• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problem with closing a July Show -- "too many Host Specials"

chefjeanine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
I’m trying to close a show and getting this message "Too many Host Special items have been ordered by the host and/or co-host. Please review the details of the Host Special and removal additional items".

This is a July show. Guest sales were $929.67. She got $265 in free product, three 1/2 price choices and chose the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set for a 60% off item. There was no co-host.

Anyone have an idea of why it's throwing this message? I have done all updates. :confused:

mscharf

Advanced Member
Oct 19, 2008
go back to the hosts name and see what the red dot is next to, that might point it out.

chefjeanine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
go back to the hosts name and see what the red dot is next to, that might point it out.

The only red dot on the show in listed under "finish" and says what I posted above.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I had an issue like this last night - except that P3 wanted a "ship to" zip code, for some strange reason (the guest was having it shipped direct, but I had checked "ship to contact" - and all of the contact info was there.) but it wouldn't let me actually put in a zip. I finally ended up deleting the order and starting over.

Hmm, but I guess you can't delete the host, can you? Maybe if you delete all of their order #'s and start over with the order?

Koolotus

Advanced Member
Feb 12, 2006
there is 2 different #'s for past host and current host. Check that you have the right one in :) That's what mine was!

Gina M

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2006
I’m trying to close a show and getting this message "Too many Host Special items have been ordered by the host and/or co-host. Please review the details of the Host Special and removal additional items".

This is a July show. Guest sales were $929.67. She got $265 in free product, three 1/2 price choices and chose the Stainless Mixing Bowl Set for a 60% off item. There was no co-host.

Anyone have an idea of why it's throwing this message? I have done all updates. :confused:

How is she getting $265 in free products when $900 shows only get $190? Maybe there is a glitch in your program?

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
You probably checked this, but...

Check that the show start and end date is listed as July 09....I once selected the right month, but wrong year! Oops.

Check that only 3 half price items were selected....perhaps a 4th was checked by accident.

Also check that the nproduct number for the host special selected (SS Bowls) is not for past host.

HTH

Let us know what the issue was when you figure it out.

Cr8vKitchen

Mar 5, 2009
there is 2 different #'s for past host and current host. Check that you have the right one in :) That's what mine was!

I'm getting the same error however, it's for a past host. Where can I find the number to use for a past host? I've looked on the host special sheet and cannot find it.

Thank you!

c00p

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2006
I have this same error tonight. I guess I'll have to wait and call HO tomorrow. I've looked through all of the fine print to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I didn't - neither did you. It's a problem with P3 alright.

c00p

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2006
FYI - I just closed out P3, re-started it, it got updates and I don't have that error now.

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
The past host special number is the same....what is impt is to use the correct number based on show sales.

If it's the mandoline, and the sales are less than 550....use HT10....if it's the mandoline, and sales are above 550, use HT09. The stainless bowls is only available if the sales are above 550, and HT08 is used for both the host and past host.

HTH

Darcy

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2005
I had the same problem. I called home office and tech said they were aware of the problem and to try to reboot the program in a couple of hours. It was cleared and they made up for it as shows from last night have been shippped already! Isn't Home office great!