• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helpful Advice for Wedding Shower Guest's Broken Pitcher

In summary, the customer was able to get a new ice cream dipper for free because she had the receipt and the warranty was up.
dymplz8
Yesterday, I did a wedding shower for my cousin, which went great by the way...almost up to $1000 in sales :sing: but one of her guests asked me a question that I wasn't really sure if I could answer so I figured I would ask everyone here their opinion. She bought one of our quick stir pitchers back in March 2007 so it's over a year old. She said that about 2 months ago it cracked right down the side and she had been trying to get a hold of the consultant who did her show but has not been able to get in touch with her. She figured that she would just wait and talk to me about it at my cousin's show. The problem, is that it is now over the 1yr warranty period. Will I still be able to get her another one for free since she has had trouble finding a consultant to work with?:confused: She has her receipt still and she went ahead and gave me the pitcher. Should I call HO and explain the situation to them? Any suggestions?

Nope - once the warranty is out, there's no "going back". I missed my warranty on something by 2 days - YES, TWO DAYS!!!! If I were you, I would tell her that unfortunately you can't get it replaced for her, but that you are more than happy to offer it to her at a 30% savings....and then place it on the host's order for her. She may not like to host a show after having a not so good experience with the other consultant, but offering her a savings would probably be greatly appreciated.

dymplz8 said:
Yesterday, I did a wedding shower for my cousin, which went great by the way...almost up to $1000 in sales :sing: but one of her guests asked me a question that I wasn't really sure if I could answer so I figured I would ask everyone here their opinion. She bought one of our quick stir pitchers back in March 2007 so it's over a year old. She said that about 2 months ago it cracked right down the side and she had been trying to get a hold of the consultant who did her show but has not been able to get in touch with her. She figured that she would just wait and talk to me about it at my cousin's show. The problem, is that it is now over the 1yr warranty period. Will I still be able to get her another one for free since she has had trouble finding a consultant to work with?:confused: She has her receipt still and she went ahead and gave me the pitcher. Should I call HO and explain the situation to them? Any suggestions?

Also with this if she had the receipt and read the back of it she could have called HO herself-which they are supposed to do anyway. I would do what was suggested above and offer it to her for 30% off.

Well I had a customer with an ice cream dipper, and she couldn't remember when it was purchased as she didn't have the receipt. Turns out she got it two years ago as a gift, and the warranty was up last year. She was having another item ( that she did have the receipt for) replaced too, and the guy at HO gave her a new one ice cream dipper along with her other item, even thought the dipper was past warranty. he said something like " we'll replace it this once, since it was a gift to her and she didn't have the receipt or warranty information."

Last edited:
Hi there! First of all, congratulations on your successful wedding shower and reaching almost $1000 in sales! That's amazing!In regards to your question about the broken pitcher, I completely understand your concern. Our products are designed to last, and it's unfortunate that this one has cracked after just over a year of use. However, since it is past the 1-year warranty period, it may be difficult to get a replacement for free.My suggestion would be to first reach out to our Home Office and explain the situation to them. They may be able to provide some options or solutions for your guest. Additionally, you can also try reaching out to other consultants in your area to see if they can help with the replacement process.In the future, it's always a good idea to remind guests to register their products and keep their receipts in case they encounter any issues. This will make the replacement process much smoother.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Best of luck with your future shows!

1. How can I fix a broken pitcher?

Unfortunately, broken pitchers are difficult to repair and may not be safe to use for food or beverages again. It is recommended to dispose of the broken pitcher and purchase a new one.

2. Can I return the broken pitcher for a replacement?

If you purchased the pitcher from Pampered Chef, you can contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement. However, if you received the pitcher as a gift, you may need to check with the person who purchased it for you.

3. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef pitchers?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if a product is found to be defective or does not perform as expected, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund.

4. Can I use a broken pitcher as a decorative piece?

While the broken pitcher may still look visually appealing, it is not recommended to use it as a decorative piece. There may be sharp edges or small pieces that could pose a safety hazard. It is best to dispose of the broken pitcher and find a new decorative piece.

5. How can I prevent my pitcher from breaking in the future?

To prevent your pitcher from breaking, it is important to handle it with care and avoid dropping it or exposing it to extreme temperatures. It is also recommended to hand wash the pitcher instead of putting it in the dishwasher, as the harsh chemicals and hot water can weaken the glass over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies