• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Guest Pays With a Gift Certificate

M
MandyK
Okay, a customer has a gift certificate she wants to use at a show to pay for her order. How do you do that? I don't see anything on P3 -- just check, cc, consultant gift, etc.

From what I understand, she doesn't use it through you, she needs to order through the company. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I understand it

She cannot use a gift certificate toward an order placed on a show. If it was bought by someone at a show the credit was already given for the sale.

The only way she can use it is to mail her order in to PC or do it on line at www.pamperedchef.com. This is why I do not promote the PC gift certificates. Customers get mad that they can't use them at shows (I do understand why but they don't) and they don't want to pay the extra shipping.

You can, however, buy the gift certificate from her for face value and then use it yourself next time you want to buy something on the outlet or an online gift for someone. She could then use the cash to order on that show.

Last edited:
Thanks! Faster Than Calling My Director -- You Guys Rock!

That's a great idea, Beth! I should have thought of that. I've only had it come up once. I do my own gc, but that have to redeem it through me. That way they CAN use it a the next show I see them at.

Yeah, I don't promote the gift certificates anymore. I also make sure that anyone purchasing a gc understands that the recipient cannot use it at a show, even if it's their own show. I mean I really make sure they understand. And, yes, I offer my on gc. I like Beth's idea about "buying back" the gc, though. Thanks!

I actually discourage the purchase of the PC gift certificate but if someone wants it I make sure that they understand how it works. I offer my own GC too.

I like the "buy back" idea. I keep wishing the HO would change the policy and let customers use them at a show and the amount spent over the gc value can go towards the show sales!

I don't even talk about the gc unless someone specifically asks.

1. How do I use a gift certificate to pay for an order at a show?

To use a gift certificate to pay for an order at a show, you will need to follow these steps:

• Step 1: Locate the gift certificate and check its balance to ensure there is enough to cover the order total.
  • Step 2: When processing the order, select the payment method as "Gift Certificate."
  • Step 3: Enter the gift certificate number and any other required information.
  • Step 4: The gift certificate amount will be applied to the order total, and the remaining balance can be paid with another accepted payment method.

2. Where can I find the option to pay with a gift certificate on P3?

The option to pay with a gift certificate can be found on P3 when processing an order. It will be listed as one of the payment methods, along with check, credit card, and consultant gift.

3. Can I use a gift certificate to pay for an order online?

If you are processing an order online, you will not be able to use a gift certificate as a form of payment. Gift certificates can only be used for in-person orders at shows or events.

4. Is there a limit to how much of an order can be paid with a gift certificate?

There is no limit to how much of an order can be paid with a gift certificate. As long as the gift certificate has enough funds to cover the order total, it can be used as the sole form of payment.

5. Can I combine multiple gift certificates to pay for an order?

Yes, it is possible to combine multiple gift certificates to pay for an order. You will need to enter the gift certificate numbers and amounts separately when processing the order, and the total amount will be deducted from the order total.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Lifeat50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam