• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Housewarming Party Ideas: Tips for Throwing a Memorable Celebration

In summary, the host is doing a bridal shower-themed housewarming show, and is hoping that guests will purchase items for their new home. Some people may think that the show is more about the host's new home than about the guests, while others may think that the show is more about the guests and the host's new home.
buzz26
Any ideas for housewarming shows?

Is the host hoping that guests will purchase items for their new home (kind of like a shower), or are they simply wanting everyone to see their new home?Either way, one thing you could do is take a look at the new kitchen before the show. Bring and display items that coordinate well with the new kitchen. You can then point out, as you mention each of those products, that they go perfectly in ________' s new home.

raebates said:
Is the host hoping that guests will purchase items for their new home (kind of like a shower), or are they simply wanting everyone to see their new home?

Yes, it's like a shower...for a bachelor. I'm sure people will purchase some for themselves, but mostly it's for him. Plus, all the guests have been to my show lately. They're a big family. I don't want to bore them.

Have him do a wish list, so people know what he'd like to have. Beyond that, I'm out of ideas. I've never done a housewarming.

I am getting ready to do a housewarming. I am doing a spin on a bridal shower. I have all of the products on labels & put on index cards. Then have host make wish list. Set out cards with products that host wants & have guests pick card they wish to purchase. They can also purchase for themselves.

I do mine virtually like the bridail showers I do.

That said, last year I did 2 housewarming shows where it became evident only AT the show that the host had moved in more than 9 months prior.

UUUUUHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....for me it was dfficult to act like this was a true "just moved in,needsome stuff, kind of party"

So....design the sbow how you'd like BUT, my suggestion is to be darn sure about the pertient dates related to the "event"....if it is a very recent date, treat it as a housewarmig; if its a tad past "socially acceptable", then make it more like a real cooking show and try to get the wonderful home owner the things she wants withouht any sense of "deception".

bethsbiz said:

That said, last year I did 2 housewarming shows where it became evident only AT the show that the host had moved in more than 9 months prior.

UUUUUHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....for me it was dfficult to act like this was a true "just moved in,needsome stuff, kind of party"

So....design the sbow how you'd like BUT, my suggestion is to be darn sure about the pertient dates related to the "event"....if it is a very recent date, treat it as a housewarmig; if its a tad past "socially acceptable", then make it more like a real cooking show and try to get the wonderful home owner the things she wants withouht any sense of "deception".

oh dear! that made me laugh though. sometimes people just don't get it;)

bethsbiz said:

I'm curious, what did you end up doing when you found out that it had been at least 9 months prior? I don't know if I could have done the housewarming, but if it was at the show when you found out..... That is crazy that someone would want a housewarming after that amount of time. Oh well, some people just don't get it, do they?

I truly didn't discover how long they'd been in their house until 5 minutes before show time. My fault for not asking this question but I made a (wrong) assumption that a house warming -- where gifts are being requested -- would be promptly after the move. To me -- and many of her guests apparantly -- this was a flat out request for free stuff. (Some of the guests even commented, politely, that they had already given her something when she'd moved in months prior).

The gal got only a handful of items from others of products on her wish list; but she did have a lot of people attend that purchased stuff for themselves so she earned free dollars and host bonus options to get a lot of what she wanted. It was just wierd and I think she knew by my reaction that she'd crossed some type of line on good behavior (IMO).

the guy having the housewarming Saturday is new in town for 2 weeks. his friends are giving it to him b/c he has NOTHING. I'm a bit leary that it's a guy b/c I'm afraid I'll say something dumb b/c I'm used to it being women. He has a wishlist and he has a great group of friends so I hope they pull through. I'll let you all know how it goes.

1. What are some creative housewarming party themes?

Some popular housewarming party themes include a backyard barbecue, a wine and cheese tasting, a game night, a potluck, or a DIY cocktail party. You can also consider a theme related to the new home's location or decor, such as a beach-themed party for a coastal home or a rustic farmhouse theme for a country house.

2. How should I invite guests to my housewarming party?

You can send out traditional paper invitations, but electronic invitations or a simple text message can also work well for a casual housewarming party. Be sure to include all the important details, such as the date, time, location, and any special instructions or requests.

3. What type of food should I serve at a housewarming party?

It's always a good idea to have a mix of savory and sweet options for your guests. Finger foods, dips, and small bites are perfect for a casual gathering. You can also consider setting up a self-serve food station, such as a taco bar or a build-your-own sandwich station, which allows guests to customize their own meals.

4. Should I have activities or games at my housewarming party?

It's not necessary to have structured activities or games, but they can be a fun addition to the party. You can set up a DIY photo booth with props, have a game of "guess the housewarming gifts," or plan a scavenger hunt around the new home to help guests explore and get to know the space.

5. What are some thoughtful housewarming party favors?

Some ideas for housewarming party favors include small potted plants, homemade baked goods, personalized coasters or kitchen towels, or a small jar of homemade jam or honey. You can also consider giving out small gifts related to the theme of the party, such as a mini bottle of wine for a wine and cheese tasting or a deck of cards for a game night.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kncmurray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TammyStar
  • brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies