• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to School Blues...as a Teacher

In summary, teaching can be an exhausting and demanding job, especially when balancing other responsibilities like family and a business. It's normal to feel burnt out and overwhelmed, but it's important to prioritize self-care and ask for help when needed. Remember to find a balance that works for you and know that you're not alone in feeling this way.
cewcooks
I have back to school blues because I teach and when I come home and I am sooo tired to even make dinner for my family. My biz is sufferin, I need to get back in the swing but I just can't seem to get there yet. I teach second grade special ed/gen ed combo class... All I want to do is sleep. Today is the first day I have been on this site in several days:(

Anyone else teach and feel the same way.

Sorry your feeling so blah. I don't teach any more. I subbed for three years and taught P.E. part time before that. Basically, teaching drains me. Special ed as a sub could be very draining, especially in the elementary. I know how it feels to be drained from teaching, and I wasn't near as responsible for the class as you. I find green tea revives me without overdoing it. It doesn't keep me awake at night, make my stomach irritated and I don't get the shakes.

Is there any time during the day where you can carve out time at work just to make a few phone calls? Carve just 15 more minutes to make calls after dinner, too. You may be able to get motivated if you know you only have to give it 15 minutes. Chocolate works quite well for me too. Chocolate covered peanuts or raisins could help get a little nutrition in you too.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Teaching is such a demanding and exhausting job, and it's even harder when you have to balance it with other responsibilities like taking care of your family and running a business. It's totally normal to feel burnt out and overwhelmed, especially at the beginning of the school year when everything is still new and you're trying to get into a routine.One thing that has helped me is setting aside some time each week to prioritize self-care. Whether it's taking a bubble bath, going for a walk, or just watching your favorite TV show, it's important to take care of yourself so you have the energy to take care of others. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help from your family and colleagues. It's okay to delegate tasks and take some of the load off your shoulders.Hang in there, and know that you're not alone in feeling this way. Teaching can be tough, but it's also incredibly rewarding. Just remember to take care of yourself and find a balance that works for you. We're all in this together!

Related to Back to School Blues...as a Teacher

1. How can I make the transition back to school easier for my students?

As a teacher, it's important to create a welcoming and supportive environment for your students. This can include having a classroom theme or decorations that reflect the excitement of the new school year, establishing a daily routine, and getting to know your students' interests and learning styles.

2. How can I prepare for the new school year without feeling overwhelmed?

Start by setting realistic goals and priorities for the year. Create a schedule to organize your time and tasks, and make sure to take breaks and practice self-care. Utilize resources such as lesson plan templates and organizational tools to help streamline your workload.

3. How can I prevent burnout during the school year?

It's important to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy work-life balance. This can include setting boundaries, taking breaks and time off, and having a support system of colleagues and friends. Additionally, try to find ways to incorporate fun and creativity into your teaching to keep things fresh and enjoyable.

4. How can I handle difficult students or behavior problems in the classroom?

First, establish clear expectations and rules for behavior in the classroom. If a student is consistently displaying disruptive behavior, try to have a one-on-one conversation with them to understand the root cause and come up with a solution together. Utilize resources such as behavior management strategies and seeking support from colleagues and administrators when needed.

5. How can I keep my students engaged and motivated throughout the school year?

Incorporate a variety of teaching methods and activities to keep students interested. This can include hands-on projects, group work, technology, and incorporating their interests into lessons. It's also important to provide positive reinforcement and celebrate successes to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies