• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Hostess Packet Tips: Get High Sales/Bookings!

In summary, Becky keeps her host packets very simple and only includes the items necessary for the success of her shows. She recommends printing out her flyers and giving gifts from her Supply Order.
Katiek77
What do you put in your hostess packets? If you have great hostess packents with good flyers & letters post them here. Let us know if you are able to get high sales/bookings etc.

I currently am making hostess kitchen show packets in binders with about 5 pages that are in sheet protecters. I don't know if what I have in them is most effective. For catalog shows, I make the hostess packet in a 2 pocket folder since I know that for the catalog show they just mail their orders to me. I would love hints, tips and to see flyers you are all using. Thanks!
Katie

Do you have any trouble getting the binders back from your hosts? I love this idea, I'm just afraid people will think they can keep it!

I have found that all of the wonderful flyers for host packets are really just a waste of time and money. No one reads them, and they've never increased my show attendance or sales.
I now keep my host packets VERY simple. I purchased the host packet envelopes from Merrill. A little more expensive, but I'm saving money by what I'm NOT putting in them. :)

I put in there:

2 catalogs
5 OOF (generic - so I don't have to re-do them each month)
10 postcard invites for passing out
Guest List Address Form
50 Guests in 5 Minutes flyer
Show Planner

Then, I can put together a ton of them at one time, and the only time I have to worry about changing them is for the new season.

Once the show is booked and on the calendar, I mail (in a regular business sized envelope) a Thanks for booking letter, and the host and guest specials for the month.

The secret to great shows has nothing to do with what goes in the host packet, or how amazing all of the flyers are in there. It has to do with the host coaching that you do personally with your hosts! You can give a host just a couple of catalogs and some oof's - and as long as you host coach well, that's really all they'll need!

Attachments

• 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 860
  • PC Guest List-final-1.doc
    51 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Becky's Tips For a Great Show!-1.doc
    76 KB · Views: 907
Becky,

Quick question, what do you give as your gifts? Love your flyers, btw.

Becky do you have your generic OOF that you can post?

tbsigma94 said:
Becky,

Quick question, what do you give as your gifts? Love your flyers, btw.

I give stuff from Supply Order. I use the medium bamboo bowl as my gift bowl and keep it stocked...

I love that now we can get old SB for $2.25 for 10! What a bargain, and people ALWAYS love those! I also do QK knives, citrus peelers, stone scrapers, etc...I also buy stuff from the outlet when I can get it cheap - like the veggie peelers, and my first cutter, and recipe card collections...(right now I have the holloween cutters and turkey recipe cards in my collection of gifts)

Jen1409 said:
Becky do you have your generic OOF that you can post?

Yes - here it is...but it is specific for Michigan - 6% sales tax on product and shipping, and 0% on pantry items...

Attachments

• OOF - MINE=final.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 751
Becky do you mail out the invitations with the guest list?

Jen1409 said:
Becky do you mail out the invitations with the guest list?

Yep! I've been doing it for 6.5 years. I started 7 years ago in November, and for 6 months I struggled with last minute cancellations and parties w/ only 3-5 people in attendance. I KNEW that most if not all of those cancellations were because people weren't sending out invites, or were only inviting a few people...and I got tired of it. It was either quit, or take control of the situation. I chose to take control, and it completely turned my business around. My show avg. doubled, and my cancellation rate plummeted!

I've been trying to convince my director ever since that she needed to do this. She resisted until this June, when she had 9 shows booked, and 7 cancelled - almost all were last minute cancellations. Her family depends on her PC income, and she decided she had to do something.
She just told me yesterday that she can't believe she waited so long to do it! Her business has also turned around overnight by doing this!

Thanks Becky, I'll have to start doing it. Obviously you write off the stamps too right?

Jen1409 said:
Thanks Becky, I'll have to start doing it. Obviously you write off the stamps too right?
Yes, I keep track of it all on P3, and just print it out at the end of the year.

Those are great flyers!! I think I may have to try this too.

Thanks for all the tips and flyers Becky! To answer the question, do I get hte hostess packet back? Yes, I get it back when I host the show. Even when I didn't put the packet in the binder, I found that most of my hostesses would give me the hostess packet back. I might as well protect the sheets in a binder.

Here's a generic OOF, Jen. I print it on the back of my invitations so those that cannot attend have a form right there in their hands if they'd like to order (Also send a mini with the invite so they can shop).

Attachments

• Invitation Back.doc
    50 KB · Views: 632
Great tips and fliers/OOF!
Thanks!

WOW - I totally love the generic OOF - I really like the ones I was using before, but then you have to remember to change them every month - this is so much better - thanks :)

Becky -
You are mailing out the invitations? How are you getting your guest lists - what exactly are you telling your hosts - I've only had one host that has really done what I asked of them - and I mailed out the mini catalogs with the new holiday labels on the PC website - I'll have to let you know how that one turns out.. But no matter how many times I call them or email them - they are not getting my names and addresses. My last host just told me - well I just sent a text message to everyone ;(
HELP :)

danahv said:
Becky -
You are mailing out the invitations? How are you getting your guest lists - what exactly are you telling your hosts - I've only had one host that has really done what I asked of them - and I mailed out the mini catalogs with the new holiday labels on the PC website - I'll have to let you know how that one turns out.. But no matter how many times I call them or email them - they are not getting my names and addresses. My last host just told me - well I just sent a text message to everyone ;(
HELP :)

I have found lately that many of my hosts like to just send a Facebook invite. I still want that mini catalog to get to people though, so I like to also send an invitation.

I give out about 90% of my host packets at shows, so when I give it to them, I say that one way that I help them out is by mailing their invites for them, and they can either snail mail or email their list to me. Then (and this is the most important part!) I say that "I have found that the best attended and highest sales shows are the ones where I have also mailed out an invitation to the guests." I tell them that part of my job is creating interest in the show, and that I would like to do this for them, to help them have the very best show possible, and get all of their wish list for free and half-off.

Becky, I wanto to thank you for all your post...I cannot tell you how many of your word doc.s I have saved and changed the information on.... I feel that your post will help increase my show totals and bookings that I get at shows... I sit and think of what to say... well I come up blank, and search here and there again is one of your wonderful post... so again I say THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Traci

tvanhowling said:
Becky, I wanto to thank you for all your post...I cannot tell you how many of your word doc.s I have saved and changed the information on.... I feel that your post will help increase my show totals and bookings that I get at shows... I sit and think of what to say... well I come up blank, and search here and there again is one of your wonderful post... so again I say THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Traci

You're welcome - glad they could help!

But in all honesty...most of them are ones I've taken from other people and then tweaked to make my own. ;)

I'm new to all this and wanted to say THANKS to everyone for posting!! I've gotten wonderful ideas!!
Thanks again
Jenn

Thanks for sharing and I like the idea I putting the OOF on the back of the invitation!
I have been sending out the invitations for a year now and it really does make a difference. Not to mention that I feel more in control of my business.

What size invites do you use? A full Sheet of paper? Half sheet? Postcard size? I like the idea of posting the oof on the invite but wondered what size invite you use anyone!!
Jenn

I really need to send out the invitations. I offer EVERY time and they just say, oh, I can do it. My director has been wanting me to do this too ... you have motivated me to try harder! Thanks Becky! :)

Thank you for sharing, can't wait to put this info to work!

Amanda Spangler

1. What is a hostess packet?

A hostess packet is a collection of informational materials and product samples that are given to a hostess when she agrees to host a Pampered Chef party. The purpose of the packet is to help the hostess understand the benefits of hosting a party and to provide her with the tools she needs to successfully invite and encourage her guests to attend.

2. How can I make my hostess packet more appealing to potential hostesses?

There are a few key elements that can make your hostess packet more appealing to potential hostesses. These include including eye-catching graphics and images, highlighting the benefits and rewards of hosting a party, and providing clear and concise information about the party planning process. You can also consider including a small gift or sample of a Pampered Chef product to entice potential hostesses.

3. What should I include in my hostess packet?

Your hostess packet should include a variety of materials such as a cover letter, information about hosting benefits and rewards, party planning tips, a guest list and invitation forms, product samples or catalogs, and any other relevant information about Pampered Chef products or the party itself. You can also personalize the packet with your own contact information and a personal note to the potential hostess.

4. How can I use my hostess packet to increase sales and bookings?

Your hostess packet can be a powerful tool for increasing sales and bookings. By providing potential hostesses with all the necessary information and tools they need to host a successful party, you are making it easier for them to say yes. Additionally, including product samples or catalogs in the packet can give guests a chance to try products and place orders, increasing your sales and bookings.

5. Can I customize my hostess packet?

Yes, you can and should customize your hostess packet to fit your personal style and the needs of your potential hostess. Consider including a personal note or message to the hostess, using branded graphics and images, and tailoring the information to the specific type of party (in-home, online, fundraising, etc.). This personal touch can make the hostess feel special and increase the likelihood of her hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ksmedic
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies