• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Hostess Packets: Tips and Ideas for Organizing and Personalizing

?I send the folder with the clear sleeves with the guest list, thank you letter, brochure, and order form to the hosts.
amerrigan
I am interested and looking for ideas of what all of you do for hostess packets. I send a list out first to my hosts for them to compile their guest list (I send the invites for them). Once I have the list I send them the hostess packet. i have been putting mine in a folder with clear sleeves in them. So everything is separated and such. I sometimes I feel I am doing to much for my hostess packet, but it is more organized then throwing everything in a two pocket folder.

What do you do for your hostess packets???

a Folder with clear sleeves...like a binder????

I don't think it's doing too much. I think it looks professional. I use the folders you can get for like 7 cents at back to school time & stock up on tons in the same color. I reuse them throughout the season (usually change colors with the season). I put stickers on the outside that say Thank you, Men love our products too, a couple recruiting stickers, the Please read this carefully sticker & a sticker with my name & contact info. In the left pocket, I put recruiting info, a wedding brochure, a guest list sheet with envelope to mail it back & the show planner. In the middle I put a thank you letter, show benefits flyer & host & guest special. In the right pocket, I put 3 catalogs & outside order forms. I just take the folder with me after the show (what would they do with it anyway?) & leave the specials, show planner & a catalog or two if needed.

I am putting together hostess packets righ tnow and just came across this terrific flyer in my files (yes, my DISorganized freakin' files!!!)
Anyway - it's great so I thought I'd share...

Attachments

• a successful party has.doc
    22 KB · Views: 724
Thanks, Carolyn. I love this! I'm really trying to up my show average & I think this will help!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I don't think it's doing too much. I think it looks professional. I use the folders you can get for like 7 cents at back to school time & stock up on tons in the same color. I reuse them throughout the season (usually change colors with the season). I put stickers on the outside that say Thank you, Men love our products too, a couple recruiting stickers, the Please read this carefully sticker & a sticker with my name & contact info. In the left pocket, I put recruiting info, a wedding brochure, a guest list sheet with envelope to mail it back & the show planner. In the middle I put a thank you letter, show benefits flyer & host & guest special. In the right pocket, I put 3 catalogs & outside order forms. I just take the folder with me after the show (what would they do with it anyway?) & leave the specials, show planner & a catalog or two if needed.

I don't understand how you have a middle....I can see 2 pockets but what kind of folders have a middle....I want to do some.
What do you give to guests? File folders like some suggest?

Thanks for the file, I love it!!! I will definitely start using it!

At any office store you can get Custom Cover Presentation Books by Acco. They are 12 pocket books, they come in black or white. They cost about $3 each, but I get them back after each show..so I reuse them alot.

It allows for everything to be divided up (show materials, fund raiser information, bridal registry, recruiting, ect.). Then I can have them go to a certain page during our host coaching and they dont have to dig through a folder.

Jilleysue said:
I don't understand how you have a middle....I can see 2 pockets but what kind of folders have a middle....I want to do some.
What do you give to guests? File folders like some suggest?

Sorry--guess I didn't explain that! I put plastic sheet protectors in the 3 prongs in the middle.

amerrigan said:
Thanks for the file, I love it!!! I will definitely start using it!

At any office store you can get Custom Cover Presentation Books by Acco. They are 12 pocket books, they come in black or white. They cost about $3 each, but I get them back after each show..so I reuse them alot.

It allows for everything to be divided up (show materials, fund raiser information, bridal registry, recruiting, ect.). Then I can have them go to a certain page during our host coaching and they dont have to dig through a folder.

So you send this to your hosts and then get the whole thing back after the show. This is actually what I was talking about to put the current catalog in. It is actually what the video shows for PC in the SS kit.

I am confused, which do you use the 7 cent folders or these bigger folders?

Yes I send these to my hosts and get it back after the show.

Jilleysue said:
I am confused, which do you use the 7 cent folders or these bigger folders?

If you're asking me--I use the 7 cent ones. I think ammerigan uses the bigger ones.

OH HAHAHA..getting later..I am not reading correctly...LOL. sorry

dannyzmom said:
I am putting together hostess packets righ tnow and just came across this terrific flyer in my files (yes, my DISorganized freakin' files!!!)

Thanks, Carolyn! I love it!

Thanks for that file Carolyn!
I get my folders from the dollar store: 3 for $1. I put show planner, guest address labels, pamper me flyer, recruiting info in first pocket. Back pocket I put outside order forms & 3 catalogs. In the middle I put clear sheet protectors with: host benefits flyer, host/guest specials flyer (printed back to back), steps to a successful show flyer & 40 guests in 4 minutes flyer, recruiting info, wedding info, and fundraiser info. I also put stickers on outside & inside pockets. I also get these back after show so I can reuse them.

What is 40 Guests in 4 minutes?

Jilleysue said:
What is 40 Guests in 4 minutes?

It's kinda like the one Carolyn posted. I don't have it saved on my computer, just a copy that I copy. Actually it's called A Tale of Two Hostesses, with room at the bottom to brainstorm guests. Maybe if you do a search you'll find it; I'll try to figure out how to save & attach later...

lacychef said:
It's kinda like the one Carolyn posted. I don't have it saved on my computer, just a copy that I copy. Actually it's called A Tale of Two Hostesses, with room at the bottom to brainstorm guests. Maybe if you do a search you'll find it; I'll try to figure out how to save & attach later...

I have it...here it is...

Attachments

• The Tale of Two Hostesses.doc
    41 KB · Views: 445
I have the fifty guests in five minutes you were looking for. I have attached it!

Attachments

• FiftyInFive.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 413
Very cool...Love it. Course I had to add my border..bla bla bla..I am ridiculous...LOL

Oh i ordered a folder for The booster tonight to just see what they look like..I really like them. They are very motivating.....but there is nowhere to put the pampered chef sticker...but they are colorful and awesome. I am very torn as to what to use???????

Help, has anyone see this? Do you like this or think a solid folder with stickers looks more professional? boy does my office look messy tonight...LOL

I have a stack of the colored 2-pocket folders that I used to use but I found my guests would tash them and scribble on them...so I gave up on using them. Now I just give each guest a catty and an order form.

I am thinking about doing the homemade lap-boards though...maybe in August when school supplies go on sale

This is what I use for Lap Boards:

I buy the Theme Show folders (the tri fold) that we can get off of supply for $1.00). I cut it into 3 and re-inforce the pocket sides with clear tape. I add a few colorful stickers to it ("I Love Referrals"...) In the pocket part I put an order form, my recruiting flyer and a catalog. In the little slice pocket I put my biz card and a pen. at the end of the season I also add a flyer listing any discontinued and price change items.

I like using these because they are cheap and colorful. Plus they are very light-weight.

That's a great ideal Linda!
For guests, I give a manila file folder with my info on the tab, containing a catalog, order form, recruiting brochure.For hosts, I use the two pocket plain folders - blue for cooking shows, red for catalog shows. Then I color-code the file folders I use to keep all the hard copies.Jill- I've got a couple of those Booster folders (I used to get their Key Packs each month). They're a little busy for me, and I don't think they look "corporate professional." But they are very fun-looking, and eye-catching. Again-- personal preference!

chefann said:
That's a great ideal Linda!

Thanks, I can't take credit for coming up with it though. I read about it somewhere - maybe here....don't remember.

Host packets
amerrigan said:
I am interested and looking for ideas of what all of you do for hostess packets. I send a list out first to my hosts for them to compile their guest list (I send the invites for them). Once I have the list I send them the hostess packet. i have been putting mine in a folder with clear sleeves in them. So everything is separated and such. I sometimes I feel I am doing to much for my hostess packet, but it is more organized then throwing everything in a two pocket folder.

What do you do for your hostess packets???
First of all this is my first post so I hope you receive this o.k.
I really don't think it is crucial what you put in your hostess packet as opposed to how you coach your host. Hostess coaching is the key. Whatever you put in the packet as well as what you may not be sure they have a full understanding of how to have a successful show.
I enclose in my packets: Cover letter explaining my "incentive" program I have for them, 1 packet of invites (I do not send invites for them) page of labels with info. of show that they do not have to fill out including a line saying bring a friend get a gift, show planner, 4 catalogs, 1 outside order form, recruit flyer, and business card... all in a manilla envelope I mail.
I have my hosts call when they receive it so I know they are ready to discuss the show and we go through my "incentive" program based on Pat Reinville's "How to have a $1,000 show". I focus on them over-inviting and getting orders only on my first call.
I could go on and on but I will stop for now.

Is the Pat Reinville's "How to do a$1000 show" a cd we can order, where would I find information on this??

C. Schapker said:
First of all this is my first post so I hope you receive this o.k.
I really don't think it is crucial what you put in your hostess packet as opposed to how you coach your host. Hostess coaching is the key. Whatever you put in the packet as well as what you may not be sure they have a full understanding of how to have a successful show.
I enclose in my packets: Cover letter explaining my "incentive" program I have for them, 1 packet of invites (I do not send invites for them) page of labels with info. of show that they do not have to fill out including a line saying bring a friend get a gift, show planner, 4 catalogs, 1 outside order form, recruit flyer, and business card... all in a manilla envelope I mail.
I have my hosts call when they receive it so I know they are ready to discuss the show and we go through my "incentive" program based on Pat Reinville's "How to have a $1,000 show". I focus on them over-inviting and getting orders only on my first call.
I could go on and on but I will stop for now.

What is your incentive program you have for them?

Pat Reinville for $1,000 showPat Reinville was the keynote speaker at National probably about 4 years ago. I do not know if any tapes would be available through PC any longer however, I am sure if you search Pat Reinville you will probably come across it. It was a great workshop.

I tweeked her concept to cater to my show's needs. My incentive program is some what based on her idea. It is actually my hostess coaching I do as well.
I tell all my hosts to focus on the 3 numbers, 2, 20, and 200. When I host coach I tell them to only worry about reaching these numbers and the night of her show we will see where they took her.

I start with the number 200. This is the number of product sales before her show starts with outside orders. (I coach about outside orders)

Secondly is 20. Have 20 people at her show. (I tell her she will clean house for 20 just like she would for 2)

Third and last 2. Have 2 people committed to a show before the night of the show with their name and phone number. (I hype up the upcoming bonuses to get her to want those to encourage her friends to book)

With every incentive they reach they get to choose the night of their show from a list of about 10 items what they would like to receive for their gift. If they earn 2 incentives they get 2 gifts off the list or I add up the $ amount to allow them to choose a pricier item. My list consists of items in the range of $4-$6.

Typically I have hosts earn the $200 in sales before the show. However, I tell them it is a bummer if you only have 18 people instead of 20. But, remember your 18 people is awesome and you HAD 18 PEOPLE AT YOUR SHOW!!

what is the pamper me flier and the benefits flier? I couldnt find either one in the search.

lacychef said:
Thanks for that file Carolyn!
I get my folders from the dollar store: 3 for $1. I put show planner, guest address labels, pamper me flyer, recruiting info in first pocket. Back pocket I put outside order forms & 3 catalogs. In the middle I put clear sheet protectors with: host benefits flyer, host/guest specials flyer (printed back to back), steps to a successful show flyer & 40 guests in 4 minutes flyer, recruiting info, wedding info, and fundraiser info. I also put stickers on outside & inside pockets. I also get these back after show so I can reuse them.

What is the 40 guests in 4 minutes flyer?

Never mind. I see the question has already been asked and answered.(lol)

pamperedgirl3 said:

I do the same thing using a 2 pocket folder that has the binding inside so I can place things in clear plastic sheet protectors. I think it keeps everything neat & organized & the stuff I put in the sheet protectors (like the DYLAB and host/guest specials), I tend to reuse -- so it saves money on copying costs. So far all fo my show hosts have loved them! I use regular 2 pocket folders to take to the shows for the guests that have copies of the host/guest specials (for the current month and the following month), an order form, a catalog and the customer care card that I use for the prize drawings.

I just started using 1" binders I picked up at BJ's for under $8 for 6. I have a sheet for the front cover with the PC logo & my info. On the inside pocket I put the host show planner and labels I print to stick on their invites that have the date time, place, rsvp etc. The host can stick them over the area you would write it in, Avery 6570 are a good size. The hosts appreciate that & there is no confusion on the date etc.

Then set up inside to your personal preference. I have sheet protectors that I put things in such as:
40 guests flyer
incentive coupons
S/S shopping list
Host & Guest special flyers
30 Minute Chicken recipe
Wedding Registry flyer
Fundraiser flyer
Well Stocked Kitchen flyer
Your Life Your Way flyer
Outside Order forms
Copy of the top sheet of the Gift Certificate Order Form
Then I also have an Avery (75254) binder pocket that will hold 5-6 catalogs nicely. A 5-pack was less than $3.

I plan to look for a zipper-type pencil case that has holes for the binder rings on it to put the postcards in so I don't have to worry about them falling out.

On the back outside cover I slide a catalog in.

I have gotten great feedback on these from the hosts. They turn them in to me at their show, or when they close. They look very professional & hold up better than manilla envelopes.

I have started having extra sheets of everything in sheet protectors with me so I can recycle the binder at my show to someone who books.

If this doesn't make sense it's because I've been up since 4:30 am & that's when the clock is set for, so on that note I'll bid y'all goodnight.

Let me know what you think...

dannyzmom said:

I really like your flyer, it is some much easier to read then the one I use now.

I use folders for host packets.
Inside:
Business card in front, 2 catalogs and 4 order formson right side, show planner,hostess tic tac dough game, successful show flyer, and recruiting info

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ksmedic
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • PCCHeather0506