• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Shipping for Hostess Packets: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the experts spend $4.60 per packet to mail out a hostess pack, but if the hostess has email, they send her the OOF, GS, and HS and let her make copies for $2.67.
buckeyefan08
I was wondering how you all ship your hostess packs? I've had a few people call me so I've had to mail out some packets. I went to the post office today and spent a small fortune to mail them out. It was over $4 per pack. Are you all spending this much or is there a cheaper way? (or am I being a big baby?:cry: ;) )

I typically spend $4.60 per packet. However, if the hostess has email, I email her the OOF, GS and HS and let her make copies. That cuts my packets down to $2.67 something.

I don't mail host packets unless I have to, I generally arrange a time that I can meet with them.

I mail them $4.60 is about right. I put it in as show expenses on P3, and when I mail out invitations for my host I keep the postage reciept as well and put it in to P3 under show expenses.

I amil them with Bound Printed Matter on them for about $2 and some change. Have you tried that or you can look into parcel post!

I never mail

I meet each and everyone of my host in person to host coach them

:chef:

chefallison53 said:
I amil them with Bound Printed Matter on them for about $2 and some change. Have you tried that or you can look into parcel post!

I learned today that BPM (bound printed matter) doesn't get returned if something is wrong with the to address for some reason, so make sure to put return service requested under your return address, so it will get sent back to you. just an fyi from a nice postal worker today :)

GourmetGirl said:
I learned today that BPM (bound printed matter) doesn't get returned if something is wrong with the to address for some reason, so make sure to put return service requested under your return address, so it will get sent back to you. just an fyi from a nice postal worker today :)
That can only be catalogs though - no flyers or letters.

pamperedlinda said:
That can only be catalogs though - no flyers or letters.

From what my postal worker said, since it is mainly catalogs with a few sheets in the catalogs it can still be sent that way. I'm not sure if it's 'legal' or not, but as long as I don't advertise it at the post office, it's been fine... It takes longer, but it works! (I try to do mine in person, but otherwise I'll either do this or a flat rate priority).

I send mine Priority Flat Rate.

Priority Flat Rate, printed at home so I don't even have to go to the PO!

DebbieJ said:
Priority Flat Rate, printed at home so I don't even have to go to the PO!

I do the same thing. It doesn't matter how much it weighs, so you can send 5 or more catalogs - great for mailing catalog show host packets! I keep a stock of Priority Flat Rate envelopes at home, and just print the mailing label on http://www.usps.com (I have a free shipping account, so I just log in, fill out the info, and charge it to my CC). I keep all of my receipts and track them on my expenses for my taxes at year end, too.

Ditto what Deb and Cathy said!

I don't necessarily give out the entire host packet at shows...but I give them the guest list (carbon copy ones from HO) and 3-4 cattys. That way, I can mail out the other goodies in a business envie for .41

If there is a reason that I need to mail it all, though, I do the priority flat rate printed out from my home!

I tend to deliver them or send priority flat rate. I have sent them bound material too. I think that it can't have handwriting on anything then. I have a friend that knows the people at the PO and she always does bound material and a few times they actually opened the package to check!!

Bound printer matter also can't have loose pages. Everything has to be bound in a mostly-permanent fastener (a heavy duty staple is OK, but a folder or binder is not).

If it is remotely close to my house I'll drop the catalogs off (been doing that alot more lately)...otherwise I email all the paper material, oof, specials, etc and just mail the actual catalogs...with a business card.

I typically spend $4.60 per packet. However, if the hostess has email, I email her the OOF, GS and HS and let her make copies. That cuts my packets down to $2.67 something.

Umm...this is a light bulb moment for me, but still those things don't take that much off the weight, do they? How many do you mail? Do you mail a packet of invitations? I swear that is what bumps the weight up so much.

How much is it for the Priority Flat Rate? I am trying to cut back expenses this year as much as I can.

mpkegley said:
How much is it for the Priority Flat Rate? I am trying to cut back expenses this year as much as I can.
$4.60 to mail a flat rate envelope.

I have my host packets all done up in a 3-ring folder. Included is 3 catalogs, 5 invitations, cover letter, cooking show planner, monthly specials, guest list, 5 oof, recipe selections, recruit info. I send them Priority ($4.60) if I can't meet with them in person. Being in the middle of nowhere, I mail most of them. I save receipts for taxes.

I send mine out priority. I love usps.com! It's so much easier than standing in line at the PO with a 3 yr old! I just make sure I keep a supply of the Priority Envelopes on hand all the time - works great!

I do hand out most of my host packets at shows though. I don't worry about getting the guest list first. In my thinking, it's cheaper to lose a host packet, than to pay $4.60 for shipping for all of the packets!

And I rarely get cancellations - so it's not a big deal.

Since I'm just getting back on track for the year, I have called a lot of my "new hostesses" that is why I am mailing them. I usually hand them out at the shows. Only having 7 weeks left in this pregnancy, and a 2 & 4 year old, I'm thinking that mailing them will definetly be easier. I'm not set up to do the postage from home yet though. Since I'm going to try to stay active while on "maternity leave" I'm booking catalog shows. I have 3 for March already but I'm thinking that if I want to set up anything further out I should learn how to do the postage from home. How do you set that up? After you print it out do you just put it in the mail box?

My post office said you can't do bound printed matter anymore and I tried to do on-line and it just doesn't work. I was so aggravated!!!! Just steppin' on the little man/woman again! :( Anyway, I do give out most everything at the show if they book from there, but if it's from calls I've made, I suck it up and mail it and it's $4.60. Yes, it's a write-off, but it still stinks.

1. How do I request hostess packets to be mailed to me?

To request hostess packets to be mailed to you, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and provide them with your mailing address. They will be happy to send the packets to you!

2. Is there a cost for having hostess packets mailed to me?

No, there is no additional cost for having hostess packets mailed to you. It is a complimentary service provided by Pampered Chef.

3. How long does it take for hostess packets to arrive in the mail?

The delivery time for hostess packets may vary depending on your location. Your consultant will provide you with an estimated delivery time when you request the packets. If you have not received them within the estimated time, please contact your consultant for an update.

4. Can I request specific hostess packets to be mailed to me?

Yes, you can request specific hostess packets to be mailed to you. Simply let your consultant know which packets you would like to receive and they will make sure to include them in the mailing.

5. Can I track the delivery of my hostess packets?

Unfortunately, there is no tracking available for hostess packet mailings. However, if you have not received your packets within the estimated delivery time, please contact your consultant for an update.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
amandaali
  • Dotty
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sluna75
  • babywings76