• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Putting Together My 1St Fler

Black Friday flyers are phone-only sales that offer a free product to the first 10 people who order. A woman is doing her first Black Friday sale by herself, and is asking for advice. She has never done anything like this before, and is not sure if she is setting up the event as a show or how to set it up. She also asks for advice on what to include in the flyer, aside from the special instructions for ordering. Other advice is appreciated.
princessmeshelle
ok, i did a booth today and i told everyone who signed up for the drawing i am having a Black Friday Sale. i plan to give an extra 10% off all orders placed that day. so, i have never put a flyer together or done a sale by myself before.
A) so i'm not sure if i set it up as a show with me as a host or how to set it up.

B) my next question is what should i include in the flyer aside from my special and ordering instructions?

any other suggestions and or tips would be appreciated...

Did you look up the Black Friday flyers that are in the files? I think it was just last week or so that people were talking about this topic. I'm off to bed, I can't stay up any longer...but in the morning, if you still need help I'll try to look it up. But check the files or do a search and hopefully you'll get some ideas. Good luck! :)

been searching the archives, have found lots of sales ideas, i liked one idea i saw offering extra % off for booking in DEC and JAN. but i would want those bookings to hold so trying to think of what might entice someone to book for those months and get them to stick with their show later. one thing i noticed was the type of sale i was thinking of doing would have been online, but noticed everyones flyers were phone call and email only, don't order through site. can i not set up a show for it online? i thought i might buy extras with FPV and see about raffling the extras off to ppl who ordered. i'm not sure what t do with the host bennies if i offered through the site as a show, any sugestions or tips?

Last edited:
princessmeshelle said:
i'm not sure what t do with the host bennies if i offered through the site as a show, any sugestions or tips?

If you're offering a % off, you must have a plan for how to do this with online orders, since it won't come off automatically. Take that plan and modify it for changing one order to be the host, like a mystery host party. Everyone gets one entry for placing an order, another entry for ordering the monthly guest special, perhaps a bonus entry or entries for orders over a certain $$ or for being one of the first ten orders. Then call the lucky winner and have them choose their free products.

As far as bookings, make an offer to anyone who places an order and books a show in Dec or Jan that they can get the host special for free. Is it worth $20 to you to book those shows?

the plan was to host an online show and adjust everyones order with a consultant gift of 10% off once i download it into P3. at least that is how i understand it can be done. i'm actually scared to do a mystry host type of show, as i am unsure of how to break up the bennies between more than 2 people and have every one get a receipt.

princessmeshelle said:
the plan was to host an online show and adjust everyones order with a consultant gift of 10% off once i download it into P3. at least that is how i understand it can be done. i'm actually scared to do a mystry host type of show, as i am unsure of how to break up the bennies between more than 2 people and have every one get a receipt.

How I think it's done is that you input all the orders (of all the hosts) under one big host/co-hosts. Instead of printing out P3 receipts, you would handwrite order forms for each host. That way, they have a receipt, if necessary, but it's inputted into P3 the way it needs to be. Make any sense?

If they ever need to do an adjustment, they can go through you, and HO only has the entire order on file, not broken down individually.

But...if I'm wrong, I hope someone corrects me before I do it this way with my mystery host show...

First thing, be sure all your figures, spelling, punctuation, and grammer are checked! Nothing puts anyone off on a flyer than poor structure like above... It is one of my biggest pet peeves. Then double check your figures, spelling, punctuation, and grammer again! Anyway, don't give away more than you make. I just read a thread where the Consultant promised more than the $1,000 show was going to make! UGH!

As others have posted, plenty of Black Friday ideas/posters on here so don't waste time reinventing the wheel!

first, let me assure you, spell check and grammar check are my best friends when i care. i hate typing so, unless it actually matters, i'm very informal. i even hate capitalizing. you may have noticed, i never use it unless i can't stand to see it without caps. i'm sorry if my typing habit gets on your nerves, but if i spent all my time correcting every error on my screen i would never get something on the screen. (i'm not trying to be rude, i'm just letting you know)
second, i'm not trying to give away my commission. i just thought a 10% discount would be enough to make them feel like they were getting a "better" deal than usual and help me meet my sales goal. i figure, even IF i sold $1000, and i know that is a big if for me, that would be $100 out of my pocket. i am willing to accept that loss.

last, i'm sorry if i'm snippy, i'm tired and have been dealing with a cranky 2 yr old who seems to never be happy with me anymore. i'm not trying to be short, i'm just in a to the point kind of mood right now.

princessmeshelle said:
dealing with a cranky 2 yr old

I totally feel you on this - "working from home" doesn't always seem possible unless I cram stuff in during naptime. ;) Good luck with the Black Friday sale!

What tools do I need to put together my first fler?

For putting together your first fler, you will need a mixing bowl, a whisk, a spatula, a rolling pin, and a fler press. These tools will help you mix the dough, roll it out, and press it into the fler shape.

Can I use regular flour to make my fler?

It is not recommended to use regular flour for making fler. Fler requires a special type of flour called "fler flour" which is specifically designed for making flers. Regular flour does not have the same consistency and will not produce the same results.

How long does it take to put together a fler?

The time it takes to put together a fler can vary depending on your experience level and the recipe you are using. On average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to put together a fler.

Can I freeze the fler dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze fler dough for later use. After making the dough, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the fridge overnight before rolling it out.

Do I need to preheat my oven before baking the fler?

Yes, it is important to preheat your oven before baking the fler. This ensures that the oven is at the correct temperature for baking and will help the fler to cook evenly. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified in your fler recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • princessmeshelle
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • PC For Me 2 Move Out