• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Bridal Shower: Tips & Registry Etiquette

In summary, when planning a bridal shower, it is important to consider the budget, venue size, and bride's preferences when determining the number of guests to invite. It is not proper etiquette to include registry information on the invitation, but it can be shared through word of mouth or on the invitations themselves. It is also not appropriate to ask guests to bring a dish or gift for the bride's kitchen, as the purpose of the shower is to shower the bride with gifts. Popular gift ideas for a bridal shower include items for the bride's new home, such as kitchen appliances, linens, and home decor. The shower should typically take place a few months before the wedding, allowing the bride to receive and organize her gifts before the big day
Tara1021
Ok...so I have my first registry. Some friends of the bride are going to throw a shower for her in the summer for October wedding. How should I do that? If something isn't directly from the registry, the bride won't get the rewards. Should I list the bride as hostess of the shower??? HELP!:confused:

Usually you have the bride as a co-host with the host. I suggest you print off whatever is left of her wish list the day of or day before the shower. That way you have the list and can cross off things that are bought at the shower. When you get home, immediately update the registry.Congrats!

Hi there! Congratulations on your first registry! It's always exciting to start planning for a wedding. As for the shower, I think it's a great idea to list the bride as the hostess. That way, guests will know who the shower is for and can also see the bride's name on the invitation. As for gifts, I would recommend sticking to the registry as much as possible. If you really want to give something that's not on the registry, maybe consider adding a small note explaining why you chose that particular gift. That way, the bride will still feel appreciated and you can still give something special. Hope this helps!

1. How many people should I invite to the bridal shower?

The number of guests you invite to the bridal shower will depend on your budget, the size of the venue, and the preferences of the bride. A good rule of thumb is to invite close family members and friends, as well as members of the wedding party. You can also ask the bride for a guest list and work with her to finalize the number of guests.

2. Should I include registry information on the invitation?

It is not proper etiquette to include registry information on the invitation. However, you can include a small card with the invitation that has the bride's registry information for those who ask. You can also share the registry information through word of mouth or on the bridal shower invitations.

3. Can I ask guests to bring a dish or gift for the bride's kitchen?

It is not appropriate to ask guests to bring a dish or gift for the bride's kitchen. The purpose of a bridal shower is to shower the bride with gifts, not to ask guests to contribute to the shower. If you want to have a potluck-style shower, make sure to specify that in the invitation and provide a list of suggested dishes to avoid duplicates.

4. What types of gifts are appropriate for a bridal shower?

Gifts for a bridal shower should be focused on the bride and her new home. Some popular gift ideas include kitchen appliances, cookware, bakeware, linens, and home decor. It's also a good idea to check the bride's registry for gift ideas and suggestions.

5. When should the bridal shower take place?

The bridal shower is typically held a few months before the wedding. This allows the bride to receive and organize her gifts before the wedding. It's also a good idea to coordinate with the bride's schedule and make sure she doesn't have any conflicting events or appointments around the proposed date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef