• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Mini-Catalogs? Tacky or No?

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not to use the mini-cat holiday catalogs as invitations. It was suggested that they be used as a combined invitation with a regular invitation or to print stickers to go on the mini-cat. However, it was also mentioned that they may be better off given away at a show as a gift idea instead of just during the Christmas season.
augmommychef
Silver Member
I have quite a few Holiday 2008 mini-catalogs left and I really don't want to waste them. I was wondering if I could send them out with my host invites or would that seem weird (since the holidays are over and all)? Thoughts?

I don't think I'd use them as invites. Maybe as ones to hand out to people you meet when you are out and about? I have so many of those leftover as well. I really don't know what to do with them. They really do seem all about the holidays, so I'm hesitant to give them out. Then I was thinking maybe next fall I could use them, but then the prices will probably be different. So I'm not sure what to do.

I totally want to kick myself if the *ss because they were selling Fall Mini's at Leadership for $1.75/pack and I thought that's what I had at home so I didn't bother picking them up! Arghh! Now I have 40+ invitations to send for a host with no mini's (except the holiday ones) to include. Blech.

I have never used a mini for an invite, but that was what was suggested over and over again at Leadership. Do you combine it with a regular invitation or do you print up stickers to go on the mini??? I was a little confused about how they "used the mini as an invitation". If you put it in an envelope, a regular invitation does not fit in an envelope - help please!!

I wouldn't use the mini holiday catalogs as invites but I would still bring them to your shows. I put them out just for people to look at to get some entertaining and gift ideas. Nice to see a product in a different way.

I was not necessarily referring to the holiday mini, I was just curious about using mini's as invitations in general. That seemed to be all the craze at Leadership and was just wondering how they used it.

cookinginKentucky said:
I have never used a mini for an invite, but that was what was suggested over and over again at Leadership. Do you combine it with a regular invitation or do you print up stickers to go on the mini??? I was a little confused about how they "used the mini as an invitation". If you put it in an envelope, a regular invitation does not fit in an envelope - help please!!

I've been using this for quite some time & have seen lots of benefits. I've seen attendance, outside sales & wish lists go up. I use the mini-cat in an envelope with a flyer invite. All of it fits perfectly & still only one .42 stamp.

I hope they can get over the Tacky. That is what I am sending. That is what I have. Not worried, it is not all Christmas in there and the gift ideas are for Birthdays too!
Send them if you have them, I think it is better than not sending at all :) my 2 cents (tacky, tacky me!)

I have a few left too, maybe 15. My plan is to give them to the guests at my next show with the full catalog, and point out to them that if they have any birthdays/weddings/showers coming up, that it has some great gift ideas, not just for Christmas presents.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a non-holiday themed "gift idea" mini-cat that was available year round?! I really love how they show their gift ideas - such great presentation, gift wrap and photography!

On another note, I didn't get a single order from ANYONE that I gave a mini-cat too... I passed them out at a booth at a craft fair, and to a few other people... Oh well!

AnnieBee said:
I have a few left too, maybe 15. My plan is to give them to the guests at my next show with the full catalog, and point out to them that if they have any birthdays/weddings/showers coming up, that it has some great gift ideas, not just for Christmas presents.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a non-holiday themed "gift idea" mini-cat that was available year round?! I really love how they show their gift ideas - such great presentation, gift wrap and photography!

On another note, I didn't get a single order from ANYONE that I gave a mini-cat too... I passed them out at a booth at a craft fair, and to a few other people... Oh well!

Great point! I'm going to do this. It makes more sense when you explain it this way to people too.

1. Can I use the Holiday Mini-Catalogs as a form of holiday gift-giving?

Yes, the Holiday Mini-Catalogs are a great way to give the gift of cooking and entertaining to friends and family. They make great stocking stuffers or can be included in a gift basket.

2. Are the products in the Holiday Mini-Catalogs only available during the holiday season?

No, most of the products featured in the Holiday Mini-Catalogs are available year-round. However, there may be some limited edition items that are only available during the holiday season.

3. Are the prices in the Holiday Mini-Catalogs different from the regular catalog?

No, the prices in the Holiday Mini-Catalogs are the same as the regular catalog. However, there may be special holiday discounts or promotions available.

4. Is it considered tacky to give a Pampered Chef product as a gift?

No, Pampered Chef products are high-quality and useful items that make great gifts for anyone who loves to cook or entertain. They are not considered tacky at all.

5. Can I order items from the Holiday Mini-Catalogs online?

Yes, you can order items from the Holiday Mini-Catalogs online through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's personal website. You can also contact your consultant directly to place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefChris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jennywardpc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies