• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Packets: Creative Ideas for Catching Clients' Attention

In summary, the conversation revolves around ideas for host packets and the best way to present information to hosts. Some suggestions include using only materials provided by the company, highlighting important information and simplifying the packet by eliminating unnecessary flyers. The conversation also mentions using host coaching calls to provide additional information and not including recipes or menu suggestions in the packets.
pcmomof2or3
I was wondering if anyone had any new ideas on host packets (folders with all the information in it). A lot of my clients say they don't read all those sheets I have in there unless it catches their eyes or it may only be the first sheet in the folder that they read. Looking for some fresh ideas.

I used to add all kinds of flyers and stuff but saw way too many of them having not been touched except to get the catalogs out. I have tried host coaching with "let's get that packet out and go over a couple of things" but that didn't go over well with a lot of "busy" people either. They would "look at it when they got off the phone"...

Now I send only:
1. PC's host planner
2. flyer with the monthly host and guest specials
3. several outside order forms (the one we can download from HO with the guest specials on it)
4. catalogs
5. Your life your way brochure
6. recipe cards if they haven't told me they wanted me to send them out (I write a note by the inviting part of the host planner that I would be happy to do this if they change their mind and want me to.

I highlight, write and add stickers all over the host planner - it has EVERYTHING that those other flyers had. I bring attention to them with my extra notes and stickers. I used to add a letter but they didn't always see it and the host planner really says everything that I had in the letter except that I will send invitations.

That's all we need. The things HO provides for us. It's more professional and easier. HO listens to us and has incorporated a lot of the things we have created on our own. Why reinvent the wheel?

I do not include recipes or menu suggestions - that's reserved for host coaching calls. I use the do you love a bargain flyer when host coaching to entice her to get more (or some) bookings and I leave a copy with her when I leave her show.

Over the years, I've greatly simplified my host packs, and I think that I'm going to take it another step simpler again. I currently include:
HO materials:
  • Show planner
  • Your Life Your Way brochure
  • Monthly specials (host and guest)
  • catalogs
  • guest list labels
My materials:
  • Two hostesses poem
  • 10 steps to a $1000 show sheet
  • OOFs (I use generic ones so I don't have to reprint them every month)
  • 40 guests in 4 minutes sheet
  • 2 stamped addressed envelopes (one for guest list, one for outside orders - they'll mail that one to me after we close)

I'm going to eliminate the 2 extraneous flyers: 2 hostesses and 10 steps. It's just too much to keep track of when I'm making my packets (I make up 10 at a time, and just grab them from the shelf when I pack for shows - mail the host the appropriate specials).

chefann said:
Over the years, I've greatly simplified my host packs, and I think that I'm going to take it another step simpler again. I currently include:
HO materials:
  • Show planner
  • catalogs
  • guest list labels
My materials:
  • Two hostesses poem
  • 2 stamped addressed envelopes (one for guest list, one for outside orders - they'll mail that one to me after we close)

I'm going to eliminate the 2 extraneous flyers: 2 hostesses and 10 steps. It's just too much to keep track of when I'm making my packets (I make up 10 at a time, and just grab them from the shelf when I pack for shows - mail the host the appropriate specials).
You could skip the 40 guests in 4 minutes too. Highlight the list of suggested people that HO privides on the guest list in the show planner.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions. I think keeping it simplified and utilizing the materials that PC provides is more the way to go! Thanks again!

chefann said:
HO materials:
  • Show planner
  • catalogs
  • guest list labels
My materials:
  • Two hostesses poem

I would like to add a poem that I read in my friends host package loooong time ago it is something about 2 hostesses. Would you share yours maybe it is the one I`m looking for.

Thanks in advance.

This is the Two Hostesses poem.

Attachments

• TwoHostesses.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 237
I put my host packets in folders. They have pockets on front and back, and 3-hole page holder in the middle.

I put 3 page protectors in the middle, and place my Host Letter in the first one, then the "Host Flyer" (from supply) in the second one, then the host and guest specials for that month in the 3rd one (so they don't miss them).

In the front pocket, I put the Show Planner, the 40 invitations, and 3 recipes to choose from (I do the same 3 recipes all season).

In the back pocket, I put three catalogs, 10 outside order forms, and the "Your Life Your Way" brochure. That's it.

The feedback I've gotten from hosts (esp. repeat hosts) is that they like the folder with pockets. It helps them stay orgainzed, and they know where to find everything easily. I can also refer to the "Front pocket" or "Back pocket" when I call for host coaching calls. I have gotten about 1/2 of them back, too, so I can reuse them.

I started using the folders b/c I wanted to use up the old folders that I used to use for guests at my shows (I now use lap boards), and now I really like doing the folders (got the idea here on Chef Success!). HTH! :)

ETA: Here's my host letter:

Attachments

• Host Cover Letter - Cooking Show.doc
    18 KB · Views: 331
I also use 3-prong folders w/pockets & page protectors. The front pocket has 3 catalogs & 5 invitaions. I put business card & stickers on flap. Then I have host letter (explaining packet/show info), monthly specials, show planner, guest list, oof, shopping list, recruit info.

Attachments

• Host Packet letter.doc
    26 KB · Views: 504
  • Order Form.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Have you ever wanted more.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 297

What is included in a host packet?

A host packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, and information about hosting a party. It may also include product samples and exclusive offers for the host.

How can I make my host packet stand out?

There are many creative ideas for catching clients' attention with a host packet. Some popular options include adding personalized notes or gifts, using colorful and eye-catching packaging, and including fun and interactive activities or games.

Can I customize my host packet?

Yes, you can definitely customize your host packet to fit your style and target audience. You can add your own branding, choose specific products to showcase, and tailor the content to your potential clients' interests.

Do I have to be a host to receive a host packet?

No, you do not have to be a host to receive a host packet. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can offer host packets to anyone interested in learning more about our products and hosting a party.

How can I use host packets to increase my sales?

Host packets are a great tool for increasing sales because they provide potential clients with a tangible and informative way to learn about our products. By using creative ideas to catch their attention, you can entice them to host a party and introduce our products to their friends and family, leading to potential sales opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
Replies
Views
bbauman07