• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to School: Pursuing My Dream of Becoming a Family Counselor

enough so that you're not dependent on other people's approval. And then, when you're in a relationship, you'll be able to give and receive love in a way that is genuine and authentic.This is a great message! I think it's important for people to remember that they need to love themselves before they can love someone else. That way, they'll be able to give and receive love in a way that is genuine and authentic.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I've been kind of sparse around here lately... Just been taking a step back from PC for a while. Anyway - this is completely off topic but I thought I'd share. :)

I'm enrolling for fall classes with my local community college. I'll be working towards a very far off goal. I'm going back to get my bachelor's & eventually master's degrees in family & marital counseling.

I wanted to do this when I graduated high school but my family talked me out of it because "You won't make any money at it". So, here I am full-circle going back to school.

Wish me luck!

Oh - and I'm track "B" for conference... :D

Good for you! I can imagine you as a very good counselor. I'm in track B, too. Maybe we'll have a chance to hang out.

Thanks, Rae for the wonderful compliment. It's going to be a long road, but well worth it in the end. I figure if it takes me 10 years (I'm doing the slow, I'm a mom & need to do school part time route) I'll graduate with my master's the same year my oldest dd grads high school. :) We can have our parties together...

Crystal, I'm so proud of you, and you're level of commitment. Please keep us posted about your progress (frustrations as well as successes!). I'm looking forward to meeting you at NC, even though I'm Track A.

As a recruiter for a large health care system (including a Behavioral Hospital and Outpatient Psych Services), I would have to agree with your family regarding pay (especially if no masters degree). If I could say one thing, two fields WELL underpaid are social workers/counselors/psych field (minus M.D.) and Registered Dieticians (masters is required). I can't believe what people get paid in those fields...BUT...where I do disagree with the fam...GO FOR IT! If it's your passion and you look forward to going to work everyday then its all worth it! Some make good money but hate what they do...when you love what you do its never work.

KUDOS to you!

AWESOME CRYSTAL! And I can tell you from experience, my family did to me what yours did to you. I wanted to be a teacher. Well, I am a computer programmer/operator. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting laid off last November. Never tell my folks that! I liked the people I worked with in about 6 different companies over the last 23 years but the job itself STUNK!!! I was never really happy.
That is so cool! You go girl! Rae and I are gonna pick your brain at NC though! I think we both need HELP with our other halves! Rae only clued me into that because she spends WAY TO MUCH TIME OUT HERE! Only kidding Rae!!

pampered1224 said:
Rae and I are gonna pick your brain at NC though! I think we both need HELP with our other halves! Rae only clued me into that because she spends WAY TO MUCH TIME OUT HERE! Only kidding Rae!!

LOL! I'm gonna tell The Furry Guy you said that. :) The funny thing is that he loves hearing about all of the goofy stuff that goes on here.

GOOD because I do not want to get hurt!

Thank you all for the wonderful encouragement. It really means a lot to me. I've got life experiences (don't we all?) that I feel will really help me to empathize with families & children that need help.

I go on Tuesday to meet with the academic advisor, plus I think some of my credits from my first attempt at college may transfer. If they all do, I'll be about 12 credit hours ahead of where I thought I would be. Please pray for that to happen! :) I've already filled out my financial aid forms, here's hoping that some where out there is some extra money to help me do this.

John - as far as the advice at conference... I'm just startin' out, remember! :)

Crystal, just from what I know about you from out here, any advice you give would probably be top notch! Especially when most of the advice I have gotten in the past has come from people who are now either divorced separated or getting there! You know what I mean? You are gonna be darn good at it!

pampered1224 said:
GOOD because I do not want to get hurt!

Oh, The Furry Guy's harmless. I'm the one who kicks ankles. :D

John - here's my first piece of advice that I would give anyone... ;) free of charge :D

In order to be loved by someone else, you have to love yourself first. I don't mean that in an ego-centric, self-absorbed way. Just love yourself enough to know that you are worth it as a child of God to be loved & treated with respect. ;) That is something that life & being around my mother has taught me. Being around mom not in a good way. She doesn't love herself & won't let anyone else love her either.

So, there ya go. Maybe in 10 years when I have my degree, I'll be able to back that advice up with a piece of paper. LOL!

What is the "Back to School I Go" collection?

The "Back to School I Go" collection is a collection of kitchen tools and accessories designed to make packing school lunches and preparing after-school snacks easier and more efficient. It includes items such as sandwich cutters, storage containers, and mini food processors.

Are the products in the "Back to School I Go" collection safe for children to use?

Yes, the products in the "Back to School I Go" collection are designed with safety in mind. They are made with high-quality materials that are durable and free from harmful chemicals. However, it is still important to supervise children while they are using these tools.

Can the products in the "Back to School I Go" collection be used for other purposes besides packing lunches?

Definitely! While these products are great for packing school lunches, they can also be used for a variety of other purposes in the kitchen. For example, the sandwich cutters can be used to make fun-shaped cookies or the storage containers can be used to store leftovers.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to purchase items from the "Back to School I Go" collection?

No, anyone can purchase items from the "Back to School I Go" collection. You do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to enjoy the convenience and functionality of these products.

Are there any special promotions or discounts available for the "Back to School I Go" collection?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I can offer special promotions and discounts on the "Back to School I Go" collection. Contact me for more information on current promotions and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
Replies
Views
raebates