• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Experience at Wave 2 and 3 with These Helpful Logistics Tips

In summary, the Hilton provides double beds in addition to regular rooms, and some people were given single beds instead of the double they were expecting. The buses come to the hotel's 8th Street entrance and there are signs directing people to the right place. There are also signs at the conference center listing the session times and locations. Don't leave the general sessions early, and be sure to get the free gift if you make a purchase during the conference.
babywings76
Gold Member
Well, I hope they'll be of help anyway. ;)I won't post spoilers, but thought I'd share a few things that might help those leaving soon for Wave 2 and then 3.1. First off, the beds at the Hilton are double beds, I think at the Sheraton as well. We weren't aware of the size of the bed, so it came to a surprise for us. So now you know...2. Some people, as they checked in, were told they were all out of the 2 bed/2 bath rooms. So they were given a single bed room. However, the bed turned out to be a King size and the room was very large and there was room for 2 roll-away beds. So if that happens, see about getting those arrangements.3. Don't split the bill there. When we got there I asked the desk agent if I could put my share of the bill on my CC. She said that was fine and to do it when everyone in our room arrived and we'd get it situated. 2 of us put down our credit cards, and the other 2 paid together (the room leader). At checkout though, our 2 credit card payments weren't reflected on the room leader's bill. This turned out to be a mess at the front desk, and it seemed that the same thing happened to others. They decided that it would've been better if only the room leader had paid and we reimbursed her, or if ALL 4 of us each presented a credit card. 4. The buses come to the 8th St. entrance to the Hilton. So coming off the elevators, turn right and go down. Pass the Kitty O'Shea's restaurant and then you'll see the PC signs. There's a big poster thing that lists the whole schedule of conference and the bus schedules. 5. For those who want coffee in the morning. There is a little coffee machine in the rooms, or there is a Carribou Coffee kitty corner to where you go outside to the buses. Coffee is also available at breakfast on Day 2 and 3.6. At the McCormick center, lots of us were getting lost finding our rooms. The rooms are pretty close to each other, but it's still a bit confusing. There are signs up high on the walls pointing the way to the room #'s, but even still it was confusing sometimes. So watch the signs and also ask the staff if you can't find it.7. The HO tour line begins in the main open area. Our tickets given to us labeled the "Gate" that it was at and then we were running all over the place trying to find it. Then an HO person pointed out the section in the main conference registration/ vendor room. It is a huge room and so even though there are signs, they still don't really jump out at you sometimes. There's a ton of them, too.8. Don't leave the general sessions early. Some people thought it was over and ended up missing out on a free product gift.9. Merrill has a special gift they give for a certain purchase amount, but they only have a limited amount for each session. If that interests you, be sure to go as soon as you can. They ran out by the late afternoon of day 1 (I think that's when)10. We actually got out of our final general session early, so we had extra time. Some people took advantage of the extra time too much, though, and had a hard time getting to the airport on time. At the Hilton, there were a lot of people who were there to stay while they had another conference going on, and for us on the last day there were huge amounts of people in the bus loading area. The airport shuttle company was sending small vans and not necessarily on time. SO GET TO THE SHUTTLE PICK UP EARLY, if you can. It's much better to be early at the airport where you can eat lunch there and relax and know you are checked in and okay, than have all that anxiety and stress that you might miss your flight. The lines at the airport (Midway) were really long both outside and inside for baggage check. The security lines were also REALLY long and seemed to move slow, so be prepared for that.11. The Hilton has a computer by the Concierge desk that you can use to check-in to your flight home and can print out your boarding pass. (Southwest, at least, not sure how the other airlines worked, but they were all listed on the main page of the computer.) I believe someone told me that at the Sheraton, on the 4th level they had a computer for people to use.12. The Hilton does not have a computer there to use for other things, and you have to pay for the wireless if you bring your own.That's all I can think of right now. It's late and I'm beat. It's been a long few days. It was really fun, very exciting, lots of great stuff, and it'll be worth the wait! :)

Last edited:
These are awesome tips!! Helps to ease alot of my first time jitters.
Bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is also free Wi-Fi at the Carribou Coffee... And their Apple Fritters are yummy!!

the coffee cake was amazing at Caribou too!! Just thought i'd share :D

For those who stay at the Sheraton, there is free Wi-Fi at the Starbucks down the hill in the corner of Dominicks.

At the Sheraton there is a Java Cafe one level down from the main lobby (take the escalator). It gave 45min to your room assignment - just need to know the last name of the person who registered the room and your room number. HTH

What are some helpful tips for organizing my kitchen?

1. Utilize drawer dividers or organizers to keep utensils and gadgets neatly sorted and easily accessible.

2. Use shelf risers to create extra storage space in cabinets and pantry shelves.

3. Label containers and jars to easily identify their contents and expiration dates.

4. Install a pot rack or use hooks to hang pots and pans for more efficient use of cabinet space.

5. Keep a whiteboard or notepad in the kitchen to jot down grocery items that need to be replenished.

How can I make meal prep and cooking easier?

1. Invest in good quality, versatile kitchen tools that can perform multiple tasks.

2. Plan meals and create a grocery list ahead of time to avoid last-minute stress and unnecessary trips to the store.

3. Chop and prep ingredients in bulk and store them in labeled containers for easy access during cooking.

4. Keep a trash bowl or bag handy while cooking to quickly dispose of scraps and keep the workspace clean.

5. Utilize kitchen gadgets such as a food chopper or mandoline slicer for faster and more consistent prep work.

What are some ways to maximize space in a small kitchen?

1. Utilize wall space by installing shelves or hanging racks for storing pots, pans, and utensils.

2. Use vertical storage solutions, such as stackable containers or tiered shelves, to make the most of cabinet and pantry space.

3. Opt for collapsible or multi-purpose kitchen tools and gadgets to save storage space.

4. Consider investing in a rolling kitchen cart for extra counter and storage space.

5. Keep countertops clutter-free by regularly decluttering and only keeping essential items within reach.

How can I keep my pantry and fridge organized?

1. Group similar items together and use bins or baskets to keep them contained and organized.

2. Use clear containers and labels to easily see and access items in the pantry.

3. Regularly check and rotate items in the pantry and fridge to ensure nothing goes to waste.

4. Keep a "first in, first out" system for organizing items in the pantry and fridge to prevent expired products.

5. Use a lazy Susan in the fridge for easy access to condiments and other frequently used items.

What are some tips for packing and transporting food for potlucks or parties?

1. Use insulated containers or coolers to keep hot dishes hot and cold dishes cold during transportation.

2. Place delicate foods, such as cupcakes or deviled eggs, in a secure container to prevent them from getting damaged.

3. Label dishes with their contents to avoid any confusion or food allergies.

4. Pack serving utensils and extra plates, cups, and cutlery in case they are needed at the event.

5. Bring a container or bags to pack any leftovers and avoid waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLAM
  • stephs_chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies