• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I use Nancy's postcards to stay organized with my host follow-up?

In summary, the postcards are useful for staying in touch with your hosts or prospective hosts. Some people use them to send personal emails, while others use them to send newsletters or attach personalized emails.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Do any of you use Nancy's postcards to stay in touch with your hosts or prospective hosts? If so , which ones do you use and are they worth it?

I am thinking about buying some, but wantd to get some input first.

How do you stay in touch with your hosts that book a couple of months away? Also, what do you do when you have a host who does book that far out and then you have trouble getting in touch with them (one that you really didn't have a great feeling about when you booked her and not sure she's going to come through for you)? I'm getting to the point where I'm booking people that I don't have any relationship with and don't really know how to 'read' them. Any tips you can give would be great!

Thanks so much!
Linda

Have tons & Inherited More...I have a ton of them; want 1/2? :)
I use the "thanks for recent order" & "tips for successful show" most.
Once in awhile I use the "your about to expire" :p
Try to use "dates to remember" & "mark your calendar"; but it seems email and telephone get the better of me. (time & cost)

Haven't reached director yet, so don't use any of those I have.
Holiday cards, & misc. others; not so much.

I think for the $$ you would spend, it may be less $$ & more personal if you just search around for the info you want & do your own cards on postcard stock from your printer.

I do like the b/w artwork, but I just google PC pictures; and I seem to find loads. (make many of my own post cards)

Now, mind you this is Post Cards. NA for the other stuff is nice; stamps & specific PC stuff. But I also like www.thebooster.com for stickers; prices are better.

That's where I stand. Really, if you want to try some, I'd be happy to share if you pay mailing costs.:rolleyes:

Anyone ever tell you you look like Tori Spelling? (ment as compliment):D

I have some my recruiter gave me and I haven't used them yet. I'd rather send my own letter or call people. Merrill has been the supplier since I started and Nancy's stuff just looks "old fashioned" to me. I don't intend to offend anyone with that comment, but when I see the postcards, stickers, etc it takes me back about 10 years to my first PC experience. That's not really a bad thing, but it just seems old style. Even the red checkerboard takes me back too. I hope that makes sense!

I keep in touch with my future hosts by email or I call them everyone once in a while. I just completed a show in August from a show in February! I send them a monthly newsletter and attach a personal email saying "looking forward to your show in October" If they haven't set the date then I always say "My calendar is starting to fill up and I wanted to give you first choice of the date since you mentioned it so long ago"

Hope this helps!
Joanne

Trust me....I look NOTHING like Tori! But thanks for the compliment.

The ones I 'think' I'm interested in are #150, 151, 152, & 153. Do you have any of those that you want to part with? (Nancy's does have high shipping!)

email me at [email protected] and we can talk about this some more.

Thanks!
Linda

ChefinHarmony said:
I have some my recruiter gave me and I haven't used them yet. I'd rather send my own letter or call people. Merrill has been the supplier since I started and Nancy's stuff just looks "old fashioned" to me. I don't intend to offend anyone with that comment, but when I see the postcards, stickers, etc it takes me back about 10 years to my first PC experience. That's not really a bad thing, but it just seems old style. Even the red checkerboard takes me back too. I hope that makes sense!

I keep in touch with my future hosts by email or I call them everyone once in a while. I just completed a show in August from a show in February! I send them a monthly newsletter and attach a personal email saying "looking forward to your show in October" If they haven't set the date then I always say "My calendar is starting to fill up and I wanted to give you first choice of the date since you mentioned it so long ago"

Hope this helps!
Joanne

Some of it is a little on the 'country' side - which isn't me either, but I do like some of the art work.

I have a show scheduled with someone the end of September who I have only talked to once on the phone since she booked. I'm having a hard time getting in touch with her as she doesn't have an answering system and doesn't respond to my email. I'm wondering if she's having second thoughts about her show. I mailed her a card (cute little note card from Merrill!) today thanking her for booking and stated the date/time of her show and that I'd be in touch in about two weeks to get her host packet to her. I also mentioned that if she needed to get in touch with me prior to that to just give me a call.....maybe that will prompt her to call me. This is the first time I've had this happen so I'm trying to figure out what to do so that I don't offend her and I also don't lose a prime show date.

Linda

You remind me of myself! I've been blessed with great hosts since I started. I giggle at the ones that do everything (follow-up calls, etc) - they aren't the norm I've learned. Well starting in May I had 3 different bookings where I didn't know the Host that well. All of them were really excited to Book a show at the time, but then they were super hard to get in touch with after that initial contact. It drove me nuts! One actually had her phone number disconnected and her Sister-in-law called me to tell me so! None of them would return calls, emails, etc. (One is my good friend's sister - my friend says "stay on her she really wants to Host" but I feel like a pest! And my last call said "listen you have my numbers, I feel like I'm bugging you, so call me if you truly want to do this show" - still haven't heard from her!) Anyway, I just keep doing my job - calling about once a week, not always leaving a message (sometimes their voicemails said "full"), sending letters with the Monthly host special, etc. Two Hosts did eventually return my calls - and both shows turned out well $600 and $800. So, I wouldn't get too worried over it. As long as you do your best, the Host will see you are just being thorough and doing your job!

About Nancy's - I think I would like the stamps better myself. Some of them are cute.

Joanne

I don't get too hung up over the artwork on the cards - I think it's more just about staying in touch & communicating in as many ways possible with your hosts. Because I don't have the time or inclination to design my own cards - I use the Nancy's cards (don't have #'s here)- Thanks For Booking, Dates To Remember, Attendance Is Key, and Time To Call Our Guests.....I mostly give out Host Packets at shows, follow up the next day with the booking postcard...and 2 days later with my first phone call - even if the show is 2 months away....I want to make sure they are looking thru the host folder and still excited about having a show! I stay in contact at least once a week with all of my hosts - via postcard, email, and phone calls....that, along with mailing out invitations, has virtually eliminated last minute cancellations, and has also almost doubled my show average!

Oh - I also use the Nancy's motivational cards with my hosts - You Can Do It!, WOW!, Anyway You Slice It.....etc........Everyone likes encouragement and recognition!:)

I have a few of Nancy's cards that my recruiter gave me. I took them and made me own. The only one I conistently use is the Dates to Remember. I either mail it or put it in the host packet. I bought cards from the Dollar Tree that I send after the show as a Thank You and put a personal note in it.

I keep in touch mainly by phone b/c I like to have that personal conversation. Some are easier by email, so, I do that. I send a monthly newsletter and also most weeks copy the "tip" that is included in Weekly Bites into a seperate email and sent it to my address book. It is short and keeps my name in front of them each week.

I got the host coaching pack (20 each of 5 different ones) and they have made a big difference -- if I can't reach the host by phone, I will leave a message and then send the card with what I was going to say. I find that the postcards get a response that just a phone message would not. I just ordered the catalog show postcards yesterday too.

I got the intro pack and some others. Its not my style, but some of my hosts may really like it. I just used them for the first time and my host has invited 52 people, has 11 RSVP's and one booking promise. So, I think the cards help! Tom Marston uses them, so I figure, if tey work for him, why not me?

I use postcards for host coachingI do use some of the Nancy's postcards and some stickers (use them to decorate host packets). I agree some are getting a bit old looking. I have looked around on other sites (the booster & directly from the heart) I have started making my own cards with ideas from all to customize it to how I want to coach my hosts.

For every host I send a:
Thank you for inviting me into your home PC
Your invites are in the mail (I send their inv) PC
If you call them they will come PC
A personal hand written thank you card

It works good for me. I got sick of paying shipping. I just buy an assortment of colored card stock and print a bunch every so often. I did also invest in a large paper cutter. I know it's a little extra work but in the long run I save money and my cards are custom to how I want to run my business.

etteluap70PC said:
.............I have started making my own cards with ideas from all to customize it to how I want to coach my hosts..........
It works good for me. I got sick of paying shipping. I just buy an assortment of colored card stock and print a bunch every so often. I did also invest in a large paper cutter. I know it's a little extra work but in the long run I save money and my cards are custom to how I want to run my business.

Do you put any clip-art or graphics on them or just 'words'? I was thinking of doing this myself too as I have tons of cardstock and a paper cutter. I like the idea of a graphic as I think it helps draw attention to it and hopefully helps distinguish it from the junk mail.

I do use some simple clip art. I have found a ton on the microsoft website. I use either word or works so it's easiest for me. Again it takes a little time initially but I am now very pleased with the cards I use.

How do you keep track of what cards to send to which host on what day? (did that make sense?) I have several cards but can't seem to get my act together to send any out!!!

Ann F said:
How do you keep track of what cards to send to which host on what day? (did that make sense?) I have several cards but can't seem to get my act together to send any out!!!

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I've been thinking about a system that will keep me straight and remember who gets what and when it was sent. One of the workshops I was in at conference (I don't remember which - Bookings, Recruiting, or Host Coaching - they all kind of run together now!) Suggested a file system that I am trying to implement. It goes something like this:

Have a file box with 4x6 cards. Have tabs in the front numberd 1-31, behind that have tabs labeld Jan-Dec. Keep the current month's activities/follow-up in the day that corresponds to the date that you need to do something. Towards the end of the month bring out the next month's tab and file it in the date tabs....and so on. Right now I'm doing this with my active hosts and my 'maybe hosts'. I intend to add booking and recruiting leads to it once I get more organized.

Since I'm planning to start using the postcard system I thought that as soon as I have someone to file in my box that I'd go ahead and clip all the cards that I want to send to them with their index card (if they are lead, I'll attach those kinds of cards - if they are a host, I'll attach the host appropriate cards) and then file that card under the date that I want to take action, once I've reached the date where I need to either call/email/send a card then I'll move the entire clipped batch to the next date or month that I need to follow-up with them.........

Does this make sense? It does in my brain so I hope it translated well.

I'm also starting to mail invites for my hosts, so I'm trying to get my desk & files more organized for this effort too. And, re-do my host packet info to include this new information.

Any thoughts on this? Any ways/ideas to make life a lttle easier?

I just started this. Makes sense, now - to do it!

I get the impression you think the host is "squishy" and may not hold her show. I suggest you double book that date if the opportunity arises. You can always pass one off to someone on your team if both end up a-go.

If your show were closer I'd use the babysitter trick. I leave a message stating that I'm worried because none of my calls have been returned and I need to know so I can book my sitter.

Or, you can rebook her date if the opportunity arises and then make the original host reschedule since you thought there was no show since she didn't return your calls.

Of course, she could just be wondering why you're calling her so soon when her show is so far off.

Ann F said:

I am going to try to explain this - but It's so much easier to show than to write out (I'm a visual learner!)
In PP, under UPDATE - Go to DEFAULT REMINDER SETTINGS, and you can set in every mailing & phonecall date that you want for each host (you only have to do it one time though) You just set a date by telling the program (for instance) that you want the "Thanks for scheduling a show" postcard sent out 4 weeks before the show...etc.....then, once you have all of those dates set - go to PERSONAL INFO, and under START UP, check off "SHOW DAILY REMINDERS" then, everyday, when you start up PP, you will have a list of mailings and phone calls that need to be done that day. Then, right when you book a show - under the "special shipping, bookings" tab on their order page - click the "Set Action Item Reminders" tab, and all of the dates you need for them will be added to your daily TO DO list. Once you have completed the item, just mark it as completed and it will take it off the list!

I love this system, and it keeps me on track for keeping in touch with hosts!

1. How do I use Nancy's postcards for my Pampered Chef business?

To use Nancy's postcards for your Pampered Chef business, simply fill out the postcard with your contact information and a brief message about your business. Then, hand them out to potential customers or leave them in high-traffic areas for people to pick up.

2. Can I customize the postcards with my own branding and information?

Yes, you can customize Nancy's postcards with your own branding and information by using a postcard template or printing your information directly onto the postcard. Just make sure to follow the guidelines for the postcard size and format.

3. Are Nancy's postcards effective for promoting my Pampered Chef business?

Nancy's postcards have been proven to be effective in promoting Pampered Chef businesses. They are eye-catching, easy to distribute, and can reach a wide audience. Many consultants have seen an increase in leads and sales after using Nancy's postcards.

4. How many postcards should I order for my Pampered Chef business?

The number of postcards you should order for your Pampered Chef business depends on your marketing strategy and budget. It's recommended to start with a smaller quantity and see how they perform before ordering a larger batch.

5. Can I use Nancy's postcards for other direct sales businesses?

While Nancy's postcards were designed specifically for Pampered Chef consultants, they can be used for other direct sales businesses as well. Just make sure to customize the postcards with your own information and branding to fit your specific business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • pc ri lisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76