• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem With Closing a July Show -- "Too Many Host Specials"

In summary, the problem is with the show list and the number of items ordered by the host or co-host. The host special should only earn the co-host $190, not $265.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
I’m trying to close a show and getting this message "Too many Host Special items have been ordered by the host and/or co-host. Please review the details of the Host Special and removal additional items".

This is a July show. Guest sales were $929.67. She got $265 in free product, three 1/2 price choices and chose the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set for a 60% off item. There was no co-host.

Anyone have an idea of why it's throwing this message? I have done all updates. :confused:

go back to the hosts name and see what the red dot is next to, that might point it out.

mscharf said:
go back to the hosts name and see what the red dot is next to, that might point it out.

The only red dot on the show in listed under "finish" and says what I posted above.

This is when a call to the HO is in order. They should be able to help.

raebates said:
This is when a call to the HO is in order. They should be able to help.

But alas, they are closed for "the holiday".

Sad, but true.

I had an issue like this last night - except that P3 wanted a "ship to" zip code, for some strange reason (the guest was having it shipped direct, but I had checked "ship to contact" - and all of the contact info was there.) but it wouldn't let me actually put in a zip. I finally ended up deleting the order and starting over.

Hmm, but I guess you can't delete the host, can you? Maybe if you delete all of their order #'s and start over with the order?

there is 2 different #'s for past host and current host. Check that you have the right one in :) That's what mine was!

chefjeanine said:
I’m trying to close a show and getting this message "Too many Host Special items have been ordered by the host and/or co-host. Please review the details of the Host Special and removal additional items".

This is a July show. Guest sales were $929.67. She got $265 in free product, three 1/2 price choices and chose the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set for a 60% off item. There was no co-host.

Anyone have an idea of why it's throwing this message? I have done all updates. :confused:

How is she getting $265 in free products when $900 shows only get $190? Maybe there is a glitch in your program?

Gina M said:
How is she getting $265 in free products when $900 shows only get $190? Maybe there is a glitch in your program?

In July hosts earn more. Over $700- $75 more free.

niclowther said:
In July hosts earn more. Over $700- $75 more free.

How soon I forget the host promo:)

You probably checked this, but...

Check that the show start and end date is listed as July 09....I once selected the right month, but wrong year! Oops.

Check that only 3 half price items were selected....perhaps a 4th was checked by accident.

Also check that the nproduct number for the host special selected (SS Bowls) is not for past host.

HTH

Let us know what the issue was when you figure it out.

Koolotus said:
there is 2 different #'s for past host and current host. Check that you have the right one in :) That's what mine was!

I'm getting the same error however, it's for a past host. Where can I find the number to use for a past host? I've looked on the host special sheet and cannot find it.

Thank you!

I have this same error tonight. I guess I'll have to wait and call HO tomorrow. I've looked through all of the fine print to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I didn't - neither did you. It's a problem with P3 alright.

FYI - I just closed out P3, re-started it, it got updates and I don't have that error now.

The past host special number is the same....what is impt is to use the correct number based on show sales.

If it's the mandoline, and the sales are less than 550....use HT10....if it's the mandoline, and sales are above 550, use HT09. The stainless bowls is only available if the sales are above 550, and HT08 is used for both the host and past host.

HTH

Yep, did the same thing!

I had the same problem. I called home office and tech said they were aware of the problem and to try to reboot the program in a couple of hours. It was cleared and they made up for it as shows from last night have been shippped already! Isn't Home office great!

1. How many host specials are available for the July show?

There are typically 2-3 host specials available for the July show, but this may vary depending on the specific promotions and offers at the time.

2. Can a host choose which special they want for their July show?

No, the host specials are predetermined by Pampered Chef and cannot be chosen. However, they are always great deals and are sure to be a hit with your guests!

3. Can a host still earn rewards and discounts if there are too many host specials for their July show?

Yes, a host can still earn all of the standard rewards and discounts for hosting a show, even if there are multiple host specials available. The host specials are just an extra bonus!

4. Will the host specials for the July show be available for future shows?

The host specials for each month are only available for that specific month. However, there may be similar or even better specials available in the future, so be sure to stay in touch with your Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Can a host combine the July show's host specials with other offers or discounts?

No, host specials cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. They are already great deals on their own and cannot be combined for additional savings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
irishjc820
  • kam