• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Best to Handle Consultant Gift or Discount

In summary, As someone who loves to feel like I get a "special bonus" when buying, PC is offering a percentage discount on orders of $60 or more. There may be a problem with this, as it would take away from the commission the author receives.
SusanPC
As someone who loves to feel like I get a "special bonus" when buying, I would like to offer, for a limited time, either free shipping or perhaps a percentage discount to customers. Maybe my friends and family are all cheapskates, but I definitely think this would encourage larger orders and help get people hooked on PC!

Is there any problem with me doing this, that is, "eating" the shipping cost or in effective reducing my commission? On the payment screen it has an option for "consultant gift" which made me think perhaps I could use that to put in the amount of the discount for recordkeeping?

Anyone?

Just do your math before you do this. I made a HUGE mistake once from an idea I heard to boost show attendance. The idea was that if you live in a snowy area to offer free shipping to anyone who arrived at a show while it was snowing. I thought that was a great idea so I did that for all of my shows on January... and it ended up costing me $175.Since PC already offers a guest special, I always stick to that now and don't take any more $$$ away from my commission. Plus, I also realized that when I offer above and beyond what PC does, it devalues what they are offering... and the message I am sending is "I have to offer this because what they are offering isn't good enough..." With that, just think it through before you offer it. :)

Yes, on the payment screen put a payment in for what they actually paid then put in another payment as "consultant gift" for the part you are funding. When you print out reports at the end of the year for taxes it will show the total amount and you can write it off.

finley1991 said:
Just do your math before you do this. I made a HUGE mistake once from an idea I heard to boost show attendance. The idea was that if you live in a snowy area to offer free shipping to anyone who arrived at a show while it was snowing. I thought that was a great idea so I did that for all of my shows on January... and it ended up costing me $175.

Since PC already offers a guest special, I always stick to that now and don't take any more $$$ away from my commission. Plus, I also realized that when I offer above and beyond what PC does, it devalues what they are offering... and the message I am sending is "I have to offer this because what they are offering isn't good enough..."

With that, just think it through before you offer it. :)

Wow! That would have taken most of my commission during January and February this year!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! That would have taken most of my commission during January and February this year!:eek:

YUP! It pretty much did eat mine that month!!!! Live and learn...

Finley,

Very good point. My situation is that there are quite a few people I know who are not familiar with PC and there is that initial sticker shock. If in the short-term I give some additional discount then I think it will help them be more willing to try the products. Nothing huge, but a little something.

It snows in my area once in a blue moon. That one wouldn't cost me much, but it wouldn't encourage customers, either!

Thanks, guys!

Maybe offer something free with purchase - but make it something affordable - like the small bamboo spoon set on supply order - or a spice rub.....but I would also set a limit as to how much they need to spend. They get something for free already for spending $60 - so I'm not sure what/where you would set that limit.

1. What is the maximum discount a consultant can offer?

The maximum discount a Pampered Chef consultant can offer is 50% off the retail price. This discount is only available for individual items and not for entire orders.

2. Can a consultant use their discount or gift on personal purchases?

Yes, consultants are able to use their discount or gift on personal purchases. However, this should not be the primary reason for becoming a consultant and should not be abused.

3. How often can a consultant receive a gift or discount?

Consultants are eligible to receive a gift or discount once a month. This can be used for personal purchases or for gifts for friends and family.

4. Can a consultant combine their discount with other promotions or offers?

No, consultants are not allowed to combine their discount with any other promotions or offers. This includes hostess rewards, monthly specials, or any other discounts that may be available.

5. Is there a limit to how many gifts or discounts a consultant can offer to customers?

Yes, consultants are limited to offering a maximum of 5 gifts or discounts per month to customers. This is to ensure fairness and prevent abuse of the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ahinchey
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcjenkunkel