• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kilo Club Party: An Appreciation Event for Hostesses - Tips to Boost Bookings

In summary, Rachel is trying to figure out ways to make the party more appealing to her high-dollar hosts. She is considering giving away extra prizes, using a drawing for a prize, or giving a "time to rebook" prize.
Paige Dixon
Every Feb (probaly make it March this year due to double points) I throw a tasting party for all the Hostesses in my Kilo Club. I always am sure to earn a second set of new products so I can have a set to give away at this event. I also want to make many of the recipes featured in the new shows for the hosts to sample.

I've had alot of luck with Kilo Club members attending the party, and they love going home with arms full of prizes. Also, I want the party to feel like it's a thank you for all their hard work, not a marketing tool to get something from them. Here's the problem:

Out of the past three years that I have held the party, I think I've only had one host book another party. I'd really like to have the "big" $1000 hostesses booking every year. So, do you creative people have any suggestions for making the party lead to more booking from these lovely hostesses? Without them feeling like they shouldn't have come to the party?

Do you give away the second set of products to different people, or just one winner?? If you give something to everyone you could give them a lower priced item to start, but if they book a show they get a better product free. That would entice me to book!!

What's a Kilo Club? I watch too many crime movies & work for a lawyer and I KNOW it is not what it sounds like! HAHA! :D

It's a nickname we give to hostesses who have $1000 shows. Or consultants who have them, LOL!

I don't really know how to do it so your hostesses rebook. Maybe do a ticket system, where you give away extra tickets for booking a show within a certain number of months?

But really, I think it is a host appreciation thing more than anything, so I would personally avoid pushing the bookings at the party, but follow up with phone calls after, perhaps.

Rachel

Perhaps it should be just an appreciation event with fellowship, food and a chance to see the new products.

I encourage you to use your extra product as bait -- given only when the action you are trying to achieve (show booked and held, recruit signed and qualified) has been completed.

You might have a drawing for one or two items, but I'd use the bulk as leverage.

This year we get double points in Feb also, so why would you do the show in March? Sorry if I am confused.

Saturday at my host appreciation brunch I wrapped the 22 products I was giving away.

I had the guest put their name in the # of times they had earned according to sales, bookings, etc.

Each gift had a sticker with a number. My daughter drew a host's name & I had them draw a # from another basket. Then we matched the #. I feel this is the fairest way since the hosts know what the products look like and I don't want to go to the effort to wrap them in other boxes to disguise them.
(they recognized immediately the chopper & santoku knife boxes and said I want that #)

I had a special "time to rebook" drawing. If they rebooked their name went in & they received the timer.

I gave away a trivet for the HEART of my Business award. this was the host with the most bookings and most generated from her show.

I also gave a bottle of wine and a wine opener to my newest recruit we celebrated her trying on the apron.
Teresa

Wow, that includes lots of ideas.

I wanted to have it in March because it's not a show, just a party (no sales), so I don't want to use a show night in Feb.

I have held it where everyone leaves with a prize. We would put all the new products in the middle, and the person who had the highest show gets to start by choosing a prize. The lady next to her could choose her own prize or take the one the first lady chose (in which case the first lady chooses again). It would continue around the circle.

I love the "time to rebook" timer prize. I think I'll do that one for sure.

I felt the same way about wanting to make it an appreciation event only, but after a few years of giving away hundreds of dollars in new product, it hasn't given me any return (except for the fantastic show in the beginning!). I've really experienced alot of low shows in 2006, and it seems like only the hosts who had low shows were interested in rebooking in 2006. I want 2007 to be filled with $1000 shows like 2005 was!

I love the "time to rebook" timer idea! I also like the idea of wrapping everything! I always do my host appreciation in August to unveil the Fall Products.....it would be fun to try something like this then!

OK, I'm putting in my order for the timers. Any ideas of how to word the question when I present the "time to rebook" so they want to rebook but don't feel pressured?

1. How can I make the Kilo Club Party feel like a genuine appreciation event for hostesses rather than a marketing tool?

One way to make the party feel more like an appreciation event is to focus on creating a fun and relaxing atmosphere. This could include incorporating activities or games that are not directly related to the products, providing a variety of snacks and drinks, and allowing time for hostesses to socialize and connect with each other. Additionally, expressing genuine gratitude and acknowledging the hard work of the hostesses can go a long way in making them feel appreciated.

2. How can I increase the likelihood of hostesses booking another party after attending the Kilo Club Party?

One strategy could be to directly ask the hostesses if they are interested in hosting another party, and offer incentives or rewards for booking on the spot. This could include additional products or discounts for future parties. Another approach could be to showcase the benefits and rewards of hosting a party, such as earning free products and receiving exclusive discounts.

3. How can I encourage the "big" $1000 hostesses to book a party every year?

Consider offering special perks or rewards specifically for these top-performing hostesses. This could include exclusive products or discounts, personalized thank-you gifts, or even a VIP experience at the Kilo Club Party. Additionally, staying in touch with these hostesses throughout the year and reminding them of the benefits of hosting a party could also help encourage them to book again.

4. What types of activities or incentives can I offer at the Kilo Club Party to generate more interest in booking parties?

One idea could be to have a "sneak peek" or exclusive preview of upcoming products or specials for party bookings made at the event. You could also offer a raffle or giveaway for a free party booking, or have a special discount or deal for parties booked at the event. Another option could be to have a guest speaker or presentation on the benefits of hosting a party, to educate and inspire hostesses to book in the future.

5. Is there a specific time of year that is best for hosting the Kilo Club Party to increase bookings?

While every business and market may differ, some possible options could be hosting the party at the start of the year to kick off the new season and encourage hostesses to start booking early. Alternatively, hosting the party in the months leading up to a major holiday or event may also generate more interest and bookings, as people may be more inclined to purchase gifts or plan gatherings during that time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Dotty
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies