• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Discounts & Free Products- Help

In summary, the hostess earned $60 in free products, 2 half priced items plus 20% off all other things.
its_me_susan
I'm about to close my first show.... the hostess has earned $60 in free products, 2 half priced items plus 20% off all other things.

Do any of you know for sure how this works?

on the list of things that she buy at 20% off, can the host use my $60
“free” stuff to deduct from that total? Sorry to keep asking so many questions –

I'm exhausted, can anyone answer this for me, please,

Here's how I enter things into PP. First enter her half-price items. You'll see that a check mark should go in the "H" column for those items. Then enter all the products she wants for free. Once she goes above the $60 she gets for free, the 20% discount will kick in. She can't apply the free product value to the remainder of the 1/2 price items. I hope this makes sense. She also can't "buy" the host special with the free product value. It's totally separate. I hope this all makes sense. The nice thing is PP pretty much does this for us.

I hope that answers your questions! I remember how nerve wracking it was to do my first show. If I'm not making it clear, post another question and I'll try to answer!

How I do it!I enter in everything that she wants for free. So in your case I would enter the things she wants to get with her $60 in Free Product Value. Then I enter in the items that she wants to buy for 1/2 price. MAKE SURE THE H BOX IS CLICKED FOR THOSE 2 ITEMS!!! So say in your case the host wants to buy the Chopper and the Ultimate Slice and Grate for half price. I would enter them in PP and click the H box beside them. (It's all the way on the right-hand side) Then I enter in the stuff she wants to buy with her discount.

HTH

I always enter the half price items first because if you don't the program will "think" you want the next prodict at half price and you have to keep remembering to click off the x under "H".

They have made Pampered partner very user friendly! Once you've done it a few times you'll see! I often get on the phone while a new consultant enters her first shows to help walk her through it - is your recruter or director available to you?

You ladies are the best!

Here's something my director sent me (I am saving ALL of this information ob a separate document to review when I close!

A $150 catalog show will receive a 15% off discount on anything in the catalog. There is no free product value until a show reaches the $200 mark. Look in the inside back cover of the new catalog for the chart. The current catalog's chart only really shows kitchen show benefits.

Last edited:
Confused about CataloguesSusan;

Okay, I'm confused. Is this another one of those U.S./Canada things that end up making me crazy?? I thought you couldn't even enter a show in PP unless it was a $200 minimum. (in Canada it's $200, in US it's $150, as far as I know). But I wasn't aware that if a catalogue show didn't reach the "show minimum" that it could even still be entered??
I have 2 cat. shows going right now, but they are my first and I've never entered one in before. Can anybody clarify this for me?
Thanks
D.C.

You can enter them into pp as usual. but if the show does not reach 150. then the customers get charged extra shipping.

extra shipping?All the customers individually? (as if they were all individual orders)?
And does the "host" still recieve a discount?

D.C.

Nope, the host doesn't receive anything. It's not considered a show, so she can't be the host. Hopefully that'll motivate hosts to get to the minimum!

ThanksThanks for the info!

D.C.

pamperedbecky said:
Nope, the host doesn't receive anything. It's not considered a show, so she can't be the host. Hopefully that'll motivate hosts to get to the minimum!

If at the end you know the hostess worked REALLY hard looking for sales and was easy to work with, can you change the status to "kitchen" show so she at least gets $15 in free product and 15% off?

Absolutly , honestly how are is Ho ever going to know if you went to do a show or just did a catalog show ? I know it sounds bad but sometimes you just need to do something to motavate people to get that catalog out there ! I do it if they go anything over $300.00, i have found it really works! I also offer the catalog show host $5.00 for every booking she receives , I pay the $5.00. I will pay someone $5.00 to do a kitchen show ! We all know that you will make a lot more than $5.00!!Plus you never know what kind of leads you will get form a show !! :)

What discounts and free products can a hostess receive?

As a hostess, you can earn discounts on Pampered Chef products based on the total sales from your party. You can also receive free products based on the number of guests who attend your party and the total sales from your party. The more sales and guests you have, the more discounts and free products you can earn.

How can a hostess redeem their discounts and free products?

Once your party has closed, your consultant will contact you to let you know the total sales and the amount of discounts and free products you have earned. You can then use these discounts to purchase any Pampered Chef products you want. Your free products will be automatically added to your order.

Is there a limit to the discounts and free products a hostess can receive?

There is no limit to the amount of discounts and free products a hostess can receive. The more successful your party is, the more rewards you can earn. Your consultant will work with you to make sure you receive the maximum benefits for your party.

Can a hostess combine discounts and free products with other promotions?

Yes, a hostess can combine their discounts and free products with other promotions or sales that Pampered Chef may have at the time. This allows you to maximize your savings and get even more products for your money.

How long are hostess discounts and free products valid for?

Hostess discounts and free products are valid for up to 60 days after the date of your party. This gives you plenty of time to redeem your rewards and choose the products you want. After 60 days, your discounts and free products will expire and cannot be used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • Amagil
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef