• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Summer Balance: Working and Parenting with a Pampered Chef Biz

In summary, balancing a Pampered Chef business with parenthood during the summer can be achieved by creating a schedule, involving children in the business, and utilizing time management techniques. It is possible to maintain a successful business while taking care of children by making adjustments and hiring help. To make the most of summer for the business, consider offering summer-themed products, hosting outdoor events, and utilizing social media. Staying organized and productive as a parent and consultant can be achieved by setting goals, using organization tools, and delegating tasks. To involve children in the business while maintaining a professional image, set boundaries and create a separate workspace.
cewcooks
Here is my situation, I have my PC biz but I also work for a county school system as a special ed teacher, and this summer, there is no summer school which I normally work 1/2 day during summer for july and august, there is a local job fair coming up, so do I try to get a job for the summer and still do PC, I like the flexibility of the summer, but I don't want to spend all summer at home, I also have a daughter to consider?? Any ideas..:confused:

I think this is one you are going to have to decide on your own. Only you know your financial situation. Would you be able to make it on your PC income for the summer? Also, consider if you are home with your daughter are you going to have to "entertain" her with day trips (added expense)? If you get a summer job, will it be flexible enough for you?

I think the best thing to do is figure it out financially first. Then, if you decide that you can depend on just your PC income, put together a list of pros and cons.

Good Luck!

Financially, I think we will be fine, PC is not my sole source of income, yes I would have to entertain her and if it's a reflection of this past spring break an occasional friend or two? My husband makes 3x as much even in the regular school year, maybe a part time job thanks I still have some thinkin to do

Related to Finding Summer Balance: Working and Parenting with a Pampered Chef Biz

1. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with being a parent during the summer?

Balancing work and parenting during the summer can be challenging, but it is possible. One tip is to create a schedule and stick to it. Set aside specific times for work and for quality time with your children. Additionally, involve your children in your business by having them help with simple tasks or hosting a cooking party with their friends. This can make work feel more like family time and help you find a balance.

2. Is it possible to maintain a successful Pampered Chef business while also taking care of my children during the summer?

Yes, it is possible to have a successful business and be a present parent during the summer. It may require some adjustments and prioritizing, but with proper planning and time management, you can achieve both. You can also consider hiring a babysitter or enrolling your children in summer camps to give you dedicated work time.

3. How can I make the most of the summer months for my Pampered Chef business?

Summer can be a great time for your business as people are often more relaxed and open to hosting parties or trying new recipes. Take advantage of this by offering special summer-themed products or hosting outdoor cooking events. You can also use social media to share your business and products with a wider audience.

4. What are some strategies for staying organized and productive as a parent and Pampered Chef consultant?

One strategy is to set daily or weekly goals for both your business and parenting. This can help you stay focused and motivated. Additionally, make use of organization tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and tasks. It can also be helpful to delegate tasks and ask for help from family and friends when needed.

5. How can I involve my children in my Pampered Chef business while still maintaining a professional image?

Involving your children in your business can be a fun and rewarding experience for both you and your children. To maintain a professional image, consider setting boundaries and expectations for your children's involvement. For example, they can assist with packaging or setting up for parties, but not be present during business meetings or calls. You can also create a separate workspace or office area where you can focus on work without interruptions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christina Wood
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • Lisa Frederick