• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving Time & $$$ This Summer.....

In summary, Darla recommends that hosts increase their show schedule in order to earn more money this summer. She also provides ideas on how to save money, such as promoting your website for on-line orders, working fairs, and hosting Mega Shows. Finally, she suggests coaching hosts on how to most effectively share information about shows with their customers.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I just got this from Darla Oelmann and thought it was great and wanted to share!!

As we talked last week, we are all facing the pressures of rising prices at the gas pumps and other areas. But I strongly feel that we can have a business that is stronger in the end, but there is a huge factor to this success. You must consistently work your business and have the attitude of service for your customers. I hope that all of you are choosing to “swim” this summer and have a “survivor mentality”.

I shared in my last article how we can help our customers and host see the value of attending a show where we share fast, easy and economical ideas to help with their time and saving money. This article we are going to explore ideas to help you save money too!

First I would like to share some things to think about when you are weighing the pros and cons of driving to Show. It is frightening to fill your tank with $4 a gallon gas, but think of the alternatives to earning money to pay for that gas.

If you were to get a part time job, would your wages be much more than $7.50 –
$9.00 an hour? What distance would you have to drive to get to that job? How
frequently would you make that drive?

OR

Doing one Show a week could earn you $400 a month or more with our average
Show. Add Catalog and Internet Shows to this, plus On-line Orders and you have
even more in commissions. $4 a gallon is much easier to handle when you know
you can earn about $25 an hour or more!

I am suggesting that instead of shying away from doing Shows due to the cost of gas, increase your Show schedule to earn even more money! Do Catalog and Internet Shows, but don’t solely rely on them for your sales. We all know that they are the icing on the cake, but not the fastest way to gain future business.

Here are some ideas to earning more this summer:

1. Add more Shows to your calendar. Look at your family schedule and decide when you can do Shows. Are you taking a vacation? Can you do a Show while visiting family or at the campsite? (Remember you can use a portion of your vacation as a write-off then!)

2. Do more Catalog and Internet Shows (Internet Shows are done strictly over the website once you register your Host’s Show)

3. Promote your website for on-line Orders. Do an email newsletter to your customer base using the great info provided by HO.

4. Work fairs, booths and community events this summer. Setting up a booth and taking orders and leads for Shows and Recruits is well worth the time and money. Plus if you are outdoors on a beautiful day you get a tan!

5. Schedule a Mega Show. Having 4-6 (or whatever # you want) Host come to one location and you do the work of one Show but gain the benefits of multiple Shows.

6. Post info for recipes, Power Cooking Show, etc on your web site instead of making copies for everyone at your Show. Have them go to your website and retrieve that info, so no copying costs for you! (Plus while they are at your web site, encourage them to shop the Outlet and check out other benefits and info)

7. Along those same lines, only give out Catalogs to customers when at Shows. Make one copy of the Specials and pass that around. Save money by not making so many copies of things you would normally put in a customer folder.

8. If traveling a distance to hold a Show, try to schedule more than one. (Sat 9:45 a.m. and 4 p.m.) One trip, two Shows.

9. Make sure you are Host Coaching for maximum attendance. A win-win for you and the Host. Coach her as to what to share with family and friends about the benefit of attending the Show to hear how to save time and money in the kitchen. (See last weeks article) Offer Cool Summer Power Cooking ideas (See additional attachments). Offer Grilling Shows, patio, deck or pool Shows.

10. When customers are too busy to come to a Show – go to them! Tail gate at the ball field or do a lunch time or after-work Show.

Here is another thing to consider when thinking about traveling to a Show.

We are currently allowed a .505 cent a mile deduction on your taxes. While you
don’t get this right away, it is a savings to offset the gas prices!

As always, I would love to hear what your money savings ideas for working your business are!

WOW! What great info, thanks for sharing! Reading it just gave me an idea. Tell hosts, to save on gas, anyone who car pools gets a gift! :D

PampMomof3 said:
I just got this from Darla Oelmann and thought it was great and wanted to share!!

9. Make sure you are Host Coaching for maximum attendance. A win-win for you and the Host. Coach her as to what to share with family and friends about the benefit of attending the Show to hear how to save time and money in the kitchen. (See last weeks article) Offer Cool Summer Power Cooking ideas (See additional attachments). Offer Grilling Shows, patio, deck or pool Shows.

Any way we could see those additional attachments?:D

Love it, thanks Kristi!

ChefBeckyD said:
Any way we could see those additional attachments?:D
absolutely if I had gotten them!! I'll email my upline now!:blushing:

Great tips Kristi--thanks! I was going to ask about the attachments too!

PampMomof3 said:
absolutely if I had gotten them!! I'll email my upline now!:blushing:

Any success with this Kristi?

Not to be a pest or anything :blushing: - it just really intrigued me!

Thanks Kristi, you're da bomb!!! ;) :D
This is great, valuable information!:thumbup:

I did email her but she's in Ohio helping her son move so she said she;ll let me know when she returns to florida next week. Sorry!

PampMomof3 said:
I did email her but she's in Ohio helping her son move so she said she;ll let me know when she returns to florida next week. Sorry!

Thanks Kristi for checking....I'll just sit here and wait patiently.....(drumming my fingernails on the table VERY patiently...:rolleyes: )

This was awesome! I shared it with my team to encourage them on keeping their businesses going strong this summer. Thanks for sharing, and I'll look forward to seeing the attachments.

Oh no, I sure do hope they have them! I'm keeping my fingers crossed while hiding in the corner!:blushing:

I don't know ... my upline sent me something from Darla on this subject, but it wasn't that ... she did, however, point out that the Consultant News had articles on this very subject.

1. How can I save time when preparing meals this summer?

One way to save time when preparing meals this summer is by using our quick and easy kitchen tools. Our choppers, slicers, and grinders make meal prep a breeze, allowing you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the summer weather.

2. What are some tips for saving money on groceries during the summer?

Buying in bulk, shopping at farmers' markets, and meal planning are all great ways to save money on groceries during the summer. Also, taking advantage of seasonal produce can help you save money and add variety to your meals.

3. How can I make grilling more efficient and cost-effective?

Investing in high-quality, durable grilling tools and accessories can save you time and money in the long run. Also, using marinades and rubs can add flavor to cheaper cuts of meat, making them just as tasty as more expensive options.

4. What are some affordable and healthy meal options for the summer?

Grilled vegetables, salads, and fruit are all great options for affordable and healthy summer meals. You can also try incorporating more plant-based proteins, such as beans and lentils, into your meals to save money on meat.

5. How can I make the most of leftovers to save time and money?

Leftovers can be a lifesaver during busy summer days. To make the most of them, try repurposing them into new meals, such as turning grilled chicken into a salad or using leftover vegetables in a stir-fry. You can also freeze leftovers for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PampMomof3