• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Close a Show Without Offending the Host?

In summary, the show was two weeks ago. The host is certain she can get additional orders to bring her show total up (currently $200). She called the host again tonight and left a message that she wanted to close her show this weekend. She doesn't want to miss it because she couldn't close the show in time. I think she may also be a potential future consultant. Do you have any effective, yet still "polite", ways of closing a show? I would close it. You might need to get a hold of the guests that have already ordered and let them know she wants to get more orders and if it's ok with them then try to get that last 40. But 2 weeks is way to long to
floccies
The show was two weeks ago. The host is certain she can get additional orders to bring her show total up (currently $200).

I am about $40ish away from my second super starter -- so I really need this show to close. So I don't want to miss it because I couldn't close the show in time. I called the host again tonight and left a message that I wanted to close her show this weekend. I don't want to be offensive.

I think she may also be a potential future consultant.

Do you have any effective, yet still "polite", ways of closing a show?

I would close it. You might need to get a hold of the guests that have already ordered and let them know she wants to get more orders and if it's ok with them then try to get that last 40. But 2 weeks is way to long to keep a show open. Those guests, I'm almost positive, are wondering where their products are. You don't want to keep them waiting that long. Close her show...and try to get another catalog show going. It's still 8 days until the end of the month and you could get that 40 plus more!!

OOPs...also...tell her it needs closed. Her guests are important customers and they deserve their products ASAP!!

Tell her that it is our policy to close within 2 weeks. She won't know the difference, and if she did sign up you could tell her that it is "our" policy like yours & your director's or something! Good luck!

This is why I always set a closing date on the first host coaching call. It has worked out REALLY well for me.

Obviously it's been two weeks and she hasn't gotten more orders, so why do our hosts think a couple more days will get them more!!!??!?!? Be firm with her and tell her that in your experience you end up waiting around for that one last order that never materializes while the rest of her guests are kept waiting for things they've already paid for, so she needs to close!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Close that show!I also think it's very important to give the host a closing date. And even when we do this, sometimes hosts know that they have a few extra days to get some more orders. Which is why they slack and take their sweet time. I agree that you should tell her that because her guests have already placed their orders, you should close soon so they get their items in a timely manner. Give her a deadline of Monday at a certain time to give her the weekend to gather any more orders. That should be enough!
BE HONEST. Tell her you will miss out on a lot of free stuff as a consultant because you need to hit your goal for the month. Tell her of the great incentives you get as a new consultant, you never know, that could also influence her into joining!
Hope you get it!

Debbie :D

I make it clear that his/her friends and family are waiting for their products."I'd hate for them to have to wait much longer. It's already been two weeks. How about I stop by on _______________?"Usually works. Not always.

1. How do I close a Pampered Chef show?

To close a Pampered Chef show, you can use the "Host Reward" program offered by the company. This program allows the host to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from their show. You can also offer special incentives or promotions to encourage guests to make purchases before the show ends. Additionally, you can ask guests if they would like to host their own show to earn even more rewards.

2. Can I extend the deadline for orders?

Yes, you can extend the deadline for orders if needed. It is important to communicate with your guests and let them know about the extended deadline. You can also offer incentives or bonuses for placing orders before the original deadline.

3. What should I do if a guest cancels their order?

If a guest cancels their order, you can follow up with them to see if there was an issue with the product or if they would like to exchange it for something else. You can also offer to help them find a replacement product or offer a refund if necessary. It is important to handle cancellations promptly and professionally to maintain a good relationship with your guests.

4. How do I handle a guest who hasn't placed their order yet?

If a guest hasn't placed their order yet, you can reach out to them and remind them about the deadline. You can also offer to help them with any questions or concerns they may have about the products. If they are still hesitant, you can offer to place their order for them or ask if they would like to host their own show to earn rewards.

5. What can I do if I'm having trouble reaching my sales goal?

If you're having trouble reaching your sales goal, you can try offering special promotions or discounts to encourage guests to make purchases. You can also reach out to friends and family to see if they would be interested in placing an order or hosting a show. Additionally, you can offer to do a virtual or in-person cooking demonstration to showcase the products and generate interest in your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinpcmorgan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
erinpcmorgan
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • kam