• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Host a Show for Spanish Speakers...when I'm Not?

In summary, Jennifer did a show with her sister-in-law and it was difficult. She ordered catalogs in Spanish and it helped. Every guest paid in cash which was interesting. Tiffany said that the key to servicing the Spanish speaking community is to sell them the things they will actually use and buy. Jennifer said that the foods are very different if your talking Mexican, Salvadorian, or Puerto Rican.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
Ok, I have officially had 2 parties, and I have 2 more before this one, and I still feel like a newbie. I booked a show with my brother's wife, who is from Mexico and now, after 2 years, speaks and understands English okay. I don't speak Spanish. Just about everyone she's inviting speaks limited English. I think it will be fine...I'll demo the recipes, they see, they eat, they like, they order? Has anyone done this before? If so, any tips? I'm ordering some Spanish paperwork from PC.

I'm going to try to get my brother to be there to help me out by translating, but he thinks it would be waaaay more amusing (for him) if he makes me sweat it out. :rolleyes: Nice, huh?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
I've done a show like this in the past and for me it was sooooo difficult!! The host didn't speak english very well and she was the only translater at her party. Her guests told her that they had a lot of questions but didn't know how to ask them and she didn't know how to translate them very well. You are on the right track with ordering the spanish paperwork and catalogs - I think that will help! My host had a couple of guests who wanted to host shows so I told her I would give them to spanish speaking consultants in my cluster. Good luck!:)
Tiffany

I believe you can get help from a translator at the Spanish HO. It might only be for your downline, but I would ask if you could use it for the host coaching and possibly recruit her. If the host knows what to expect and how to help by translating, the show can be great. Lots of hands-on and lots of stovetop. Bring the cookware - hopefully you have more than just the 8" saute pan. Also, the griddle or double burner griddle is a big draw. I have also sold a lot of Quick Stir Pitchers. Just make the host your business partner!

OK, here's a follow-up on this show....I had NO IDEA what to expect. I didn't even know if my sister-in-law understood what I really wanted her to do for the party but she did great. She invited about 15 people and 9 showed up. Not one of them had ever heard of Pampered Chef.

I did order catalogs in Spanish and that helped tremendously. It ended up being an almost $400 party, which I am happy with. It was kind of awkward because I didn't talk nearly as much as I normally do, I just tried to stick with basic explanations.

Oh, one other interesting thing was that every person paid in cash...two with $100 bills! I started to panic because I didn't think I'd have enough change, but I processed the little orders first and ended up having enough change for the orders with the $100 bills. That was one problem I had not anticipated.

Okay! Now I understand your other post about how much cash to bring to a show! I would think that it is more of a cultural thing - and if you do shows with this group, you probably need to have change on hand!

Have you considered recruiting your SIL? She did a good job hosting - and is bi-lingual - it may be a great opportunity for her!

I've had a few shows with primarily Hispanic guests, and that is true about the cash. It can be nerve-wracking, making sure you have enough change, but at least you don't need to worry about checks bouncing or cards being declined! :)

jennifer
my sil is also from mexico and same situation alot of her friends speak limited english as well as her. therefore she can't/won't do a show for me. if we could get spanish literature here it would likely help but we can only get english and french :(
glad it turned out ok for u:)
i chuckled with the cash thing b/c here most of them are here illegally and are nannies that get paid cash

I believe that the key to really servicing the Spanish speaking community is in selling them the things they will actually use and buy, but you have to paint word pictures and know the foods that they prepare. The foods are also VERY different if your taliking Mexican vs Salvadorian vs Puerto Rican. I do not envy ya--you guys are soo brave doing a show in a room full of people talking about you & your products in a language you don't understand. Great Job!!

It is true if you have a room full of people that do not speak alot of English you'll soon discover that cash is king and alot of times those people will buy the $195 12-Qt stockpot more so than the suburban housewife whose husband is working for Visa, MC and that car they can not afford but want to impress the neighbors with. I hate those kind of shows--if your living in a 4,000 sq ft house and can't afford to place a $60 order I have 2 words for you--Dave Ramsey.

I believe that the key to really servicing the Spanish speaking community is in selling them the things they will actually use and buy, but you have to paint word pictures and know the foods that they prepare. The foods are also VERY different if your taliking Mexican vs Salvadorian vs Puerto Rican. I do not envy ya--you guys are soo brave doing a show in a room full of people talking about you & your products in a language you don't understand. Great Job!!

It is true if you have a room full of people that do not speak alot of English you'll soon discover that cash is king and alot of times those people will buy the $195 12-Qt stockpot more so than the suburban housewife whose husband is working for Visa, MC and that car they can not afford but want to impress the neighbors with. I hate those kind of shows--if your living in a 4,000 sq ft house and can't afford to place a $60 order I have 2 words for you--Dave Ramsey.

I think most of the people that primarily only speak spanish pay in cash because they have not yet acquired the huge debt and mortgages that swallow up pay checks and so they can afford to get their checks cashed and their income to debt ratio is very very low so they are able to buy--you just have to know what to sell.

It is crucial to paint the word pictures and explain the advantages to their cooking. This is a group that will cook at home before way more than the lazy suburban drive-thru mom. To get a group of immigrants (be they legal or not) is a gift because you will find that they will throw down $100 easily on cookware once they hear the guarantee and the advantages. More so than a suburban family living paycheck to paycheck and above their means.

I highly recommend if there is a Fall Hispanic Kick-off in your area, send all potential recruits to it! You leave there feeling so much potential and they teach you all the in & outs of selling to the hispanic community. However the entire thing is Spanish-ONLY & they stick to that. It is so that the ALL the hispanic consultants there feel comfortable.

Heather if you need some spanish paperwork let me know.

Last edited:
marisol
sorry i didnt mean for the comment to be offensive or derogitory(sp) in any way
i love my sil to death as well as her friends they are some of the best people i know :)

unfortunately the immigration system here in canada is horrible and if they come on a visitors visa and decide to stay it takes yrs for their perm. resident card even if they marry(4 yrs after my brother and her got married) it wasn't until she was pregnant that someone pushed it thru for her :(

thanks for the paperwork offer i will let you know :)

Heather, just be aware that if you do a paperwork swap, prices in the Spanish version will be US prices.

oh yeah
thanks ann

heather9892 said:
marisol
sorry i didnt mean for the comment to be offensive or derogitory(sp) in any way
unfortunately the immigration system here in canada is horrible and if they come on a visitors visa and decide to stay it takes yrs for their perm. resident card even if they marry(4 yrs after my brother and her got married) it wasn't until she was pregnant that someone pushed it thru for her :(

thanks for the paperwork offer i will let you know :)

I know you did not. I reposted that a few times and could not get the tone to sound informative. The immigration system here in Texas is a disaster as well. Although, I do not agree with either side completely. I do however believe if they are here, have money & cook--I love them! After the spanish kick off I was ready to buy the 12 qt stockpot at full price and count my blessings whereas before I thought who makes that much soup? LOL--we do for our HUGE family reunions & church families. We were told it is actually one of the very very few pieces aimed directly for the Hispanic market and of tremedous use for Posole, Menudo y Atolle. I want to get one for my mom. If it sells well, PC will consider adding other pieces that are geared to our culture. I personally want a Comal--it is just like stoneware except you can also use it on the stovetop--mostly for Papusas (from El Salvador) and tortillas.

Last edited:
AZPampered Chef said:
Ok, I have officially had 2 parties, and I have 2 more before this one, and I still feel like a newbie. I booked a show with my brother's wife, who is from Mexico and now, after 2 years, speaks and understands English okay. I don't speak Spanish. Just about everyone she's inviting speaks limited English. I think it will be fine...I'll demo the recipes, they see, they eat, they like, they order? Has anyone done this before? If so, any tips? I'm ordering some Spanish paperwork from PC.

I'm going to try to get my brother to be there to help me out by translating, but he thinks it would be waaaay more amusing (for him) if he makes me sweat it out. :rolleyes: Nice, huh?

Jennifer

As I am reading this thread all I can think is RECRUIT THEM!! Your brother's wife AND your brother!!

There is a HUGE demand for Spanish speaking consultants!! If you did well with them when they didn't understand you, just think of how someone would do if they DID understand what the consultant is saying!

I am of Mexican descent, born and raised here, and no -- I do not speak Spanish very well, in fact I almost flunked out of the subject in high school (much to my father's dismay)....but I do know that there are some very successful bilingual consultants in our company. Contact HO for more info!

1. How do I find Spanish-speaking guests to invite to my show?

One option is to reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances who are Spanish speakers and invite them to your show. You can also post on social media and use keywords such as "Spanish-speaking" or "bilingual" to attract potential guests. Another option is to partner with local organizations or churches that serve Spanish-speaking communities and ask if you can promote your show to their members.

2. Can I host a show in Spanish if I don't speak the language fluently?

Yes, you can! Pampered Chef provides resources and materials in Spanish to help you host a successful show, even if you are not fluent in the language. We also offer bilingual consultants who can assist you in hosting the show and communicating with your Spanish-speaking guests.

3. Are there Spanish versions of the products and recipes available?

Yes, many of our products and recipes are available in Spanish. You can view and order them through our website or ask your consultant for assistance in finding specific Spanish versions.

4. How do I make sure my Spanish-speaking guests feel comfortable and included during the show?

It's important to communicate with your guests before the show and let them know that they are welcome and that the show will be conducted in Spanish. During the show, make sure to use simple and clear language, and encourage your guests to ask questions or clarify any doubts they may have. You can also have bilingual materials available for them to read and follow along with during the show.

5. Can I earn the same rewards and benefits when hosting a show for Spanish speakers?

Yes, absolutely! Hosting a show for Spanish speakers does not affect your ability to earn rewards and benefits. As long as your show meets the qualifying criteria, you can earn the same host rewards and discounts as any other show host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered_heathery
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Tash
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg