• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Gay Wedding Shower: Advice from a Pro!

In summary, the person is getting married, and is having a gay wedding shower. It would be a non-issue for the person, but for others there might be hesitation or even a flat "no way".
milkangel
I had a booth and got a booking from that. this person booked a cooking show for march a wedding shower for may and is a recruit lead but She is getting married to another Girl what should i do? has any one done a Gay wedding shower?

For me it would be a non-issue. But for others there might be some hesitation or even a flat "no way". Really think about why you're hesitating... is the fact that it's for a gay wedding- a deal breaker for you? And if you choose not to do it- pass her on to another consultant- one who would be excited and do a great job!

i was just woundering if any one had done one. i am giving her a host pck today and info for the biz as well. I was like WOW. but still happy to do it. it though me off gard a bit.

there would be no difference whatsoever. Just instead of saying "Sarah and Joe's kitchen" you'll be talking about "Sarah and Karen's kitchen".

Sales are sales and commissions are commissions. If you don't do these shows, some other consultant will and they'll be eating your lunch.

Thanks guys for your input. i will keep it. But do i do every thing the same and i hae never donw a wedding shower before

milkangel said:
Thanks guys for your input. i will keep it. But do i do every thing the same and i hae never donw a wedding shower before

I would probably do it like a couple shower. I would assume both ladies would be there. (Or at least ask about it). Maybe do a newlywed style game but if they bridesmaids are helping at all I would leave that stuff to them.... kwim?

I'd have no issue with this party, and would do it the same as any other party. I'm sure you and they will have a blast!

Why not do the cooking show in March, have her get the kit credit, sign in May and have their shower be her grand opening.

1. What are some creative ideas for a gay wedding shower?

A great idea for a gay wedding shower is to have a themed party that reflects the couple's interests or hobbies. You could also have a cooking or cocktail class, a game night, or a spa day. Another unique idea is to have a DIY project where guests can make personalized gifts for the couple.

2. How can I make sure the event is inclusive for all guests?

Make sure to use inclusive language when planning and inviting guests to the shower. Also, consider having a diverse guest list and incorporating elements from both partners' cultures or backgrounds. It's also important to have gender-neutral activities and decorations.

3. Should I have a traditional gift registry or ask for donations?

It's up to the couple's preference. Some may prefer to have a traditional gift registry, while others may request donations to a charity or their honeymoon fund. You could also have a mix of both options to accommodate different guests' preferences.

4. How can I handle any potential awkwardness or discomfort from guests?

Communicate clearly and openly about the event and its purpose. Remind guests that this is a celebration of love and inclusion. It may also help to have a co-host or close friend of the couple act as a buffer and address any uncomfortable situations discreetly.

5. Is it appropriate to have games at a gay wedding shower?

Games can be a fun and inclusive activity at a gay wedding shower. However, make sure to choose games that are suitable for all guests and avoid any that may be offensive or exclusive. You could also have a mix of traditional and LGBTQ+ themed games to cater to all guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies