• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Had Death in Family This Week - Still Having Show

In summary, the conversation revolves around a host who recently lost her niece in a tragic car accident. Despite this, she still wants to have a show and is looking forward to some time away from thinking about it. The group suggests bringing dinner for the family and demoing a 30-minute chicken dish. The show closes at $200 with two bookings, and the host is grateful for the support and care shown by the group.
pampchefrhondab
I'm having a show on Sunday. The host's niece died in a tragic car accident on Monday. The funeral is on Saturday. She still wants to have the show even tough some of the family members will of course not be coming. She will be helping raise the niece's baby son (20 months old). She said she needs to keep going on with life and really is looking forward to some time away from thinking about it all. Her husband will be taking the kids away.

We are having a Homemade for the Holidays show. We will be making the turtles and the wreaths from last year. This is going to be hands-on since the group of friends like to scrapbook - I figured they would enjoy hands-on. What else can I do to make this a fun time for the host? I really feel so bad for this family.

Thanks for and advice.

oh wow.. how terrible of a situation.. good that she's trying to "move on" but wow so quickly. Umm.. maybe you could make the host a few extra of whatever your making.. or maybe take your DCB (provided you have one) and make something in that for dinner later. Maybe bring a casserole for her family for the start of the next week? I'm not sure what I would do in that situation.. all I know is that when familes are grieving it's really hard for them to focus on actually putting together meals. Good luck..

I did a party earlier this week for a repeat host. Her and her mother were talking in the kitchen when she grabbed my attention. She asked if I remembered her brother who walked in on her last party, looked a little terrified at the room full of women and went straight into the host's bedroom. Of course I remembered it but my mouth dropped when she said her brother had just died three weeks before. I felt so sad and didn't really know what to say.

I think bringing dinner would be a great idea. She will not be expecting it, but I am sure she would be so greatful. I thought you could demo the 30 minute DCB chicken with potatoes and carrots and instead of serving it, wrap it up so they can reheat for dinner that evening. You can do the whole thing for about $10, it would be a great plug for the DCB, and you would be doing something really nice for them.

Wow dinner for her is a GREAT idea!

Believe it or not I've never done the 30 minute DCB chicken - I have done many others though. I may try this!

Thank you so much!

Good luck, and it really says a lot about your character that you were thinking so much of her, God Bless you!

Thank you all for your help and kind words.

The show went pretty good. She had 6 there and is waiting for some outside orders. She didn't go to work all week due to the death. She will be hopefully getting orders from co-workers on Monday.

Her friends of course talked w/her about the accident, funeral and all. It was hard to hear. The young girl was only 23!

I made her the 30 minute chicken. I used the Rosemary seasoning. Everyone was very impressed and I think she was happy she had dinner ready:)!

This was so easy for me and such a great idea! Thank you again!!

Rhonda, just curious as to what the show closed at?? Did you get any bookings?

PChefPEI said:
Rhonda, just curious as to what the show closed at?? Did you get any bookings?

Well the show closed at only $200, but I did get 2 bookings:)! One for Jan. and one for Feb.! So it was worth my while.

I did make her the 30 Min. Chicken and she got the DCB for 60% off.

Thanks for asking:).

I'm glad things worked out for you and your host. I'm sure she was glad to see that you cared enough to make the dinner for her and her family, and I'm sure it showed the people that booked that you cared also!

pampchefrhondab said:
Well the show closed at only $200, but I did get 2 bookings:)! One for Jan. and one for Feb.! So it was worth my while.

I did make her the 30 Min. Chicken and she got the DCB for 60% off.

Thanks for asking:).

Glad it all worked out well. And, I'd say $200 is pretty good, considering the circumstances. Good luck with the other shows! :)

1. Can I still have my Pampered Chef show if I had a death in the family this week?

Yes, you can still have your Pampered Chef show even if you experienced a death in the family this week. We understand that life events can be unexpected and we want to support you in any way we can.

2. Will my Pampered Chef consultant still come to my house for the show?

If you are comfortable with your Pampered Chef consultant coming to your house, they will still be there for your show. However, if you prefer to have a virtual show or reschedule for a later date, your consultant will be happy to accommodate your needs.

3. Is it appropriate to still have a Pampered Chef show during this difficult time?

We understand that everyone grieves differently and it is up to you to decide if having a Pampered Chef show is the right choice for you during this difficult time. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please let your consultant know and we will work with you to find a solution.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I had a death in the family this week?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for your Pampered Chef show even if you experienced a death in the family this week. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best way to redeem your rewards, whether it be through a virtual show or rescheduling for a later date.

5. Will my guests understand if I have to cancel or reschedule my Pampered Chef show due to a death in the family?

Your guests will likely be understanding and empathetic if you need to cancel or reschedule your show due to a death in the family. We value our relationships with our customers and will do everything we can to accommodate your needs during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • Judybabe