• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! She Changed Her Mind About the Registry...

In summary, the bride canceled her registry with the quick registry that the author did at a convention.
kearstin
OK, so Monday morning I was all excited because I had a ton of brides sign up for the Quick Registry I did at an expo on Sunday. Last night was the first chance I had to create registries and I did about 10 of them, but this morning I already had an email from one of the brides who changed her mind. Here's what she said:

Thank you for adding the registry for me. I am sorry to tell you that I have went on and deleted the registry. I have decided to stay where I am registered already and not to confuse people with two places. Thank you for all your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
"Bride"

Don't couples usually register at more than one place??? I did, I registered at 3 (unfortunately PC wasn't an option at the time :( ). I was thinking I might email her back and say thanks for letting me know, sorry you changed your mind, but couples often register at more than one place, ours has rewards... Any thoughts???

I wouldn't take it personally. Who knows what her situation is or what family members are pressuring her to do this and that. Unfortunately if people aren't familiar with Pampered Chef or feel that we're "too expensive" (even though about half of the catalog is under $15!), they may register elsewhere. If you email her back, maybe ask her what she's getting for free from the other company. I'm sure she's NOT getting anywhere close to what PC offers, but if you've informed her how our registry works then it's her loss.:( Bless and release!

I would just say "I completely understand. If you decide you'd like to be registered with TPC as well as where you're already registered, please let me know. I'd hate for you to miss out on the wonderful benefits we offer to brides. I hope your wedding goes wonderfully, take care!"

britishchef said:
I would just say "I completely understand. If you decide you'd like to be registered with TPC as well as where you're already registered, please let me know. I'd hate for you to miss out on the wonderful benefits we offer to brides. I hope your wedding goes wonderfully, take care!"

I agree with Amber's reply. I'd also be careful about questioning her about what other registries are offering. It can make you sound like you are bashing others to build yours up. I might even add (to what Amber said) "please earmark my website for future reference once you are married. I'd love to work with you in the future when things settle down."

It could be that she is just completely overwhelmed with all the choices she has in front of her now. Letting her know that you are available in the future might make her feel better.

I agree 100% with what GeorgiaPeach suggested.

KimmyDarling said:
I agree 100% with what GeorgiaPeach suggested.

Wow, it's not often that someone agrees with me...especially 100%! Thanks, Kim :) I'm going to have to show this to my husband :D

I just had another idea.....since you have her address and wedding date...make a note to send her a catalog and congratulatory note after the wedding. Once again, offer to help her with her kitchen needs once the gifts have been unwrapped and she knows what else she needs.

Great suggestions!

Or, if you take the high road you'll be open to offer a show after the wedding as an opportunity to show off all the silver candlesticks she'll never use again.

OK, maybe that's not fully the high road after all.

Wont she still get the packet from HO with the cards in it and stuff.???? How long was it uo on the internet????

Kearstin...I have a registry with my cousin. I am going through the same thing (well almost) with her. She hasn't cancelled yet (keeping fingers crossed) but she has registered with Macy's and BBB. Most of her registry w/ "the others" is linens. She is not much in the kitchen (her words). Her fear was that the gifts would not arrive on time for people to bring to the wedding (and truth be told, probably concerned with return policy). I explained everything to her, about gifts being sent as soon as they are ordered, etc. You may want to just ask her a few questions (in a non pushy manor) to see if she has underlying concerns. Then do what the previous posts offered. Valky

Last edited:
You can also advise her that out of town and even in town friends and family can order presents for her and have them delivered right to her door. A convenience for them because they don't have to go to a store, ask for a copy of the registry then spend hours going through the store trying to find that item on the shelf (been there, done that).

I think what Amber and Lisa said is right on - please don't take it personally. I know most people register at more than one places, but alot of people only register at one. Not everyone is as excited about kitchen products as we are. I know when I got married, 11 years ago, I didn't give a hoot about kitchen products, I wanted lingerie!

Related to Help! She Changed Her Mind About the Registry...

1. What should I do if the bride changes her mind about items on her registry?

If the bride changes her mind about items on her registry, the first step is to communicate with her. Ask her why she changed her mind and if there are any specific items she would like to replace them with. If possible, try to accommodate her requests and update the registry accordingly.

2. Can items be added or removed from the registry after it has been shared with guests?

Yes, items can be added or removed from the registry even after it has been shared with guests. It is important to keep the registry updated to avoid any confusion or duplicate gifts.

3. Is it rude for the bride to change her mind about items on the registry?

No, it is not rude for the bride to change her mind about items on the registry. It is natural for preferences and needs to change over time. As long as the bride communicates the changes with guests and updates the registry, it is perfectly acceptable.

4. How can I inform guests about changes to the registry?

You can inform guests about changes to the registry by sending them a notification through the registry website or by including a note in the wedding invitations. You can also ask close family and friends to spread the word.

5. What if guests have already purchased items that have been removed from the registry?

If guests have already purchased items that have been removed from the registry, it is best to reach out to them and let them know about the changes. You can offer them the option to exchange the item for something else on the registry or for a gift card. It is important to express your gratitude for their generosity and understanding for any inconvenience caused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
Replies
Views
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views