• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boxes of School Supplies: Finding a New Home for My Teaching Treasures

In summary, the woman has a lot of unused teaching supplies from 7 years ago. She is not able to afford to teach in Michigan, so she is selling some of the supplies and giving some to a school district. She is also thinking of donating the supplies to another school.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hi all,

7 years ago I got a teaching certificate. At that time, the mother of a friend of mine retired and gave me everything from her classroom. I mean EVERYTHING. I easily had thousands of dollars worth of stuff - you name it, I had it. Her classroom must have been veryyyyyy full.

Anywhoo, fast forward 7 years. Michigan is an almost impossible job market (really wish I had realized that before spending $30,000 on a teaching degree), and I'm not willing to move. And I've been promoted at my job enough that I would have to almost cut my existing salary in half to be a first year teacher, and I don't want to do that. (Fret not....perhaps in a few years when my debt-to-income ratio is much smaller, I'll try again...can't give up on a dream....)

But, in the meantime, I have a garage full of teaching supplies, regerences, equipment, and quite honestly, I can't remember what else because it's been so long since I've looked at it. It's been in my garage for 7 years, and I've actually moved it twice.

I sold some stuff (for pennies on the dollar), given some to a local school district, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the rest of it now. Anyone have any ideas? Have any line on school districts that may want to take it off my hands? Any other ideas?

You may want to check with daycares. They loved it when I brought in some of my mom's old school supplies.

What about churches for their sunday school programs or youth groups??

I bet some schools in downtown GR would LOVE you. Maybe check with La Grave CRC or Madison Square? They've got to have some hookups.

I like the idea of donating it to another school. There are teachers out there who cannot afford to purchase stuff for their rooms. Call around and see if the schools have a program that allows you to donate it (tax write off too!)

I don't know about every school but I am teaching in Ohio in a brand new school where we can't afford many if any supplies and my students are 40-60% on free lunch because they also can not afford anything including supplies. So my guess is almost any school would love anything. Just because the building is beautiful doesn't mean the inside is beautifully supplied.

What about the local moms who homeschool? They could probably use the stuff.

1. What is included in the "Boxes of School Supplies"?

The "Boxes of School Supplies" includes a variety of essential school supplies such as pencils, pens, erasers, markers, crayons, rulers, scissors, and glue.

2. How many items come in a single box?

Each "Box of School Supplies" contains approximately 25-30 items, depending on the specific box chosen. The exact number may vary slightly.

3. Can I choose the specific items I want in my box?

No, the "Boxes of School Supplies" come pre-packaged with a variety of essential school supplies. However, you can choose from different box options to fit your needs, such as a box for elementary school students or high school students.

4. Are these supplies suitable for all ages?

Yes, the "Boxes of School Supplies" are suitable for all ages, from elementary school students to college students. The supplies included are chosen to be useful for a wide range of academic levels.

5. Can I request a specific brand for the supplies?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific brand for the supplies included in the "Boxes of School Supplies." However, we ensure that all the supplies are of high quality and meet our standards for the best learning experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • Trisa D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies