• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Prepare for a Multilingual Show with Mostly Spanish-Speaking Guests?

In summary, the speaker is preparing for a unique show with a Spanish-speaking host and guests who have limited English proficiency. The host has provided an interpreter and the speaker plans to have visual aids and use simple language during the demonstration. The speaker is advised to prepare beforehand and have fun with the show.
nikkijo
I booked this show a couple of weeks ago at a fair. She speaks pretty good english (spanish primary language) and most of the guest speak broken english. I was not able to get a hold of her until tonight :eek: They didn't have the phone set up properly so I was not able to leave a message.

I have spanish catalogs and order forms. She has asked an interpreter to be there to help :D . She has asked me to bring everything that I can because "her friends need to see everything" if they were to see it in a catalog and not in person and each item's benefits talked about they may think that they can get it at the dollar store cheaper.

She's expecting more than 7 people (I'm bringing folding chairs for more seats) and a good turn out. I'm just nervous because this will not go like a "normal" show because English will not be the primary language and showcasing the products will be different. I'm thinking that when I'm talking about the products to demo and have as much guest interaction as possible to keep the interest.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Recruit her!!!!!

I would bring tool-turn-about and put on the coffee table near the guests so they can pick every little item up. I would focus on talking about a few larger items - stones, food chopper, cookware, knives - and why PC stuff is so good. Point out the guarantees and benefits of hosting a show several times. You might also give incentives since you might have a "cheap" bunch. Maybe a Season's Best if they buy a stone or something. If the host is excited, she'll do the selling for you.

Good luck....BEE

Hi there! It sounds like you have a unique situation with this show. It's great that the host is providing an interpreter to help with the language barrier. My advice would be to prepare as much as possible beforehand. Make sure you have all of your products and materials organized and ready to go. It might also be helpful to have some visual aids, like pictures or diagrams, to help explain the products. When demonstrating, try to use simple language and avoid any complex terms or phrases. Also, don't be afraid to ask for feedback from the host and guests to make sure they understand everything. And most importantly, have fun with it and be patient. Good luck with your show!

What do I need to do to prepare for the show tomorrow night?

To prepare for the show tomorrow night, make sure to have all of your ingredients and tools ready to go. Additionally, review the recipes or demonstrations that will be featured in the show so you can follow along easily.

Can I invite friends and family to the show tomorrow night?

Yes, the more the merrier! Feel free to invite friends and family to join in on the show tomorrow night. They can even participate in the interactive portions if they have their own Pampered Chef products.

What time does the show start tomorrow night?

The show will start at the designated time that was communicated to you. Make sure to log in a few minutes early to ensure that you don't miss anything.

Will there be any special deals or promotions during the show tomorrow night?

Yes, there may be special deals and promotions offered during the show tomorrow night. Make sure to pay attention and take advantage of any discounts or free gifts that may be available.

I can't attend the show tomorrow night. Will it be recorded for me to watch later?

Unfortunately, the show will not be recorded. However, you can always reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for a one-on-one demonstration at a time that works better for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef greta
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies