• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Catalog Party: Disaster or Delight?

give her a citrus peeler and a SB for her 'hard work' on her catalog show, add it to another show (a host who is actually working on something) and forget about it.
LBurke
Why on earth would someone agree to host a show and then not even work hard enough to get $150 in orders?! I just got off the phone with a catalog host who gave me every excuse in the book as to why she hasn't gotten any more orders! (She's in ds with a company that makes their own 'potions'... I met her at a vendor expo.)
When I tried to help her come up with ideas of who else she might ask, she said she had a strick policy that she doesn't bother her family and friends with this kind of thing! WHAT?:confused: Um, I'm sorry, but can you tell me why you agreed to do a show to begin with then? Who does she expect to place orders?
This is my first catty and its' been a disaster. Everytime I talk to her on the phone she wants to chat about the next fair she has coming up and I can't get a work in edgewise.
She has about $100 in orders and I've told her I'd like to wrap up by Friday. What do I do with them if she can't come up with enough to make a show? She may be willing to make a purchase to throw herself over, I don't know. If not, do I submit them as individual sales? Throw them on my next party (it's a friend's)?
Oh, and I called my host for next Friday after I got off with the 'potion lady' and she can't get a commitment on attendance (but should have enough for a catty and wants to rebook from herself).
ARGH! Sorry this is long.
On a more positive note, my host for Tuesday in Utah has 12 confirmed guests :D some of whom have rsvp'd to bring guests and 6-8 who are unsure! Woo hoo! :cool:

I would collect the orders from her, give her a citrus peeler and a SB for her 'hard work' on her catalog show, add it to another show (a host who is actually working on something) and forget about it. We can't make hosts do anything - and we can't strangle them either! Some are just uncoachable, imho. If this is the attitude she has had with this show, imagine what she does in her own business!

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder how she is surviving in her business?

pamperedharriet said:
Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder how she is surviving in her business?

She probably doesn't ask here family and friends for orders unless they are for her stuff! They are probably sick of her asking!!:D

OK, so I can be a bit mean sometimes, sorry!!:p

I never count on a catalog show if it turns out it is a plus. So many don't realize they have to actually ask people if they want to order they think people will just call them out of the blue to order PC> THat said I am closing a $400 catty this weekend (I have the orders she is deciding what she wants) So I always book the catty show but never think of it as sales until they actually give me orders.

ljeffries said:
I would collect the orders from her, give her a citrus peeler and a SB for her 'hard work' on her catalog show, add it to another show (a host who is actually working on something) and forget about it. We can't make hosts do anything - and we can't strangle them either! Some are just uncoachable, imho. If this is the attitude she has had with this show, imagine what she does in her own business!

GREAT IDEA-just goes to show "you can lead a Host to orders..."

Something that I have started doing for catty shows - if the host gets $300 or more, I turn it in as a cooking show. I don't tell them I am going to do this, it is a 'reward'.

ljeffries said:
Something that I have started doing for catty shows - if the host gets $300 or more, I turn it in as a cooking show. I don't tell them I am going to do this, it is a 'reward'.
I used to do this but we aren't supposed to and I got to thinking it is only hurting my sales they most likely will order the extra $15 either then or eventually from you so that lost me the sale so I no longer do.

ljeffries said:

After collecting the catalog show orders, you can always suggest a quick, informal get-together with the host and a few others (i.e. the host's mother, sister, best friend and maybe a neighbor). You can do a quick demo. That way, you can tell the host that will count as a cooking show and she'll get the extra host benefits!

And it's easier to book a show when you meet people in person than from a regular catalog show. (Although I have booked a catalog show off of another catalog show...the host told me her friend wanted to book a catalog show as well! That was nice...)

Sorry about the previous hijack, Laurie! In any case, I'd do what Lamar suggested. Since she didn't work hard enough to make it a show anyway, PC doesn't reward it anyway, so why should you worry about it?

ljeffries said:

1. Can anyone host a catalog party?

Yes, anyone can host a catalog party! It's a great way to earn free and discounted products without the hassle of planning and hosting a traditional in-home party.

2. How does a catalog party work?

A catalog party is simple - as a host, you will receive a physical or digital copy of our product catalog and order forms. You can then share these with your friends, family, and coworkers to browse and place orders. You will collect the orders and submit them to Pampered Chef, and we will ship the products directly to your guests.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for a catalog party?

No, there is no minimum sales requirement for a catalog party. However, the more orders you and your guests place, the more free and discounted products you can earn as a host.

4. How long does a catalog party last?

A catalog party typically lasts for 10-14 days, but you can discuss the timeline with your consultant and adjust it to fit your schedule and the needs of your guests.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a catalog party?

Hosting a catalog party is a great way to earn free and discounted products, without the time and effort of hosting a traditional in-home party. You can also earn exclusive host rewards and discounts, and your guests can shop from the comfort of their own homes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
Wildfire