• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Packets/Dear Hostess Letter

or on my website, if they're signed up.Exactly! Plus - I've discovered that most hosts don't read all the fancy paperwork anyway.
Katiek77
Are your hostess packets simple or more detailed? I think mine may have too many things in it. What do you put in yours? Post the word docs for what you put in our packets if you can. I love to see some examples. I would also like some ideas for the letter to the hostess. Thanks so much.
Katie

My host packets have 2 catalogs, 10 postcards, 10 OOFs, 50 guest in 50 minutes flyer, Cooking Show Planner, guest & host special for that month and letter to host. Too tired to post files right now - PM me if you'd like to know more. :)

I try to really keep things simple. It gets overwhelming and expensive to put too much in the host packet. Also, even with great informative flyers and such, some hosts just don't really take the time to look through everything. It really all comes down to host coaching.I include 3 catalogs, a pack of postcard invitations, about 5 mini catalogs, a black & white copy of the host and guest specials onto different colored paper. 5 Outside order forms (I tell them on the phone or through e-mail that they can print off more copies as needed), a Guide to Cooking Shows with a "50 in 5 minutes" flyer. I think that's about it. I don't do a special host letter anymore or a "What my website can do for You" anymore--people just weren't reading them. I just go over all that on the phone or through e-mail.If you go to the files section and type in Host packet, host letter, or the name of those files I mentioned, you'll be able to see them. If I post them here, it will create duplicate entries in the files section and add to the duplications that already exist in there. ;) :)You can also scroll to the bottom of this page and find a section that says "Similar Threads". You can read what others shared in those threads, too.

Mine are very simple:

2 Catalogs
6 OOF
Guest List Form
50 Guests in 50 Minutes doc.
8-10 postcards

That's it.

The Host/Guest Special, I email & mail separately, along with the host letter, and recruiting brochure.

Attachments

• 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 759
  • PC Guest List.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 823
  • Becky's Tips For a Great Show!.doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 747
Thanks so much for sharing. I am trying to revamp how I do hostess packets. It helps me so much to see what others are doing. Thanks!
Katie

I have been doing Host Binders since last June; I use 1/2" or 1" clear view binders, whichever I can get the cheapest. I put one catalog in sheet protectors in the binder. I put the Guest Special on the front. On the left inside pocket, I put two more catalogs, the Host Special information, and my Host letter. I got the basic idea for my Host letter from here but changed it up a little; I'll attach the February one here. I do offer to buy the Host Special (or $25 off if it is like last month's) if the sales reach $750 and some of my Hosts have really worked hard to get that. In a sheet protector in front of the catalog, I put the DYLAB flyer and then 5 OOFs in it. I do the "fill-in" information using the PDFescape program so I have the current month one from CC. I do the invitations and mail them myself. Sometimes I have great success with them and other times I don't. The working Hosts have really loved the Host binder and it helps their sales.

Attachments

• CATALOG SHOW - FEBRUARY.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 705
  • COOKING SHOW - FEBRUARY.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 456
Mine are very simple also. I email the OOF and the specials, and my packet has 3 catalogs, a hard copy of the OOF, a show planner and a Seasons Best.
The reasoning for this, as my director once explained, is that I don't want the paperwork to do the talking for me.

beckyjsmith said:
Mine are very simple also. I email the OOF and the specials, and my packet has 3 catalogs, a hard copy of the OOF, a show planner and a Seasons Best.
The reasoning for this, as my director once explained, is that I don't want the paperwork to do the talking for me.

Exactly! Plus - I've discovered that most hosts don't read all the fancy paperwork anyway.

I used to do all kinds of flyers and little hostess games, etc..., until I finally figured out I was wasting time and money putting it all together. My show sales have never been higher - and I have a "bare minimum" host packet!

What I do have though, is communication with my hosts. THAT is the key!

I must have more "visual" hosts. If I tell them something on the phone, they don't remember it as well as seeing it on the paper in their binder. If it is a Cooking Show, I do include the Cooking Show Planner. If it is a Catalog Show, I include the "How to have a $1,000 Show" flyer.

I definitely don't think a visual hurts in any way. I have just found that even if I DO include all of that stuff, 95% of my hosts don't read it or know about it unless I go through it with them. I finally figured out that simpler was better.
Seems to be working for me though. :)

I include the following in my packets:

host letter
show planner
host special
3 guest special flyers
5 oof
current recruiting info
3 catalog's

I have all of my host packet's made up with only the show planner and catalog's. I then have two file folders (one marked current month & the other marked next month). I have the host letter, special flyers and oof paper clipped together. This way when someone schedule's a party, I pull out the information for that month and put it in their packet. It give me time to review quickly with them what is included in their packet. I also, don't have to go through and pull out old information in the packet's if they are not used. ;)

I also email a guest list file that I have them fill out and return to me.

Mine are very basic - this way I don't have to constantly re-do them!

In every envelope packet I have:

1. A label on the front that says The Pampered Chef & has their show basics & my info on it.

2. A hostess letter that I print onto pretty paper I pick up at the dollar store (40 sheets for $1 & its seasonal - so fun!)

3. 50 guests in 5 minutes

4. 3 catalogs, if they need more I can get them more

5. 5 - 10 postcards

6. 5 OOF

7. An instruction sheet on how to order online

8. A Come Join Us brochure

At the shows I have a folder with the monthly specials in it & the cooking show planner that I fill out & go over with them. I then slip it into the envelope. Too much info is overload, and they don't read it anyway!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.
I have to mail out my first host packet soon.
My last party was used to hosting PC parties and didn't want one.

I'm minimal too.

2 catalogs
1 pk of invites
Cooking Show Planning Guide
3 OOF (3 per page)
PC Lotto Squares (in files)

I email the host special, OOF and tips for a great show. The tips are similar, if not exact, to ChefBecky D's. I got the OOF and tips off here when I first started. :D

Then you don't have to worry if you have the right month, etc. Less waste, less cost, less stress. The email and my calls cover most everything else.

The hosts usually return whatever was not used...ie invites, extra OOF they ran....though the catalogs never make it back. :) I encourage they keep one as bedside reading and to pass the other to a good friend or at their favorite haunt.

I usually give them the entire package of invitations and really encourage them to try their best to either mail them all or hand them all out. I also ask them when closing out to return what they don't use extra invites, etc. I can just put a label over them and use them for catalog shows, etc.

I included the attachments for the labels as well as what I put in the host packets...hope this helps.

Attachments

• Cooking Show Host Packet Cover Page.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 925
  • qa for hosts.doc
    168 KB · Views: 525
  • catalog label.pdf
    143.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Seasonal Recipe Options.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 625

What is a hostess packet?

A hostess packet is a collection of materials and information provided to a party host to help them plan and host a successful Pampered Chef party.

What is included in a hostess packet?

The exact contents may vary, but typically a hostess packet will include a catalog, order forms, invitations, recipe cards, and information about the host rewards program.

How do I use the hostess packet?

The hostess packet is designed to help you plan and promote your Pampered Chef party. You can use the materials to invite guests, showcase products, and take orders. It also includes information about how to earn free and discounted products through our host rewards program.

When should I send out the hostess packet?

We recommend sending out the hostess packet at least two weeks before the party date. This will give your guests enough time to RSVP and plan to attend.

Can I customize the hostess packet?

Yes, you can personalize the hostess packet to fit your party's theme or your own preferences. You can add your own personal message to the "Dear Hostess" letter and include additional marketing materials or samples if you'd like.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
Replies