• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reclaiming My Business After Holiday Grief: Coaching ASAP

Everything else can wait until Tuesday. Take care of yourself first and foremost. The business can wait. In summary, Carolyn has experienced a difficult time with the passing of her grandmother and has not been able to focus on her business. She is now trying to catch up with her January hostesses and is seeking advice on how to pick things back up. Suggestions from others include taking time for herself, not worrying too much about the business until after the holiday weekend, and being understanding and patient with her hosts. In summary, Carolyn has been dealing with a family emergency and has fallen behind on her business. She is seeking advice on how to catch up with her January hostesses and is reminded to take
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Wow - I REALLY dropped the ball and need to do some major coaching ASAP (after the holiday weekend) and catch up with my January hostesses.

My grandmother passed away last week and I had spent the week preceeding her death spending every possible moment with her and this past week grieving horribly...and basically let my business slip to the side while we were dealing with family and emotions and everything else.

Tonight I sat down and looked at my calender and nearly FAINTED.

I have spent the last hour putting together 5 confirmation packets to send out (but the mail doesn't go out again til Tuesday) and sending out emails thru my website to the January hostesses that I have blown off for the last 2 and a half weeks.

Any suggestions as to how I can pick things back up? I can't call any of them this weekend because tomorrow is Christmas Eve and Monday is Christmas -- yet three of them were supposed to get me their guest lists LAST WEEK and have not yet. ARGH!!!

I guess it's all really on hold til Tuesday whether I like it or not, huh?

Carolyn, first I am sorry for your loss. Taking the time for your family is important. You need to take care of yourself, and heal.Second I wouldn't sweat it and call your hosts on Tues. They should all be understanding and work with you. When my grandfather passed in Nov. everyone was real considerate and understood what I was going through. Take a deep breath, it will all work out.

I dropped the ball, too, but for different reasons. I am taking this "down time" to get magnet calendars addressed and out to my best customers and hosts, making my priortized lists of who to call starting Tuesday, and planning a cookware show in my home.

pamperedalf said:
Carolyn, first I am sorry for your loss. Taking the time for your family is important. You need to take care of yourself, and heal.

Second I wouldn't sweat it and call your hosts on Tues. They should all be understanding and work with you. When my grandfather passed in Nov. everyone was real considerate and understood what I was going through. Take a deep breath, it will all work out.

Thanks Amanda.

Carolyn, sorry for your loss.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. That's the beauty of this biz; when your family needs you, you can take the time off that you need. Like you said, you can't get their list until Tues at the earliest--hey, maybe they have mailed them & you'll get them in the mail then! If not, then I would just give them a call Tues, and say you're sorry you hadn't called to remind them to send their list, and explain you had a family emergency. They will understand & get you the list.
Half of my hosts didn't even want me to send their host packets until after the holidays. They didn't want to have to deal with it. So, I just sent out the ones that are before the 14th; I'll send out the rest later this week. People have just had too much on their minds already without having to deal with writing out a guest list.
It will work out okay:)

lacychef said:
Carolyn, sorry for your loss.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. That's the beauty of this biz; when your family needs you, you can take the time off that you need. Like you said, you can't get their list until Tues at the earliest--hey, maybe they have mailed them & you'll get them in the mail then! If not, then I would just give them a call Tues, and say you're sorry you hadn't called to remind them to send their list, and explain you had a family emergency. They will understand & get you the list.
Half of my hosts didn't even want me to send their host packets until after the holidays. They didn't want to have to deal with it. So, I just sent out the ones that are before the 14th; I'll send out the rest later this week. People have just had too much on their minds already without having to deal with writing out a guest list.
It will work out okay:)

Thanks Lacy.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that your hosts will all understand when you speak to them on Tuesday. Just do what you can do today and tomorrow and don't sweat the rest until then. Try to enjoy your weekend as much as you can. Losses this time of the year are particularly hard, so be gentle with yourself.

((((HUGS))))

jentapp said:
I'm sorry for your loss. I know that your hosts will all understand when you speak to them on Tuesday. Just do what you can do today and tomorrow and don't sweat the rest until then. Try to enjoy your weekend as much as you can. Losses this time of the year are particularly hard, so be gentle with yourself.

((((HUGS))))

Thanks, Jennifer.

Carolyn, I am sorry for your loss, but so glad you got to spend time with your grandma before she passed away.

Your hosts should be understanding. They were probably extremely busy with Christmas 'stuff' the last 2 weeks.

May you have a very blessed Christmas, quietly with your family.

Sallie

Carolyn- My grandomother who was also known as my right arm called us from FL one night 8 years ago Christmas Eve to let us all know that she had lung cancer. We lost her the following March a week before my birthday. Christmas Eve is weird for me now. I mean I still enjoy it but will remember that phone call and I miss her terribly! My thoughts are with you and I know exactly how you are feeling. Give yourself time-your customers will understand!!
Try to enjoy your Christmas!
(((HUGS)))

Thanks Sallie & Kristin. It's been a weepy kind of day for us - but we're making the best of it. I had the diamond from my Grandmother's ring set in a necklace for mom - that was really wonderful seeing her open it.

dannyzmom said:
Thanks Sallie & Kristin. It's been a weepy kind of day for us - but we're making the best of it. I had the diamond from my Grandmother's ring set in a necklace for mom - that was really wonderful seeing her open it.
That is a great idea! I got my grandmother's mothers ring that my Dad bought her while in the service. My aunt said that I should have it since I was the first grandchild and she has two boys so she wouldn't have anyone to pass it on too. That meant more to me than anything. She is always with me.

Related to Reclaiming My Business After Holiday Grief: Coaching ASAP

1. How can I reclaim my business after experiencing holiday grief?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, we understand that the holiday season can be a difficult time for some individuals. To reclaim your business, it's important to take care of yourself first. Allow yourself time to grieve and process your emotions. Once you are ready, reach out to your team leader or fellow consultants for support and guidance. They can help you get back on track with your business and offer resources for coping with grief.

2. Is it possible to continue running my business while dealing with holiday grief?

Yes, it is possible to continue running your business while dealing with holiday grief. However, it's important to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being. Take breaks when needed and communicate with your customers and team members about your situation. They will understand and support you during this difficult time.

3. How can I communicate with my customers about my absence during holiday grief?

It's important to be honest and transparent with your customers about your absence during holiday grief. You can send out a message or email explaining your situation and letting them know that you will be taking some time off. You can also offer alternative ways to purchase Pampered Chef products, such as through your website or through another consultant on your team.

4. What tips do you have for staying motivated during holiday grief?

Staying motivated during holiday grief can be challenging, but it's important to remember why you started your Pampered Chef business in the first place. Set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate your accomplishments. Surround yourself with a supportive community and take care of your physical and emotional well-being. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself during this difficult time.

5. Are there any resources available for dealing with holiday grief as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there are resources available for dealing with holiday grief as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our company offers a variety of support and coaching services for consultants, as well as a community of fellow consultants who understand the challenges of running a business while dealing with grief. You can also reach out to your team leader or fellow consultants for support and guidance during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • letmepamperu13