• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Show: How Do I Get My 30% Discount?

haha! I always do my shows in my husband's name and then the reciept will be in the name of someone on my tax return.
jenniferp417
Hosting a show - My 30%?If I host a show - I don't get commission on my order, but I do get 30% off... how do I *get* that 30%?I'm poking around in P3 and don't see anything.I did check the "consultant as host" option.

Last edited:
You will only get 30% off as host if your show sales exceed $800. When you put in your host order it will automatically give the appropriate discount after your free merchandise total is used up. Hope that makes sense. I haven't updated to P3 yet sooooo not sure what to tell you about that.

That does make sense. Somewhere in Recipe for Success it said I got 30%. Of course I can't find it now. It makes more sense that it's referring to the "up to 30%" a host can get.I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing out on something I was entitled to.

I've done open houses and such and used my mom as the host. I gave the card to my mom for host 10% off and she let me have the free product, and half priced items that were earned. You may want to consider doing that. Also, when someone books, then you will be able to get the host special at their show (or your AKA mom can)

I always do shows I do in my mom or dad's name. then if you have any bookings you can get the booking benefit in their name and if you order anything you can earn commission on it too.

But, think about tax stuff for 2007...if the receipt is in your mom's name, or anyone else's, you may not want to include it as an expense. I wish someone had mentioned that before I spent all of my SS commission on products under other's names...

jenniferknapp said:
But, think about tax stuff for 2007...if the receipt is in your mom's name, or anyone else's, you may not want to include it as an expense. I wish someone had mentioned that before I spent all of my SS commission on products under other's names...

You could have listed them as a Consultant Gift when paying for everything Jennifer. Anytime that I have a show short I put in an order in my Best Friends name and I always list it as Consultant gift. I do that also when I pay someone's shipping or have a Tax free sale. Then when I run my Expense and Income report it is always listed there as one of my expenses!

HTH~

That is a great idea for smaller amounts....But, only up to $25 a show....I couldn't possibly have spent my entire $1000 in commission on consultant gifts last year!!

jenniferknapp said:

Normally, I do not order anything extra unless it is the Host Special. Sometimes I show a consultant gift. I just use the FPV. Other times, I just do not care b/c with the price cut I am getting with the special I do not worry about taxes.

Anything big I will do in my husband's name and then the reciept will be in the name of someone on my tax return. Like the cookware I am hoping to buy withthe show I am collecting for Feb 1st submission!

I am so horrible about keeping tax records that it doesn't matter if I put something in my mom's or daughter's name!

Related to Hosting a Show: How Do I Get My 30% Discount?

1. How do I earn a 30% discount when hosting a show?

To earn a 30% discount when hosting a show, all you need to do is invite your friends and family to attend your cooking party. For every $200 in sales from your show, you will receive a 30% discount on any Pampered Chef products of your choice.

2. How many guests do I need to have at my show to get the 30% discount?

You do not have to have a certain number of guests to receive the 30% discount. As long as your show's total sales reach $200, you will automatically receive the discount.

3. Can I combine my 30% discount with other promotions or discounts?

No, the 30% discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. However, you can use it on any regular-priced item of your choice.

4. How long do I have to use my 30% discount?

Your 30% discount is valid for 60 days after your show date. Make sure to use it before it expires!

5. Can I use my 30% discount online or only at my show?

You can use your 30% discount both online and at your show. Simply enter the promo code given to you at your show when checking out online, or present the code to your Pampered Chef consultant at the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
leftymac