• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Rewards Vs Registry Rewards

In summary, the benefits to the bride between a bridal shower and wedding registry are as follows: -The shower gifts are shipped right away -If the bride has out of town friends, she comes out ahead if they order through the shower or the registry -Having both a shower and registry is redundant -The shower is always better for people that cannot attend the bridal show -The registry is great for someone who does not want to do
MomToEli
I have just booked my first bridal shower and wedding registry. Can someone please explain to me the difference in benefits to the bride between the two?

Are registry gifts shipped right away?

If she has out of town friends that can't make the shower, does she come out ahead if they order through the shower or the registry?

Is having both redundant?

Do the shower first. Have her friends order on the shower as the FPV is unlimited, whereas the registry rewards are capped at $200.

Then after the shower if there is anything left on her wish list, you can set up a registry.

Yep! What Deb said!

I just had a $1500 Bridal Shower.......the bride set up a registry a couple of weeks before the shower - but after the shower, most of the stuff on the registry had to be deleted - now she has a whole new registry set up w/ the things that were on her "wish" list, not her "need" list!

Bridal Shows are the way to go!I would recommend booking the bridal show first ALWAYS if possible because this allows you to give the most rewards to the bride and groom. The Registry Rewards are capped at $200, so if your bride registers for $3,000 in products, she'll only get benefits of a $1,000 show. I explain this to prospective shower/registry couples so that they understand their options. If doing a shower is not possible, then I recommend the registry. The registry is great for someone who has no intention of having the bridal show with a consultant but I have to say that the bridal show was the most fun I've ever had as a consultant at a show. It's really great. The other big factor that is different between a bridal show and the registry is that if people at the bridal show order products for themselves and the bride, the host (bride or otherwise) gets credit for ALL products sold towards the host rewards. If a bride does the registry she only gets host credit for items bought on her registry. If people go to her registry and decide to order items for themselves separately, she will not see any extra host credit for those items.

As a consultant your income is essentially the same because there is no cap to what you earn when the products are sold, but I feel that the bridal show is so much better because it gives you the opportunity to create a relationship with both the bride/groom and the guests which will encourage future sales, bookings, and possibly new team members.

I feel that the registry is great because it helps us compete with other online companies (i.e. target, macys, etc.) and people can choose to set it up through the web and never have to deal with a consultant. That's great if it helps us compete but this is a relationships business and anytime you have the opportunity to provide your personalized services over an online registry I say DO IT!!! Best wishes to you and let me know if you would like any ideas for the bridal shower.

MomToEli said:
I have just booked my first bridal shower and wedding registry. Can someone please explain to me the difference in benefits to the bride between the two?

Are registry gifts shipped right away?

If she has out of town friends that can't make the shower, does she come out ahead if they order through the shower or the registry?

Is having both redundant?

Yes, the registry gifts are shipped right away. If you have a personal website, go ahead and put her bridal show in as a show and have her send the email invitations to the out of town friends. You may want to work ahead with her to generate a wish list and keep the list updated. It will probably be a lot of work for you. If people have already started ordering on the registry, she might as well go ahead and have them order that way if they are out of town. Gift Certificates are also an option...

We've developed her wish list, I've set up her bridal show on my website. The shower is 8/4 and the wedding is the end of August. Is that enough time (waiting until after the shower) for the registry to be open?

She is also registered at BBB and another store I can't think of right now - BBB would be the one that would compete with us actually. She did this before I had talked to her.

If we don't set up the registry now, do we have her send anything out with her invitations? Those are going to be going out soon.

And, yes, I'm wide open for ideas on what to do at the shower. I know I want to have an apron signed to present to her (I've already ordered that). I want to have her decorate a Bride Cake, which I will prebake in the batter bowl and will have all of the goodies for.

This young lady is a very good friend of mine - like a daughter. She had registered, etc, before I became a consultant. I am going over early in the day and she, her maid of honor (also a good friend and the bride's best friend) and I are going to prepare all the food except probably Tomato Basil Pizza, which we will do at the shower.

I'm thinking of using cards with her wish list items so people can select what to get her. She has her list broken down into want really bad and would be nice to have categories.

I'm not sure what else to share -- I just know I want this to be a CLASS act all the way. I don't mind putting some of my own money into this one - it will be my gift to her. So, bring on the ideas and thanks for letting me think this through out loud!

I would go over her BBB registry list against the PC one and help her modify it.

That's a great idea. Our tools blow theirs out of the water.

MomToEli said:
If we don't set up the registry now, do we have her send anything out with her invitations? Those are going to be going out soon.....
Absolutely, you must send something out with the shower invitations letting people know that this is a PC Bridal Shower. Otherwise, everyone will show up with a gift! When I did a shower for my SIL, I used some of the text from the PC Invite, but created my own instead. If there are already purchased invites, print something up so that the guests know that they don't need to bring a gift ahead of time. :)

Crystal, did you keep your invites and would you be willing to share?

I know I have to say something about it in the shower invitation. I was refering to the wedding invitations. I want to be sure to reference the registry in those, and they will go out before the shower.

After talking it through with the bride, we did start the registry, but only listed more expensive, wedding type presents. Whatever she doesn't get at her shower we will add to the registry afterwards. We really didn't think it would be a good idea to reference the website for the registry and then not have one set up!

Lesson #1 - talk to brides MUCH sooner than 2 months before the wedding!

I'm confused!I have my first bridal shower in Aug also. My question is....how does she do the online registry but count toward the "show"? Does she go ahead and do the online registry but not tell anyone and have it printed out what she wants or do they look and then buy at the show???

The registry and the show are completely different. Do the Wedding SHOWER first. Do NOT set up the registry for the shower!!! Once the shower is over, set up the REGISTRY with what is left.

I have a bride that is getting married January of 2008. She has set up a wedding registry and plans on putting our registry cards in the invitations I believe. Her mother mentioned possibly having a PC bridal shower. Do I have her keep her registry online? Should she not send the registry cards in with the wedding invitations? This is my first wedding registry. Kind of confused on how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry to hijack the post for myself.

cmdtrgd said:
The registry and the show are completely different. Do the Wedding SHOWER first. Do NOT set up the registry for the shower!!! Once the shower is over, set up the REGISTRY with what is left.

So do we (the bride and I) need to make a wish list to hand out or put with the invitations so people know what she wants?

What are Host Rewards?

Host Rewards are incentives offered by Pampered Chef to individuals who host a party and invite their friends and family to purchase products. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only items.

What are Registry Rewards?

Registry Rewards are incentives offered by Pampered Chef to individuals who create a registry and invite their friends and family to purchase products for them. As a registry owner, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive registry-only items.

Can I earn both Host Rewards and Registry Rewards?

Unfortunately, you cannot earn both Host Rewards and Registry Rewards for the same party. However, you can choose which type of rewards you would like to earn for your party.

How do I redeem my Host Rewards or Registry Rewards?

To redeem your rewards, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Redeem My Rewards" button. You will then be able to select the products you would like to redeem with your rewards.

Do Host Rewards and Registry Rewards expire?

Yes, both Host Rewards and Registry Rewards have an expiration date. Host Rewards expire after 60 days from the date of the party, while Registry Rewards expire after 90 days from the date the registry was created.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefdianne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
christy_c
  • erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies