• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Gift Certificate and Guest Special?

question?I just got off the phone with HO. They said she couldn't put it in online, but if she submits her order with her gift certificate in the mail and writes the guest special item numbers down, they will honor it that way. It sounded like they really didn't want to do it, but when I told them that this was the reason that I don't sell our gift certificates (b/c they can't always get the guest special and customers don't understand why - not very "customer service" oriented, IMO), she spoke to her supervisor and told me to have her mail in her order.
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I have a good friend - she's done several shows with me (including my first) and just did her wedding registry with me and got her registry rewards last month. Someone she knows bought her a PC Gift Certificate (from another consultant - the nerve! ;)) and she was waiting to use it this month on the forged cutlery since it's on sale. She just emailed me asking how to do this, so I tried to walk through it myself on the main PC website, and only the full-priced Forged Cutlery are showing up - not the guest special prices. Is she going to be able to get them at the sale price? It says on the guest special flyer that it includes individual orders and online orders, but what the heck kind of order is hers?? I hate to tell her she can't use a $75 wedding gift for the knives she's had her heart set on getting - what can I do?!?! HELP!! :(

Bumping - can anyone help with this?

The guest special is not always available on online orders and it appears that this may be the case with this special. Unfortunately that is the only way she can use a gift certificate. That is the reason I don't encourage their purchase. If someone wants one I explain how it works and offer my own version but it's up to the purchaser.

You could offer to buy it from her and use it yourself when you need something.

I just checked and the host special flyer says that the sale price IS allowed with online orders for the August special. She does have to put the guest special number in and not the regular one for the knives.

I would have her try again and then call PC if she can't do it.

BethCooks4U said:
The guest special is not always available on online orders and it appears that this may be the case with this special. Unfortunately that is the only way she can use a gift certificate. That is the reason I don't encourage their purchase. If someone wants one I explain how it works and offer my own version but it's up to the purchaser.

You could offer to buy it from her and use it yourself when you need something.

I know - I don't sell our GCs either for this reason. Like I said, she got it from someone who went to a different consultant (even though she was registered with ME - grr!). Anyway, I think I'll call HO and see what they say. I know it says that the sale price is available for online orders, but when I tried to do a "test" order on the main PC website (like I was the one with the GC), the knives only came up as full-price. I'll try again and see what I can come up with.

I was thinking of just taking the GC from her as "payment" and using it myself but I wasn't sure if there were constraints on that b/c it's in her name. Do you know anything about that?

cathyskitchen said:
I was thinking of just taking the GC from her as "payment" and using it myself but I wasn't sure if there were constraints on that b/c it's in her name. Do you know anything about that?
They ARE transferrable. PC goes by the number on the certificate not the name. A lot of people do that to help people who are upset by the restrictions (especially having to pay direct shipping with them). I am not positive but I think you might be able to use it for supplies too - ASK when you call and let us know for sure!

They do it that way because if it was purchased on a show the commission and show credit was already paid.

I did catch that she didn't buy it from you but maybe she was getting it on another show to help another friend...

Have her put the guest specialitem number in when she is on the website and see if the special price will come up that way.

I just got off the phone with HO. They said she couldn't put it in online, but if she submits her order with her gift certificate in the mail and writes the guest special item numbers down, they will honor it that way. It sounded like they really didn't want to do it, but when I told them that this was the reason that I don't sell our gift certificates (b/c they can't always get the guest special and customers don't understand why - not very "customer service" oriented, IMO), she spoke to her supervisor and told me to have her mail in her order. I guess that answers my question.

What a pain. Well at least she has a way to use it.

What is a Ho Gift Certificate?

A Ho Gift Certificate is a special gift certificate that can be purchased from Pampered Chef and used towards any products or services offered by the company.

How can I purchase a Ho Gift Certificate?

Ho Gift Certificates can be purchased directly from Pampered Chef's website or through a consultant. They can also be purchased as a gift for someone else.

How do I redeem a Ho Gift Certificate?

To redeem a Ho Gift Certificate, it can be used as a form of payment during an online order or presented to a consultant during an in-person order. The amount of the certificate will be applied towards the total purchase.

What is the Guest Special for Ho Gift Certificates?

The Guest Special for Ho Gift Certificates varies throughout the year, but it typically offers a discounted or free product with the purchase of a certain value of Ho Gift Certificates. Check the current Guest Special on Pampered Chef's website or consult with a consultant for more information.

Can I use a Ho Gift Certificate towards shipping and handling fees?

Yes, Ho Gift Certificates can be used towards the total purchase amount, including any applicable shipping and handling fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • xmxsummer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
xmxsummer
  • MandyK