• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I improve my training as a new director for The Pampered Chef?

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 1 Posted By: farside
Views: 170 Replies: 1 Text
Your Apollo Gel Kit contains: PerfGel Sample, Apollo Gel Book, Apollo Gel Converter, Gel Pen. Its for lighting for studios and theaters.More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

FY: HO is calling...I'm posting this here because I don't want to start something over on CS that might get out of control but wanted to give everyone here a heads-up in case you don't already know...

In speaking to a new consultant (recruited by one of my downline) Saturday, she said to me, "Someone from Pampered Chef called me yesterday." I didn't understand what she meant and I asked her if it was her recruiter and she said no. It was a confusing conversation all around but I didn't really think anything of it until I called one of my personal recruits just now.

She told me that someone from HO called her yesterday and asked her 6 pointed questions... she remembered there were six but didn't remember all of them specifically but here are a few:
"Have you set a goal as to how many PC $$s you would like to earn in your first 90 days?"
"How often has Colleen been in contact with you?"
"Has she been available to answer your questions?" Thankfully she gave me a good review!

VERY INTERESTING!!!! So HO IS following up with new recruits so we better be sure we are as well!!!!

Now off to call my kit-napper (not sure she is but am kinda getting the feeling she's going to do anything) and follow up with her!!!!!

I wish that they would take it a step further and contact "performers" to see how often their directors are calling them too! It shouldn't ge a given that the success comes from your upline, just as it is not the directors fault for failure/inactivity.

I would love it if they would contact EVERYONE about their director... and with that... also ask about accountability on their part. Why I say this is that I have a consultant (not a personal recruit) who complains all the time about everything and that I am no help to her... she refuses to do coaching calls, never returns my phone calls and never comes to team trainings... so I know she would SLAM me if they called her. But it's not like I haven't offered...

Hmmm, that's very interesting. Good idea for posting it here. Thanks!!!:D

finley1991 said:
I would love it if they would contact EVERYONE about their director... and with that... also ask about accountability on their part. Why I say this is that I have a consultant (not a personal recruit) who complains all the time about everything and that I am no help to her... she refuses to do coaching calls, never returns my phone calls and never comes to team trainings... so I know she would SLAM me if they called her. But it's not like I haven't offered...

I totally agree! It's good that they are asking new consultants what they are getting and what they need. I am sure it will help them to fine tune the tools they provide for us!

I hope that if someone slams us they contact us to get our take on the relationship too. We work for a professional company so I doubt 1 or 2 bad comments would cause an issue for anyone.

bethcooks4u said:
I doubt 1 or 2 bad comments would cause an issue for anyone.

I agree...

Maybe they are being proactive as to who is and who is not working with their teams...

This is a very good thing. I am one that does not follow up as much as I should. I won't make excuses because to me (at the time) they seem like good reasons, but I do not have a system set up.

My team continues to grow and function well. Monthly meetings are usually well attended, I have been faithful about newsletters and am available when called.

Even without these calls, I still know that I need to improve!

I had a call with my newest recruit today and she said she reveiced a call. She wasn't able to answer it, but got a message. Kind of weird since she only signed about a week ago...you would think they would wait a bit....or, maybe that is a good thing - what do you all think?

I think the reason they are calling is that if someone does sign, according to the Guide to Supporting New Consultants, by the time HO calls, we should have already made 2 calls to them (1st within 24 hours of them signing and 2nd when they get their kit). They are doing a service to everyone... the new consultant gets a call even if her recruiter is a flake and it also alerts HO as to those who might not even be making an effort to call their recruits or their consultant's recruits. I think it's great and will certainly get me to be more consistent. (I'm sure they will see a trend with people who don't call ever... and maybe they will address it with that person.)Ironically, I did call the lady I thought was the kitnapper and she's really excited to get started and has already RSVPed to my New Consultant Training this month... and such a good lesson for me.. I TOTALLY judged her as being a kitnapper and wasn't even going to call her... I was going to wait to see if she called me. I'm ashamed of myself for even thinking that thought! But now I'm excited to get her to qualify!!!!

Is there a way to track when kits are shipped? Last week was a very out of control week with my son having difficulty in school, job obligations, 2 parties and then having to catch up on office work, it left me little time to do anything (my house is a huge disaster)....especially be on DCS or CS.

Hopefully this feature will be added if it isn't already.

Ann, I've had to call to track kit shipments.

You can open a fed ex tracking on your shipping status and track more shipments. Then click on alternate reference track. Put the new consultant's number in and G000101 (123456G000101) - I'm not sure which letter it is. You have to also know her zip code. If that doesn't work try changing the number to 0002.

I actually do like the idea that home office is calling our new recruits. I think it should help new recruits see the depth of the biz they joined. And, it will probably lead to better questions from our recruits as they get started. And, it will certainly help those of us who recruit to be wiser and prompter in our early follow-up. All good things.

That said, did I miss something, somewhere communicating this new system to consultants? It just seems like we should have been told these calls would start taking place...not find out by unexpected feedback from our new consultants. I have 3 team members who are in the process of signing their first recruits (fingers crossed) and this HO call to their persons might be a little intimidating. Again, I LIKE the action from HO...just feel frustrated that we weren't informed it would start (unless I missed some big memo or something...)

I don't mind the calls - I think it's a good idea. But I didn't get the memo either.

I'm wondering if a consultant on our team signs a new consultant if they'll be asking if they've heard from US as the director, not if they've heard from the recruiter since it's utimately our responsibility to train the brand new consultant. Hmmm, I'm not sure. So far I haven't heard if any of my newer consultants have been contacted, unless they just haven't let me know. Luckily I'm in frequent contact with them.:)

pamperedbecky said:
I'm wondering if a consultant on our team signs a new consultant if they'll be asking if they've heard from US as the director, not if they've heard from the recruiter since it's utimately our responsibility to train the brand new consultant. Hmmm, I'm not sure. So far I haven't heard if any of my newer consultants have been contacted, unless they just haven't let me know. Luckily I'm in frequent contact with them.:)

I wish they had done those calls when my first recruits signed. I helped those I recruited as well as I could but they also recruited and I thought that my director was training all of them. Come to find out later when I became a director and started training them all that she had had no contact with any of them. I felt so bad. I would have done better at trying to help them and my attempts would have at least given them something. I know! I should not have assumed and I should have been building my relationship with them - shoulda, woulda, coulda!:rolleyes:

bethcooks4u said:
I wish they had done those calls when my first recruits signed. I helped those I recruited as well as I could but they also recruited and I thought that my director was training all of them. Come to find out later when I became a director and started training them all that she had had no contact with any of them. I felt so bad. I would have done better at trying to help them and my attempts would have at least given them something. I know! I should not have assumed and I should have been building my relationship with them - shoulda, woulda, coulda!:rolleyes:

Yes, that happened to me too....my director at the time when I started recruiting didn't really do any kind of training with them. No wonder they didn't last long! I still don't think I'm a great director, but I'm trying! With each new person that comes on board, I think I do better and better. I hope!:blushing:

Related to How can I improve my training as a new director for The Pampered Chef?

1. What is included in the Apollo Gel Kit?

The Apollo Gel Kit contains a PerfGel Sample, Apollo Gel Book, Apollo Gel Converter, and a Gel Pen. These items are used for lighting in studios and theaters.

2. How can I obtain the Apollo Gel Kit?

You can obtain the Apollo Gel Kit by using the online coupon or deal from Fatwallet.com. Simply click on the provided link to access the coupon or deal.

3. What is the purpose of the Apollo Gel Kit?

The Apollo Gel Kit is used for lighting in studios and theaters. It contains various items that can help enhance the lighting effects, such as color gels and a converter.

4. Can the Apollo Gel Kit be used for other purposes besides lighting in studios and theaters?

While the Apollo Gel Kit is primarily designed for lighting in studios and theaters, it can also be used for other purposes such as photography or home lighting setups.

5. Is there a cost for the Apollo Gel Kit?

The Apollo Gel Kit is currently being offered for free through Fatwallet.com. However, there may be additional costs for shipping and handling depending on the terms of the coupon or deal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Admin Greg