than nothing!

pamperedbecky said:
Oooh, thanks! That's a great one. I've actually had a few lately that left their info, so I'll use this. Yesterday I got an order for one mix 'n chop. Oh well, better than nothing!

I got one today for one Ice Cream Dipper.

I got one today for 5 citrus peelers...and it's on hold? Of course, the info is hidden from me, so I guess it's up to HO to contact the customer.

Hey Deb,
Thanks again for posting that email you send to all your HO lead orders! I went nuts earlier in the month and sent that to everyone who has ordered through me who left their info who I had never thanked. One person emailed me back and asked if I would consider donating something to her daughter's traveling softball league's fundraiser. I always have extra stuff and figured that this would be a good way to get my name out there to more people. She was SOOO excited! I think I have a customer for life and they'll possibly do a FR through me next season since they've already slated all their fundraisers this year. If I hadn't have sent that email, this connection wouldn't have happened!! So, thanks!!! :)

1. What is an online lead order?

An online lead order is a type of order placed through our website, where customers can browse and purchase products directly without having to attend a traditional Pampered Chef party. These orders are considered "leads" because they are not associated with a specific party and are processed separately from party orders.

2. Can I hide my contact information when placing an online lead order?

Yes, you have the option to hide your contact information when placing an online lead order. This means that your name, phone number, and email address will not be shared with the consultant who processes your order. However, your shipping address will still be visible for delivery purposes.

3. How do I hide my contact information when placing an online lead order?

When you go to checkout on our website, you will see a checkbox that says "Hide my contact information from the consultant." Simply check this box before submitting your order to ensure your information is not shared.

4. Why would I want to hide my contact information when placing an online lead order?

Some customers prefer to keep their contact information private when placing an online lead order. This could be for various reasons, such as not wanting to receive follow-up calls or emails from the consultant or wanting to maintain privacy in general.

5. Can I still earn host rewards when placing an online lead order?

No, online lead orders do not count towards host rewards. Host rewards are only earned when a party is hosted with a consultant. However, you can still earn product discounts and free shipping on orders over $200 when placing an online lead order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • lovecookn