• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hoopin' Fun: My Friend's College Hula Hoop Class

In summary, a group of friends discuss their newfound love for hula hooping, which is a popular workout using oversized hoops. One friend started taking a class at her college and has become hooked on the activity. They talk about the benefits and how it's surprisingly easy with the larger hoops. Some friends have had trouble finding the hoops in stores and have resorted to making their own. One friend shares photos from a recent cruise, where they had a lot of fun hula hooping.
Jo-la-la
My friend just started taking a hula hooping class at her college. They use oversized hoops, not the type that you would find at your local stores.
I made myself one and I am HOOKED on Hoopin! So fun! And apparently it's a great work out for you tummy and buns! :D

Any other hoopers out there?

I have never heard of that. Must be great for your waist too. It does sound like fun. Where do they offer this? Do you do it to music?

travelgirl said:
I have never heard of that. Must be great for your waist too. It does sound like fun. Where do they offer this? Do you do it to music?

I've just started. And you have to start out slow! After doing it for maybe 20 minutes total one day (5 minutes, 5 minutes there) my waist was sore (felt bruised but it wasn't). But now I'm on day 4 and the soreness has gone away.

My friend is taking a class at her college, I'd never heard of it before either. I will start doing it to music and I'm planning on learning tricks. I'm going to make my friend teach me what she learns and there are some great websites that I have found too.

I love it! And as a kid and even teenager I never could hoop. The larger hoop size looks a little daunting at first but it actually makes it easier!

It's my new favorite thing :p:balloon::blushing::)

This reminds me of a funny night our church did a couples "luau."

I won the hula hoop contest. I think I had an unfair advantage though because I was about 7-8 months pregnant. lol

That was about 3 years ago and I haven't "hooped" since.

Can I buy a hoop at a sports store like Sportsmart? I could never hula hoop as a kid either. I had a small one I used to swirl on my arm. but since the newer ones are easier i might give it a try.

I used to hula hoop as a kid and I loved it, dont know if I could do it again.

travelgirl said:
Can I buy a hoop at a sports store like Sportsmart? I could never hula hoop as a kid either. I had a small one I used to swirl on my arm. but since the newer ones are easier i might give it a try.

I haven't seen them. There are a lot of hoop websites that you can order from, just google hula hoop. My friends have been going everywhere looking for them and not finding them.

I've been making mine. But depending on where you live it's hard to find the tubing.

jennie4pc said:
I used to hula hoop as a kid and I loved it, dont know if I could do it again.

Yea, I've never been able to hula hoop before. The larger size hoop really helps! I look like a pro now :)

What fun! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing Deb! I stole quite a few of them!! Different views, ya know!!:D

So glad everyone had such a wonderful time!

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

I had fun as a kid, heck I still like to hoola! :icecream:

Ohhh great pictures Deb! I'm bummed that I don't think I got the chance to meet you on this trip, I think I was too pre-occupied with the Roulette table LoL... that was a big mistake!!!! He He

1. What is "Hoopin' Fun: My Friend's College Hula Hoop Class"?

"Hoopin' Fun: My Friend's College Hula Hoop Class" is a hula hoop fitness class offered by my friend's college. It is a fun and energetic way to exercise and learn new hula hoop tricks.

2. Do I need to know how to hula hoop to join the class?

No, you do not need any prior hula hooping experience to join the class. Our instructor will teach you all the basic techniques and moves.

3. What should I wear to the hula hoop class?

Wear comfortable workout clothes that allow you to move freely. We also recommend wearing athletic shoes for better grip and support.

4. Can I bring my own hula hoop to the class?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own hula hoop to the class. However, hula hoops will also be provided for use during the class.

5. Is this class only for college students?

No, this class is open to anyone who is interested in hula hooping and wants to have fun while getting a workout. All ages and skill levels are welcome!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat