• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants Kabobs for Aug. Show

Grill show with kabobs, I usually suggest that they purchase the supplies they will need like skewers, cutlery, and a grill. I might also suggest a few recipes like shrimp with a teriyaki sauce, chicken with a chimichurri sauce, or beef tips with a BBQ sauce. I would never suggest that I do the show for them, as it would become too much of a burden for me and I would not be able to provide the quality of service that I want to.
chefKristal
I just got a booking from a show tonight and the host wants a outdoor grilling show. She wants to do Kabobs with the skewer set. She wants to do shrimp, chicken, beef. I am not a griller. Please help with ideas/recipes.
Thanks in advance, still learning.

Here are some product ideas:
Flexible cutting mats for the different meats
Cutlery
Skewers
Veggie Wedger
our rubs

Rub the meats and shrimp with some different rubs and skewer with things like onions, mushrooms, tomatoes in between them and grill. Since the pieces are small they do not take too long to cook.

At these shows you could also use the pineapple wedger for some fresh pineapple and put it on a grill tray and grill it - yes, grill it. It makes it sweeter and so much better. I have taken the raspberry habenero sauce and the chili lime rub and put over the grilled pineapple and it is amazing...the sweet with the heat is a real hit.

Hope your show goes wonderfully!

Sometimes it has been recommended to make each skewer one product--meat takes longer to cook, so put all the meat on one skewer, etc.

Thank you so much for the ideas!

It's actually usually the case that the veggies take longer to cook, because the meat pieces tend to be so small. Potatoes, Onions, & other hearty veggies will take longer than a 1 inch cube of chicken. When you put them on the same skewer, you risk overcooking the meat. We always do teriyaki skewers here, I bet the teriyaki/honey sauce would be good brushed onto meat & veggies to be grilled.

I'm not suggesting this, but I am asking others: Is it "ok" to tell a host who wants something like this one does (Grill show with kabobs) that you can't do that? If someone asked ME that, (1) I don't own the kabobs, (2) I don't do very well on the grill (my DH does it all), and (3)...YUCK- being outside this time of year around here is not fun! :) (93 today- typical summer weather).I'm all for hosts wanting to get what they want to a point, but if it's just not doable, what is the etiquette for saying 'no' or how to suggest something ELSE? Typically, I have suggestions already for my hosts before they tell me, and usually they go with that. I know some of you have set shows you do no matter what.Back to the ORIGINAL POST: I would definitely make sure the HOST purchases those groceries! Especially the meat, if she's wanting shrimp, etc. That would be expensive. And be careful that it doesn't become you catering for her. Having fancy meats like shrimp, that's what it sounds like to me. You can do the same thing with the cheaper beef tips or chicken breast (on sale). Veggies are cheap. Don't plan on making one per guest either! One PIECE of meat, a couple pieces of veggies per guest...that would be the most I would do.

esavvymom said:
I'm not suggesting this, but I am asking others: Is it "ok" to tell a host who wants something like this one does (Grill show with kabobs) that you can't do that? If someone asked ME that, (1) I don't own the kabobs, (2) I don't do very well on the grill (my DH does it all), and (3)...YUCK- being outside this time of year around here is not fun! :) (93 today- typical summer weather).

I'm all for hosts wanting to get what they want to a point, but if it's just not doable, what is the etiquette for saying 'no' or how to suggest something ELSE? Typically, I have suggestions already for my hosts before they tell me, and usually they go with that. I know some of you have set shows you do no matter what.

Back to the ORIGINAL POST: I would definitely make sure the HOST purchases those groceries! Especially the meat, if she's wanting shrimp, etc. That would be expensive. And be careful that it doesn't become you catering for her. Having fancy meats like shrimp, that's what it sounds like to me. You can do the same thing with the cheaper beef tips or chicken breast (on sale). Veggies are cheap. Don't plan on making one per guest either! One PIECE of meat, a couple pieces of veggies per guest...that would be the most I would do.

The best way I can describe how I handle this is for it to never become an issue in the first place. I pretty much take control of the show from the time I book it.

When they book a date, I explain the process....getting addresses to me, doing online and facebook invites, blah blah blah...and then I usually say something like this: "Right now, what we want to work on is inviting people to your show, and being excited about it! When we get a bit closer to the time of the show, I will be discussing with you the different options for A (as in ONE ;)) Demo recipe. Once we know more of a ballpark number for guest attendance, it will be easier to decide what type of demo we will do. Now, just to start the process - would you be more interested in an Appetizer demo, or a Main Dish demo? (I don't do dessert demos)...

And that's how I start my host coaching. So the expectation for what we will do is there right from the beginning, and they know that I will be giving them their option at a later date.

1. Can I use any type of meat for the kabobs?

Yes, you can use any type of meat for the kabobs such as chicken, beef, shrimp, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

2. What vegetables are best for kabobs?

Some popular options for kabobs include bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. However, feel free to use any vegetables that you and your guests enjoy!

3. Do I need any special equipment to make kabobs?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, using metal skewers or soaking wooden skewers in water before using them can prevent the food from sticking.

4. Can I prepare the kabobs ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the kabobs a few hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

5. How should I cook the kabobs?

You can cook the kabobs on a grill, in the oven, or on a stovetop grill pan. Make sure to rotate them occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsarab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Suzyengl